• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the Deal with MS Hours?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
Is it just me that's frustrated with the hours of MS availability? Aren't they just tad east coast centric?

It seems that everytime I have the time to call them, they're closed. I mean what's the deal with closing at 5:30 PM EST? There do happen to be other time zones in the country, or has something changed when I wasn't looking?

It might just be me that has a busy work day, and usually can't get to taking care of personal business until after work.

I don't have an issue with MS themselves. When I am able to call them they have always provided terrific service.

a good percent of the members are from the east coast. florida has the most members, new york has the second most, and new jersey has the third most.
it would be nice thou if they could keep longer hours just have some of the people work second shift.

I recently took a DVC survey and one of the questions was about extra hours (nighttime and weekend hours). So I would say it is definately something they are looking at.

Well, WDW is on the east coast, so I expect to call eastern time for anything that's located in the eastern time zone. I know it's a pain for Californians, but then, I have the same problem when I travel to California and have to eat when my body wants to go to bed! :teeth:

I disagree with the argument that DVC is on the east coast, hence the hours. That would mean that WDW CRO should shut down at 5:30 PM EST too, and they don't do that.

For someone like me in central time, closing at 4:30 PM my time is a pain, I would think its an even bigger pain if you're on mountain or pacific time and having them closed at 3:30 or 2:30 PM.

iankh said:
Is it just me that's frustrated with the hours of MS availability?

It might just be me that has a busy work day, and usually can't get to taking care of personal business until after work.

I would also like longer hours, or maybe Saturday hours.

However, there is a trade off - longer hours mean more expenses, and our dues would go up.

And there are plenty of members who would be against that !

isn't Thursday still to 7 or 6 pm??

it was at one point - not certain now.

maybe you can call during your lunch hour?

or do you have to do business during lunch too.

Funny -- I wish they were opened early on the East Coast so I could call right at 9 a.m. when I need to call day-by-day. I'm just getting to work at 9 a.m. most mornings and, while it's no problem to call from work, the "morning routine" in the library I work in means I usually can't get to the phone until at least 10 a.m. Being in any other time zone would actually make the times work better for me.

But I'm against most things that might raise our dues. Everybody knew the hours when they purchased their points and I don't want to pay any more than I already am!

Yes, Thursday hours go later, for those who need a longer time to call. I too live in the Central time zone, but I like the fact that I can call at 8 my time instead of 9.

Trying to compare CRO hours to DVC hours is like trying to compare - well - CRO to DVC hours. There's just no comparison in the volumes and needs.

As for East Coast, West Coast, middle USA time zones - it's something we live with everyday in all of our lives. Just today I had to call the West Coast for an insurance question and of course - had to wait until they had opened.

I think it's the country we live in and the logisitics of it. So I say, adapt and move on.

JMHO. YOMV.

On the Member Cruise,

I didnt bring it up, but the lady in front of me did. She was from overseas and mentioned the hours and how early/late they had to be up to book the Member Cruise. I overheard a Hi level DVC exec :goodvibes tell her that they are definitely looking at the MS hours and something had to be done and mentioned California members being affected by the current MS hours too.

I know DVC is expanding sales in California and its one thing to sell those hours in Florida to Californians who were eager to buy, but it will be pretty hard to sell those hours to CA residents when the sales are occurring in CA.

Remeber you pay for all the "extras" so the question is are extra hours worth extra costs.

vascubaguy said:
I still think a great solution would be ressies on the web!!!
And I think that will come sooner than late hours for MS.

iankh said:
Is it just me that's frustrated with the hours of MS availability? Aren't they just tad east coast centric?

It seems that everytime I have the time to call them, they're closed. I mean what's the deal with closing at 5:30 PM EST? There do happen to be other time zones in the country, or has something changed when I wasn't looking?

I don't have an issue with MS themselves. When I am able to call them they have always provided terrific service.
Personally I wish they opened at 6 am and closed at 2:30 pm local time. It would be a lot easier for me than it is now since I leave far earlier than they open and generally get home well after they close. At least I could call early and reach them. At least they don't close for lunch anymore, then I'd never be able to call.

Dean said:
Personally I wish they opened at 6 am and closed at 2:30 pm local time. It would be a lot easier for me than it is now since I leave far earlier than they open and generally get home well after they close. At least I could call early and reach them. At least they don't close for lunch anymore, then I'd never be able to call.
Oh c'mon, Dean. Just do what all the other doctors do...

When I'm sitting on the white tissue paper half naked, reading the P-Touch labels on the drawers, the doctor is really in his office making DVC reservations! :teeth:

MG

Pluto said:
,,, florida has the most members, new york has the second most, and new jersey has the third most...

Now that suprises me. I never would have figured Florida to have the most members -- the northeast or midwest sure, but Florida? I wonder if they are clustered at the far south or in the panhandle.

vascubaguy said:
I still think a great solution would be ressies on the web!!!
Now that would be very nice!!!! Then DVC might be able to spread the existing call center resources over more hours without degrading their work experience or guest service.

Dean said:

I'd even vote for that. At least I could call before I leave for work.

As it stand now, they open when I'm and close when I'm at work. I think what got me going was last week, when I was thinking on Thursday, "I've got to call when I get home, this is their late night" only to realize when I did that they closed at 6:30 PM EST which if course was 5:30 cental.

Now calling at 6:00 AM would be great.

Another thing they could do is simply shift and open later at least 1 day a week so that their hours shift into evening hours in the other zones. That would not add more hours, but at least provde a fair shot one day a week.

Since DVC is over in California now, perhaps it is in the plans to open up a MS office there to handle calls from the western time zones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter