When A Tourist Becomes A Local! A Full Year (2019) TR! *CANCELED!*

Awe, this post made my heart so happy. You see, I grew up in Central FL and we went to Bok Tower MANY times through the years. It was one of our favorite picnic spots. Here is a neat tidbit for you, the squirrels can be hand fed. Tap a morsel at the top of your leg, and one will scurry up your leg to grab it. Hold a snack in your flat palm, and they will grab from there, too. We always loved doing this as kids. It truly is a lovely place to get away from the normal hustle and bustle of life in a tourist destination.

Another place we loved, that is no longer in existence, was Cypress Gardens. That is the home of Legoland now.
I'm really happy this post brought back several memories for you. I really enjoyed Bok Tower a lot. That's really cool about the squirrels! I feel like I would be freaked out to try that though.

I love that picture of Walt Disney; definitely one of my very favorites! And Ariana & I really loved the extended trailer for Aladdin!! I can't believe I still haven't gone to see the darn movie yet, but seeing the preview got me super excited for it!

Ooh, that was lucky!! I love Prime Time. That is one of my must do's on every trip, so I was sad it didn't fit into my packed schedule on the trip in May! I can't wait to go back in December :)

That's so fun!!! :)

Have you ever seen the Tower of Terror movie (with Steve Gutenberg and Kirsten Dunst)? The luggage tags on these suitcases are from characters in the movie :)
- You should go see the movie!!! :D

- I really enjoy 50's Prime Time. I only like going if I am with someone though. It's not the greatest restaurant to go to by yourself lol.

- It really was a lot of fun!

- I saw the movie years ago, and I honestly don't remember any moment of that film.

Greetings from California!!! I shared with many of you that I would be making a short trip to California a week and a half ago. Well, that trip has now come! I have also decided to document it in live update form, as well as, doing official updates which will begin about a week after I return from this trip.

This morning I flew from Orlando International Airport to Los Angeles International Airport! I would have a pretty decent flight besides a specific “grown” kid that had no attention span what so ever sitting behind me. After a while, he didn’t bother me since I enjoyed watching a few of my favorite movies.

I would arrive in California during the early part of the afternoon. I had friends pick me up, had lunch at In-N-Out (yum!!!), and checked into my hotel for the weekend.

After a little break, I would walk over to Disneyland to buy my park tickets for the weekend. I would also walk through Downtown Disney. Can I just say how strange it is to be at one Disney Park on one coast on one day and then be at another Disney Park on a different coast the next day? It’s a strange but very cool feeling lol! Anyways, it feels great to be back at my “home” park, but I won’t be stepping foot into Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure until tomorrow.

I would then walk back to my hotel and relax before a fun evening that is ahead of me!

I’m about to head to Angels Stadium to see my favorite baseball team (Los Angeles Angels) play against the Seattle Mariners! GO ANGELS!!!

Stay tuned for more live updates coming tomorrow!

Last edited:
Today is the day!!! Today I get to go to my “home” park, and I also get to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge today!!! I am so excited!

Last night was a lot of fun going to the Angel game with another DISer (@dina444444). The Angels did lose though, but they can’t win every game.

I’m really excited to get back into Disneyland. I have a tentative plan today, but it is probably going to be “go with the flow.”

I’ll try my best to update all of you again this afternoon!

Looking forward to the updates from Disneyland! My youngest has been glued to YouTube the last few days, watching anything that comes out related to SWGE. He is definitely obsessed! We have trips to both Anaheim and Orlando in the works for November and December, but he's going to have a hard time waiting that long.

Looking forward to the updates from Disneyland! My youngest has been glued to YouTube the last few days, watching anything that comes out related to SWGE. He is definitely obsessed! We have trips to both Anaheim and Orlando in the works for November and December, but he's going to have a hard time waiting that long.
I knew I would have a hard time waiting until the end of August for Star Wars to open at Walt Disney World. So, that is how this trip came about.

I have been glued to vlogs as well, but there are a few things I’ve been able to keep a secret that I’m excited to see today.

(Update from yesterday!)

Sorry about not keeping all of you updated yesterday! I was super busy getting content for all of you and hanging with friends that I didn’t have any time at all to write an update! So, I will update all of you now. :)

Yesterday was one of my best days ever inside a Disney Theme Park!

I would start my day by rope dropping Disneyland Park. I would enter Disneyland about 30 minutes before the park opened. At that point, Mickey, Minnie, and Chip came out to start meeting with guests. So, I got pictures with them before the park even opened.

When the park opened, I continued my tradition of riding the Disneyland Railroad as my first ride. I would then adventure to other Disneyland attractions before meeting a friend (@dina444444). We would adventure to Launch Bay to get some much needed Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.

Up next, we would go to Disney California Adventure. One of the main reasons for going to DCA was to see the new Tales of the Lion King Stage-show! I thought this show was very well done for the location it is in.

We had lunch reservations at Lamplight Lounge, rode a couple attractions including getting to see the return of Soarin Over California!!! Before we got on Soarin, we would get together with another friend of ours (@Lesley Wake)!

We would then make our way to Disneyland!

It was then time! It was time to check-in for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! We would then get a picture with Darth Vader to signify the occasion.

It was then a waiting game. We would walk over to Hungry Bear to just wait it out before our reservation began at 5 p.m.

It was finally time! Time to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! I would make my way to the droid depot to build a droid. It would take me about an hour and 20 minutes to get through. Then we would adventure around the land, ride Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run 4 times, eat dinner, buy the coke detonator bottles, and buy a porg! We would cap off our night by seeing the fireworks over Batuu which is spectacular!

After a long but amazing evening in Batuu, it was time to leave. I would say farewell to my friends, and I would travel to the Rivers of America. That was because I was seeing the better version of Fantasmic on this trip! I love that show so much!

I would then spend the last hour the park was open to adventure on a few attractions before leaving Disneyland for the evening.

Overall, a wonderful day at Disneyland!!!

Stay tuned for more live updates coming later today!

(Update from yesterday!)

What a day I have had yesterday! I decided that my new Porg would go on the adventure with me today, and it was so much fun!

I will reveal the name of my Porg at a later time.

My day started by going to Disneyland Park. I would arrive about an hour after rope drop. At that time, I would adventure with my Porg on several different attractions.

My Porg has got so much attention yesterday!

We would then go over to Disney California Adventure. My Porg would get red carded while getting in line for Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! It was so funny!

We would then see the Frozen Musical and experience some attractions until my Porg decided to fly into Ghirardelli and start eating all of the chocolate! He was definitely full before I could catch up to him.

It was time to head back to Disneyland. My Porg and I would meet Donald Duck on his 85th Birthday at his boat! So much fun wishing happy birthday to my favorite duck! We would then ride a few rides and see Mickey’s Soundsational Parade before it was dinner time.

We had a Fantasmic Dining Package at Blue Bayou which was very good!

We would then go back over to Disney California Adventure where I would go back on a few attractions and see the Tale of the Lion King Show again. I really like that show!

Sadly, when we got back to Disneyland, fireworks were canceled due to high winds. So, I would adventure to 2 attractions before getting a spot for Fantasmic!

I love this version of Fantasmic so much!!!

After the show, my Porg and I would go on 4 attractions. It’s amazing that he already knew the words to “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” on his first ride on Splash Mountain.

We would then end the night by taking the last train to Main Street.

It was then time to get some sleep! My Porg was definitely tired!

Stay tuned for more live updates!

Oh man, sounds like you have had quite the whirlwind weekend! Cannot wait to get the full report and see pictures. It has been so fun seeing all the SWGE peeks on social media!!!

Also, this was by far the worst ceremony I have ever seen.

I came very close to changing up my plans for this day so I could go to HS for the ceremony. After reading both your account and Lesley's I'm very glad I didn't.

Also, this happened!!! I got to be an extra!!!

That's so awesome. I'm not sure I could ever do it though, I'm way too much of an introvert and mostly pretty quiet. I did get pulled to be the Can Can dancer at HDDR but at least I had a few Sangrias that night to bolster my confidence.

I realize that I’m not the clientele that this show is appealing to, but as an adult, I still enjoyed the show. I thought it was cute.

This is exactly how I felt about the show.

We would go see the Beauty and the Beast Musical.

I really need to get back and see this show again, it's been about 5 years. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more often since Belle is one of my favorite princesses but I just haven't timed it right the last few years.

That is because I had a fastpass for the opening night performance of Rivers of Light: We Are One!

I really want to see the updated version but my Mom is coming with me in October and she hated it the first time we saw it. And after your description I don't think I have any chance of convincing her this version is better.

Bok Tower Gardens

I had never heard of this place until just recently. Your's is the second TR I've seen it in in the last month or so. When I finally move to FL in about 15 years, I definitely need to check it out!

I can't wait to read all about your Galaxy's Edge experience and hear more about your Porg's adventures! I have a bad feeling I'm gong to be dropping some serious money at the Creature place.

Another place we loved, that is no longer in existence, was Cypress Gardens. That is the home of Legoland now.

@oopsiDAISY - The Gardens are still there including the big Banyan tree. Jim and I explored them when we visited Legoland a few years ago. Of course you do have to buy admission to Legoland to see them.

@oopsiDAISY - The Gardens are still there including the big Banyan tree. Jim and I explored them when we visited Legoland a few years ago. Of course you do have to buy admission to Legoland to see them.
Yes, I have been told this. But, I miss the days of the Southern Bells in the big hoop dresses and lacy umbrellas sitting on the water's edge, the boat and ski shows...that sort of stuff.

Oh man, sounds like you have had quite the whirlwind weekend! Cannot wait to get the full report and see pictures. It has been so fun seeing all the SWGE peeks on social media!!!
This has been quite the trip and so much fun!!! I can’t wait to share more detail!!!

I came very close to changing up my plans for this day so I could go to HS for the ceremony. After reading both your account and Lesley's I'm very glad I didn't.

That's so awesome. I'm not sure I could ever do it though, I'm way too much of an introvert and mostly pretty quiet. I did get pulled to be the Can Can dancer at HDDR but at least I had a few Sangrias that night to bolster my confidence.

This is exactly how I felt about the show.

I really need to get back and see this show again, it's been about 5 years. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more often since Belle is one of my favorite princesses but I just haven't timed it right the last few years.

I really want to see the updated version but my Mom is coming with me in October and she hated it the first time we saw it. And after your description I don't think I have any chance of convincing her this version is better.

I had never heard of this place until just recently. Your's is the second TR I've seen it in in the last month or so. When I finally move to FL in about 15 years, I definitely need to check it out!

I can't wait to read all about your Galaxy's Edge experience and hear more about your Porg's adventures! I have a bad feeling I'm gong to be dropping some serious money at the Creature place.
- That ceremony wasn’t worth watching!

- I would see the new Rivers of Light if you want to. My opinion might not be your opinion. You and your Mom might actually like it.

- Bok Tower was very relaxing. I really wish that I could spend more time there. I really do plan on going back.

I'm so excited to hear more about Mr. Porg! He sounds like quite the character.
I can’t wait to share the adventures of the Porg lol. He has had so much attention and been on many adventures. Who knows...He might pop up at DHS soon. :)

(Update from yesterday!)

My Porg had such a great time on Sunday that he decided to join me for one final morning/afternoon at Disneyland!

Our day would start by rope dropping Disneyland and going on a Fantasyland adventure. My Porg definitely enjoyed checking out some of Disneyland’s classic attractions. We would then grab some lunch before heading to Disney California Adventure.

When we got to Disney California Adventure, I would do my best to hide my Porg from the collector, as well as, adventure to a few more attractions. Another thing we did was see what Disney character we were. I know what you are thinking...My Porg did the test to see what Disney character he is? Yep! You will have to wait and see what shocking result he had. :D

We would have enough time to catch the new show, Tale of the Lion King! I really do like that show a lot.

It was then time to say farewell to Disney California Adventure and head back to Disneyland!

We would ride a few rides, as well as, see Mickey’s Soundsational Parade and Mickey and the Magical Map.

To end my time at Disneyland, my Porg wanted to meet some Star Wars characters. So, we would meet Chewbacca and Darth Vader. I had to keep Chewbacca from eating my Porg and my Porg was to scared to get close to Darth Vader. Probably some of my favorite meet and greets ever!

I would then board the train at Tomorrowland and disembark at Main Street.

This is where we would say farewell to my favorite Disney Park. Disneyland is absolutely incredible, and this trip really made me think how much I miss my “home” park! This was a trip for the ages, and judging by how exhausted I was, that can be an understatement lol.

It was time for some friends of mine to pick me up and head to the airport.

Stay tuned for one small live update that will be posted later today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter