What's up for Father's Day!?

This is my first Father's Day without my dad. My DH is the best dad ever though so I'm determined to not sit around sad. I'm going to take him for a ridiculous Bloody Mary after church- the kind that has picks in it with bacon, sliders, boiled eggs, etc...

DD will be here by early afternoon so then she, DS, and I will fix a fajita/margarita dinner and give DH his gifts.

I'm sorry sk!mom. I think that each year gets a little lighter to bear.

*hugs... Mine too. I'm trying not to think about that part of it and just keep busy. I might need to go to Yoga 2X tomorrow though. :laughing:

I was thinking about you and send you a hug!

I am cooking my DH a steak dinner tonight, and tomorrow the family is coming over for a cookout. He will liek dinner this evening, but tomorrow he wil be really happy. Burgers and dogs, and fixings to go with. He loves that!

I am cooking my DH a steak dinner tonight, and tomorrow the family is coming over for a cookout. He will liek dinner this evening, but tomorrow he wil be really happy. Burgers and dogs, and fixings to go with. He loves that!
Thank you :)
Have a wonderful day with your hubby!

Nothing big. DH will want to go out and spend his gift cards, and he requested chicken curry for dinner. That's about it.

Blessings on your day!

I celebrated Father's Day with my dad today since my sister was in town visiting and had to fly back today. My kids have bought gifts for my dh. DS6 drew a picture of him, his dad and his brother that I had placed on a phone case. My older son picked out an ice cream maker for his dad.

Tomorrow morning the kids and will go and get donuts and sausage rolls for their dad. My dh likes to cook so he's excited about making a meal with the boys. They're making lobster thermador, potatoes au gratin and asparagus.

This is also my first year without my dad. He passed last May, the day before my birthday after suffering a horrific fall down the basement stairs.

I would give anything to sit and listen to him telling me the same stories for the millionth time, and telling him not to get so worked up over politics.

Loved him my entire life with my whole heart and soul. I didn't expect this tsunami of pain though. It feels like everything just happened, and forever since I've talked to him.

Didn't mean to bring down the thread, but please, everyone, take the time to listen to another story, give another hug. You never know.......and no matter when, it's never enough time.

DH got his presents from the kids today, so he'd have time to play with it tomorrow. DD#2 got him a framed photo of him and GS#2, and some snacks; DS got him a 3D pen and extra filaments (thanks to me for the idea and buying it, lol).

Just grilling burgers tomorrow, and relaxing. And some playing with the pen, of course...

Breakfast in bed, church, Brazilian steakhouse, lay on couch in gut-busting bliss, ... I'm not sure of anything after that.

This is also my first year without my dad. He passed last May, the day before my birthday after suffering a horrific fall down the basement stairs.

I would give anything to sit and listen to him telling me the same stories for the millionth time, and telling him not to get so worked up over politics.

Loved him my entire life with my whole heart and soul. I didn't expect this tsunami of pain though. It feels like everything just happened, and forever since I've talked to him.

Didn't mean to bring down the thread, but please, everyone, take the time to listen to another story, give another hug. You never know.......and no matter when, it's never enough time.

I am so sorry for your loss

I am so sorry for your loss

Thank you sincerely. So many people say they never know what to say, but your words are perfect. Direct, no platitudes, just empathy, compassion and understanding. Thank you again.

I'm going to honor my dad by thinking of all the things he taught me; like skipping stones, fishing, how to drive a stick shift, a shared passion for reading and believe it or not, how to identify animals by their "droppings". :rotfl2:

I can hang sheetrock, change faucets, replace toilets and spark plugs and a tire.
And the baby tomboy shadow was also a girlie girl at times. Dad was of his generation that way, loved seeing a woman in a skirt/dress.:rotfl:

But, he also encouraged me to chase my own dreams, supporting me when I wavered, and never letting me quit. Led me to be the first one in the family to graduate from university, going on to a MBA.

The night before his last day, we sat for hours at the kitchen table, and he told me so many stories, family history.

Like, it was his Dad who looked out the window one afternoon at a group of girls chatting. He called my Dad over and said "See that pretty brunette, you'd better ask her out soon before you lose your chance."
My dad looked outside, saw my mom, and the next 60 years are now my family history.

And I'm passing on the history to my niece and nephew. My dad will never really be gone.:love2:

:hug: for all who have lost their fathers. Tomorrow DH will be at the new house working on the flooring. The older 2 will be with him playing with our painter's daughter. The youngest will be watching Doc McStuffins while I clean house. Dinner is BBQ chicken and green beans. The boys bought a Lego Star Wars set for my husband.

My sisters and I also found the level of pain and sadness surprising. Our dad was no longer a daily part of our lives but somehow knowing that you will never see them again is heartbreaking. I will definitely be a better friend in the days ahead when I have friends who suffer this loss.

May your day be filled with good memories!

Not much, we are all just hanging out today. My parents live 1800 miles from me so I won't be seeing my dad and my husband broke his ankle in 3 places last month and isn't up for doing much lately with the crutches.

My poor DH has been pretty sick from a cold. We are nursing him back to health as we are headed for Europe very soon!

I do have a very sweet story though! I was going through my dresser drawer the other day looking for a graduation card. Not sure about you ladies but I have a drawer with cards for every occasion just in case I need one in a pinch. I was rifling through the cards and could not believe what I found! My mom will have passed two years in November. She and dad were married 56 years. He is so lonely without her. Anyway the the last Father's Day she was living I took her out to buy him a card. She was in a wheel chair and the trip was almost more than she could handle. She asked me to keep the card for her so she could hide it from him. Father's Day that year was a tough day for us, mom was having a rough time that day and the occasion was put on the back burner. I forgot to give Dad the card and as you can guess I found it in my pile of cards addressed to him.:sad: So, I made a special trip over to him and delivered it. As you can imagine it was a very sweet moment, as my father closed his eyes and wept. After he went through the garment of emotions he did crack a joke... he said, well a year and a half it took to get to me; that seems about right coming from heaven.:littleangel: Awww dad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter