What's more American than Disney?!We Brave the 4th of July! TR LINK pg. 55!!!!!!!

NikkiLovesWDW!

"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S
Hey everyone!!! I am just bouncing off the walls right now so I HAVE to start my new PTR!! I hope to see all of my old friends and make some new ones! Check out my last two TRs in my signature.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Nikki, my WDW travel partner is my DH of 6 months, Tom. Tom had never been to Disney before he met me and now this will be his 6th trip! I am a teacher so our trips are limited to basically Summers.

Why, oh why are we going over 4th of July?? Welll.....we got married last summer on July 18th and checked into our resort the very next day! That means, our APs expire on the 19th this year and school gets out on June 25th so that doesn't leave much time in between. We went back and forth decided if it was a good idea to go over the 4th and we finally said, Let's Do It!! When are we ever going to have the opportunity to do that again? We certainly aren't ever going to go with strollers on the 4th so now is the time!

I also JUST started my master's with an online program, Walden. I didn't want to book the trip until it started so I could see how easy/hard it would be to do work in advance before our trip. It seems like it will be easy enough so we decided to book.

Well, I woke up yesterday morning and realized...our 180 day mark passed a few days ago!!!! :scared1: As soon as Tom woke up, I told him and he said BOOK IT NOW! So I e-mailed my YourMagicalJourneys TA, Debbie, who books all my trips for me and she had me booked within the hour! Then I went to work on making all my ADRs! I LOVE being able to make them online. So fun to play around and much easier than going back and for with a person.

I will post dates, resort and ADRs in a later post but I want to get to the reason why I'm bouncing off the walls and just HAD to start my TR NOW!

Get ready for this...I just....booked...a "Wishes" fireworks cruise...for the 3RD OF JULY!!!!!!!

Isn't that exciting!? I put "Wishes" in quotes because they play the special holiday fireworks on both the 3rd and the 4th. Originally, we planned to see them from inside the MK on the 3rd, thinking it would be less crowded than the 4th but with the 3rd being a Saturday, who know? It's going to be a madhouse, regardless. But now we don't have to worry about those pesky crowds because we will be on a boat in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Unfortunatly, Tom doesn't quite "get it" and isn't sharing in my extreme excitement at the moment but he'll understand...hopefully. I hope it's as awesome as I want it to be.

Okay, I have done a lot of talking and that is soooo unlike me! I'm usually all about the pictures so here are a few of us from trips past...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Oh, the poor people who get stuck in a ride vehicle with us...

Anyway, more info about the trip and pictures to follow shortly!

popcorn:: I'm here! Can't wait to read more!

That's so exciting about the Wishes Cruise!! :woohoo: ... the Illuminations Cruise we did last July was fantastic - one of the best things I've ever done at WDW :wizard:

I'm thinking of booking a Wishes one for our Disneymoon next year! :lovestruc .. will it just be you & Tom on the boat?

Emma princess: x x

popcorn:: I'm here! Can't wait to read more!

That's so exciting about the Wishes Cruise!! :woohoo: ... the Illuminations Cruise we did last July was fantastic - one of the best things I've ever done at WDW :wizard:

I'm thinking of booking a Wishes one for our Disneymoon next year! :lovestruc .. will it just be you & Tom on the boat?

Thanks! I'm super excited! I DID tell the CM we were celebrating our anniversary (even though it's 2 weeks early) but I really hope we can fill the boat with other Disers, as I really don't want to spend $350!! I already asked Tinkerbell60 from our July 2009 thread so maybe her family will want to join us. Otherwise, I'll ask around on the new July 2010 thread or even on the Cruise thread. I might even ask on the July 09 thread if anyone else is going this July. I'd rather have people "I know" with me, especially since I don't want to get stuck with the bill if they are a no-show!

also going over 4th july...boyfriend a teacher too so likewise constrained with term times...really nervous about the crowds as its his first time and i really want him to get a great impression of disney...so we're planning to be at ropedrop to try and het a few rides done before the hoardes arrive!

the wishes cruise sounds cool, if you went a hundred times to disney there's always something new to try!

also going over 4th july...boyfriend a teacher too so likewise constrained with term times...really nervous about the crowds as its his first time and i really want him to get a great impression of disney...so we're planning to be at ropedrop to try and het a few rides done before the hoardes arrive!

the wishes cruise sounds cool, if you went a hundred times to disney there's always something new to try!

Oh yay! Thanks for joining! We are really nervous about the crowds too but I think if you go in knowing what it's going to be like and having a plan, you'll be fine!

I was really nervous when I took Tom for his first time. It was the middle of August so it was hot but the crowds were not really that bad...until the last few days when the "free dining" crowd got there! But I was so happy because every night when we would get back to the room he would say something like, "Ugh, I LOVE Epcot!" or wherever we just got back from. It made me so happy! I was afraid he wouldn't like it and we'd have to break up! :rotfl:

Cast: Me - Nikki (28), DH - Tom (34)
Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Dates: July 1 - July 8

Are we ready for the heat? Oh yes, we are ready for the heat! Are we ready for the crowds? Oh yes! We have plenty of experience. Here are some crowd pics from last July.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Other than the Wishes Cruise, I have already made some ADRs.

July 1 - 7:25 Rose and Crown We had the same time at R&C for our honeymoon and were lucky enough to be seated on the patio for Illuminations. Hoping for the same luck this time! The drinks are STRONG at R&C. Here is a picture of me with my delicious drink AND a picture of me walking back through WS, the long way, in the rain after just a few drinks with dinner...notice I'm wet, and have no shoes on...but I"m happy!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

July 2 - 5:00 T-Rex Since this is a Friday night, we decided it would be a good night to avoid the parks and do some DTD. Tom has wanted to try T-Rex so this was the night for it!

July 3 - Well.... as of now, I have a reservation for Tony's because this was to be the night we were going to watch the holiday firewords from the MK....BUT since we no long need to be in the MK, I need to cancel this ADR and decide on somewhere else to eat. Perhaps one of the MK resorts, but who knows! I'll keep you posted on this one.

July 4 - 2:45 Beirgarten Nothing says you're proud to be an American more than eating German food! Haha! Actually, we ate here for the first time on our honeymoon too and really enjoyed it. Again, the drinks were plentiful and strong.

ry%3D480

And when those were empty....yeah, I know it's blurry! :drinking1
ry%3D480

Then this happens......

ry%3D480

Yeah, it's going to be one of THOSE trips! Hey, we're young and single and we like to have fun! Actually, I'm not that big of a drinker at home but I just love to get tipsy in WDW! DISclaimer: I do want you all to know, though, that although we get silly and have fun, we are never obnoxious, disrespectful or inappropriate. We know where we are. :thumbsup2

Okay, moving on. So we plan to stay for Illuminations that night.

July 5 - 8:25am Donald's Safari Breakfast
We usually have at least one character meal. We've done Liberty Tree (back when they had characters), Chef Mickey's and our favorite, Crystal Palace. We like the idea of getting into the park before it opens for breakfast and since we've done Crystal Palace so many times already, we decided to try the same concept, but with the AK.

July 6 - 7:00 Kouzzina
This is very random for us and Tom was quite :confused3 when I suggested it but here's the thinking. On our very first trip together in 2006, we went to Jellyrolls and had a blast. We always wanted to go back, but we just never got around to it. I chose this night to be our Jellyrolls night and figured since we'd be on the Boardwalk anyway, maybe we should try the restaurant! And now that we have an ADR, we have no excuse to NOT make it to Jellyrolls! Haven't heard much about Kouzzina but the menu looks good!

July 7 - 1:00 Chefs de France Again, this is another restaurant that we first tried on our honeymoon last summer and loved it! I mean, c'mon...look at this dessert!

ry%3D480

We like the look of this place and the big, wide windows make it nice and bright inside. Also good for people watching! We also really enjoyed Remy and his friend, who WE know as familiar friend from the Adventurer's Club! ;)

ry%3D480

So that's it! We like to have some dinners and some lunches. We feel like having out big meal at lunch, makes it easier to have delicious snacks the rest of the day! Otherwise, we try to limit our snacks so we don't ruin our appetites! We have nothing planned for July 8th, as that is our departure, we'll probably play it by ear.

Any opinions of our restaurant choices are welcome! I'd love to hear other people's opinions!!

I'm in! You work fast! I did my master's degree online through the University of New England. It's definitely different but I liked the flexibility with due dates and coursework. (Being able to do my work in my sweatpants was also a plus!) It's a little lonely--I missed having friends to work with but you get used to it.

Get ready for this...I just....booked...a "Wishes" fireworks cruise...for the 3RD OF JULY!!!!!!!

That's awesome! I'm so jealous--July 3rd is my wedding anniversary!

Yay you started a PTR :)

You sound like you have got everything down to a T. Great restaurant choices too and a Wishes Cruise sounds fabulous :)

Great ADR choices! Hope you enjoy Kouzzina (make sure you are really hungry before - we found the portions really BIG! oh and try out an Ouzo-tini, if you like aniseed flavor!) and breakfast at Tusker House - we loved that last month, rare opportunity to see Daisy Duck too! :cutie:

I'm in! You work fast! I did my master's degree online through the University of New England. It's definitely different but I liked the flexibility with due dates and coursework. (Being able to do my work in my sweatpants was also a plus!) It's a little lonely--I missed having friends to work with but you get used to it.

That's awesome! I'm so jealous--July 3rd is my wedding anniversary!

Yes, I've done ALL of my work so far in sweatpants!

Yay you started a PTR :)

You sound like you have got everything down to a T. Great restaurant choices too and a Wishes Cruise sounds fabulous :)

Thanks! I am surprised at how quickly we made our restaurant choices. I think it was better that we didn't book the trip and then have months to think about where we were going to eat. It all happened at once!

Great ADR choices! Hope you enjoy Kouzzina (make sure you are really hungry before - we found the portions really BIG! oh and try out an Ouzo-tini, if you like aniseed flavor!) and breakfast at Tusker House - we loved that last month, rare opportunity to see Daisy Duck too! :cutie:

I think that I was subconciously thinking of your TR when deciding on both of these restaurants! :thumbsup2

Yay!!! I'm soooo excited you are going again! AND going on the Wishes cruise...WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I love your TRs- and I love your sense of humor in all the photos- you always crack me up, Nikki! :rotfl:

:yay:So excited for you! Loved T-Rex and Donald's breakfast, Rose and Crown too! Great picks!
The cruise sounds awesome! No crowds- it will be like the show is just for you!

Yay!!! I'm soooo excited you are going again! AND going on the Wishes cruise...WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I love your TRs- and I love your sense of humor in all the photos- you always crack me up, Nikki! :rotfl:

Hey!!! So glad to see you here! I know isn't the Wishes cruise a steal! For such an important fireworks night, too!! I still can't believe it! To think, we came so close to being stuck in shoulder to shoulder crowds in the MK and now we get the whole boat to ourselves!! (Well Tinkerbell60 and her fam are going to join us, but you know what I mean!) Like jasliv said, it's like a private show!! It couldn't be more perfect!!

:yay:So excited for you! Loved T-Rex and Donald's breakfast, Rose and Crown too! Great picks!
The cruise sounds awesome! No crowds- it will be like the show is just for you!

:cool1: We loved Rose and Crown! Hoping for outside seating again but we can't have everything! We'll just have to wait and see about that. I am excited for T-Rex and breakfast in the AK too!

I'm in!!! What's the drink you had at the Rose & Crown that you really liked in that photo you posted? It looked like my kind of (fruity) drink!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter