"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?" - 11/27 - TR started!

What a beautiful bunch and some very great photos of them as well. I have to say though Harry looks a lot like our cat Mongo. :) does he have an extra thumb by chance?

Awww... thanks for sharing your family! The pups are beautiful. Now I know the story behind your user name! :)

What a beautiful bunch and some very great photos of them as well. I have to say though Harry looks a lot like our cat Mongo. :) does he have an extra thumb by chance?
Do you know what's strange -- you're not the first person to say that! I've had two other people tell me they have cats that look like Harry who have extra toes! Weird. But no, Harry doesn't have any extras.
And thanks! :goodvibes

Love all of your babies! They are beautiful!
Thank you! :goodvibes

You have a beautiful family. Great pictures. I can't wait to hear about your plans.
Thank you! Now that the intros are all done, plans are next. :thumbsup2

Awww... thanks for sharing your family! The pups are beautiful. Now I know the story behind your user name! :)
I love to show off my furkids, hehehe. Thanks. And I always get people asking about my username so I figured I'd tell the story early. :thumbsup2

Just popping in really quickly to say how much I LOVE AirMiles deals weekends! We almost have enough for a flight and a half! :cool1:

teekathepony said:
Just popping in really quickly to say how much I LOVE AirMiles deals weekends! We almost have enough for a flight and a half! :cool1:

That's awesome!! I have never been one to remember my Air Miles card but I am going to start :)

That's awesome!! I have never been one to remember my Air Miles card but I am going to start :)
Oh I'm a big believer in AirMiles, we have flown to Florida four times in five years plus once to Ottawa and Universal tickets with AirMiles! We just use our card whenever we get the chance. We also both have AirMiles credit cards that we use for everything. :thumbsup2

I'm in, nice to see pictures of your furbabies as we call them.
:welcome: Glad you enjoyed by furbabies hehehe

Love the gifs and the pictures! Can't wait to read more!
:welcome: and thanks for joining!

Your family are so cute!!! Just beautiful all of them - how wonderful to have so many
Thanks! :goodvibes I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family!

Always love seeing your pet pictures, they're so great! Everytime I see all your adorable animals, it makes me miss having a big animal family and I wanna go out and adopt another fur baby. :rotfl:

Always love seeing your pet pictures, they're so great! Everytime I see all your adorable animals, it makes me miss having a big animal family and I wanna go out and adopt another fur baby. :rotfl:
Aww thanks!
Nothing better as a kid than growing up with a dog! You should get a puppy for Landon! :rotfl:

The back story.

As I said in the intro, we weren't originally supposed to be able to go on a Disney trip this year. There were just too many reasons (all of course, leading back to money.)

Germany: I have a German sister, Carolin. She was an exchange student living with us almost 10 years ago. We've kept in touch and are very close. I've gone to Germany to visit her twice and she stood in my wedding. We promised her we would go visit her this year. Johnny's never been out of North America so I was excited to show him something different.

4420_89011007988_5371907_n.jpg

Ottawa: My best friend is getting married in late August (remember this, it will be important!) and I'm the maid of honour. She lives in Ottawa. In February, thinking we weren't taking a Disney trip, we used up our Air Miles to fly to Ottawa for a visit and planning session. (Read: Air Miles depleted. No flight to Disney) I also while I was there bought my bridesmaid dress (much more expensive than I was hoping for...) There will be lots of expenses tied to this wedding. The shoes she wants us to get are $150 and I will never wear them again. :sad2:

58819_10151323212062989_238673322_n.jpg

Basement renos: We built our home over three years ago. We said we would some day finish the basement. We said this year would be the year for it.

All of this (but mostly the Germany trip) added up to equal no Disney trip for us. We were both really sad about it but also excited to see Germany, hoping to get to Italy and stretching our imaginations all the way to Disneyland Paris.

Then Caro told me that the only two weeks she could get vacation time for, out of the entire year, was mid-August. Sarah, my best friend, is getting married in late August. My boss always takes vacation in August. It just couldn't happen. I begged and pleaded, but Caro simply could not get any other time off. She decided it would be easier to wait until next year.

Though I was sad, my thoughts couldn't help but immediately turn to Disney. Could we do it?

tumblr_lp9qo9iujx1qkjj5l.gif

I asked Johnny but he cut me off saying "Please don't get my hopes up if there's not a chance we can go."

"But what if there IS a chance?" I asked.

tumblr_makewlMYW61ro8qpo.gif

We factored in the money we had saved for Germany. We hoped we might get something little back for our tax returns. We decided the basement could wait another year. We hopped on Disney's site and started looking.

In that moment there was hope. You might even say, one little spark.

figment.jpg

After deciding to just look into it, just to see, we sat down at the computer.

"I want November." Johnny said. I agreed. 4 trips in September with the Hallowe'en decorations is enough for us, we hate Hallowe'en. We ADORE Christmas! Our honeymoon trip was in November and it was absolutely magical.

600-osborne.jpg

WDW.jpg

So we priced up a value resort (Pop Century with a preferred room) in early November. We got the numbers. We crunched them a little. We looked at each other and smiled -- we could do this!

tumblr_m3f3sqWXZB1ro8qpo.gif

I am sorry it took me so long to read your animal post. You know I absolutely love all your animals and the fact that you take such fantastic pictures just makes them even more endearing! Thank you for posting.

And your story of how this trip came to be is so cute. I love it! Perfect. I am really glad that you are going to see the Christmas decorations. I think you will absolutely love it that time of year. How great that its even closer to your anniversary so you can celebrate. Wonderful update!

I am sorry it took me so long to read your animal post. You know I absolutely love all your animals and the fact that you take such fantastic pictures just makes them even more endearing! Thank you for posting.

And your story of how this trip came to be is so cute. I love it! Perfect. I am really glad that you are going to see the Christmas decorations. I think you will absolutely love it that time of year. How great that its even closer to your anniversary so you can celebrate. Wonderful update!

No need to apologize, you had a lot going on! :hug: And once again I'm anxiously awaiting your good news, I know it's coming. ;)

I REALLY can't wait to see the Christmas decorations again! Ahhhh magic!

Isn't it great when the numbers fall into place? I'm always surprised by how WDW vacations compare with other trips down south that friends/family have done. It's usually pretty much in the same price range when you do value resort and use airmiles/points.

ok so I've never been around xmas time but it looks absolutely magical from the pictures I've seen.

Isn't it great when the numbers fall into place? I'm always surprised by how WDW vacations compare with other trips down south that friends/family have done. It's usually pretty much in the same price range when you do value resort and use airmiles/points.

ok so I've never been around xmas time but it looks absolutely magical from the pictures I've seen.

I love when numbers fall into place, especially the numbers with these things ( $$$ ) in front of them! :rotfl2:
I actually worked it out once. We found an "awesome" deal to the Dominican and when we factored in taxes and fees and everything all together it was exactly $16 less than a Disney trip! I showed my co-worker once too. Got him thinking. :thumbsup2
Oh Christmas time is absolutely magical! I'm a Christmas lover too so that helps. :lmao:

I call it "The Resort Runaround"

After deciding that yes, we could take a trip this year, the next logical question was where to stay. On site, of course, but would we go back to Pop, our old favourite? Would we give Art of Animation another try?

tumblr_m6thhipmt91rys4czo1_500.gif

We both agreed that we would like to do something new. We poked around at the thought of one of the All Star resorts, but I have to say, they just didn't appeal to us. One day I made a new chart (I love charts) and compared the prices of a moderate resort to the prices of a value resort. Then I made a list (I love lists) of the PROs to staying at a mod. In the PRO column were things like pool slide, hot tub, restaurant in the resort. We decided to give a moderate a try.

Which one?

"Pick me!"
tumblr_m0piloWgae1qasflk.gif

Caribbean Beach we eliminated because they have double beds and all the others have queens. We figured if we're going to pay for a moderate, let's get a bigger bed! Also the themeing didn't appeal to us as much as others. We eliminated French Quarter due to the creepy mardi gras clown guys everywhere. For a whole week we went back and forth between Riverside and Coronado. In the end, we settled on Riverside.

Riverside%20000.jpg

And I do say "settled."

We never felt really excited about it. Such a big resort, we were a little nervous about the size. I'm sure it's fine, but don't forget that early on we had decided to do a preferred at Pop because we didn't want that much extra walking. Hmmm.

tumblr_maavh8PMHZ1rvo0o7.gif

Every time we were quiet for a minute, one of us would say to the other "Where are we staying?" and the other would have to answer with their gut feeling at that moment. Although POR won out most times, we just couldn't get excited about it.

tumblr_m3biyv0ofs1qinmdwo1_500.gif

POFQ got tossed back into consideration for its small size and proximity to POR's amenities. We weren't completely happy with any of these options. I can't quite put my finger on why. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these resorts are wonderful... but they were simply not calling to us.

Then we started to talk about Pop Century again. Why spend the extra money on a resort we're not going to be completely happy with? But we so wanted to see something new. What to do?

Then one day while I was on the computer, Johnny came in the room and asked, out of the blue; "How much is the Boardwalk per night?"

So we looked it up. It wasn't as much as I thought. Hmmm...

How much would it cost us for a week?

The price was, of course, much higher than Pop Century... but somehow we thought we could do it. We counted up what we had saved, what we had coming, anything else we could factor in. What did we find?

We could do this.

Boardwalk is my current dream resort. I want to stay there so. freaking. bad.

Then Johnny asked me to price AKL. His dream resort. He had always thought it was the most expensive deluxe. How surprised he was when I told him it was just the opposite. $600 less than Boardwalk. Johnny's eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas.

tumblr_lqbvrrrRmo1qgcbz5.gif

AKL is my long time dream resort. Until I started seeing the Boardwalk on the Dis, I wanted to stay at AKL so bad it hurt.

tumblr_lueo600QrT1qfdwsio1_500.gif

We decided on this: AKL this trip and Boardwalk would be our 2015 goal.

Did you get that?

I'M STAYING AT ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE!

tumblr_inline_mhm00iMBqo1qz4rgp.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter