Whats up with Millennium Village in Epcot???

Bob O

<font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re
I hope i have the name right, but does anybody know what it is doing. A rumor i have heard is that the building is all locked up with the attractions still inside but not used any more. Is this true and if not does anybody know what is going there and when???
It would seem that if the building isnt used for something else that wdw could still utilize the atractions in thier if they wanted too.

The building is used by Epcot Events to host in park convention groups and other special events.

We were there in December and walked by and saw a sign that Marie Osmond was signing dolls, there was a doll and teddy bear show. We went in and were surprised that it is basically one huge room, all the exhibits and walls from the old Millenium Village are gone. There is still an entrance area, they had some Christmas decorations there. They had booths setup inside for the various collectors, but the room itself is very plain.

The name has been changed from Millinium Village to World ShowPlace. It is used for special events and conventions. The Disneyana Mystery Event (formerly known as the Disneyana Convention) will be held there from Aug 22 to Aug 25. There is a special event price for 8/22 & 8/23, but on 8/24 and 8/25 it will be opened to all epcot guests. You will be able to attend the Antiques & Collectibles show, look at Minnie's Attic and make purchases at the logo store. A few workshops & seminars will be available. This is a convention for disney enthusiasts who collect everything disney.

We were there in December and walked by and saw a sign that Marie Osmond was signing dolls, there was a doll and teddy bear show.

Hey Debbie, we were there the same exact day. We didn't even know the show was there. Just saw it passing by and stopped in for a look. My wife had me buy a Marie Osmond doll for our daughter, which she graciously signed for us. Marie is a very nice down to earth person. Anyway, long story short, we now have over seven Marie Osmond dolls, all of them Disney themed. My wife is hooked.

Anyway the pavillion was open-spaced, just as it was with the Millenium Pavillion. They had artificial snow falling inside and lots of nicely themed christmas decorations and Mickey & Minnie dressed as MR & Mrs Santa. Disney does a real nice job with these events, and the Pavillion seems to be a nice enough and spacious venue for them.

The World ShowPlace is also going to be used for the Great Pin Adventure II September 20-22nd.

Lisa:cool:

Thanks for the info and putting a rumor to rest.
Now if only they would put a attraction in the building!!

Sorry Bob, but I don't think they ever intend to put an attraction there. Its a pity, it would be such a great location for an attraction.

Couldnt agree more wdwhound. But wdw is more content not to expand the guests enjoyment by increasing our options by adding attractions.

If they do add an attraction, it won't be a B&M, so, sorry Bob ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter