When are we supposed to get the 2021 point charts?

Has anyone done a points total check to see if they have added to the total like 2020?
Yes in this thread many of us checked most resorts (WDW and non-WDW) and they didn’t seem to have increased points at any resort via the lockoff premium (though legally they can for resorts without dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms) nor did they reallocate points across room types like the original 2020 charts (which involved moving points from 2 bedrooms mostly into 1 beds and studios which led to the lockoff premium increasing). This move seems seasonal, which I personally maintain was needed and valid. Many of us that called DVC last year (nicknamed the notorious 24 by @zavandor), myself included, are happy they made changes to benefit the membership. Of course many, myself included, are skeptical of DVCMC and plan on waiting to see what happens in 2022.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2021-point-reallocation.3781840/

Yes in this thread many of us checked most resorts (WDW and non-WDW) and they didn’t seem to have increased points at any resort via the lockoff premium (though legally they can for resorts without dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms) nor did they reallocate points across room types like the original 2020 charts (which involved moving points from 2 bedrooms mostly into 1 beds and studios which led to the lockoff premium increasing). This move seems seasonal, which I personally maintain was needed and valid. Many of us that called DVC last year (nicknamed the notorious 24 by @zavandor), myself included, are happy they made changes to benefit the membership. Of course many, myself included, are skeptical of DVCMC and plan on waiting to see what happens in 2022.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2021-point-reallocation.3781840/
Thank you

Thanks Sandisw, we usually travel in Jan which I'm guessing by the way the points are listed is supposed to be the 2nd most reasonable time to travel. Based on that I don't think (unless I'm willing to stay in a BW/GV studio for two weeks or go Sept 1-19, which I'm not) that it isn't going to workout for me... I say thanks a lot to all those people who where hoping and praying for a redistribution of points, hope it works out for you because it doesn't appear to be working out for me.

Based on the new pts for my 2 week trip in Jan it's going to cost me an additional 4 pts to stay in SVS, the pts remain the same for a BW/GVS. If I get a SV1BR its going to cost me and additional 24 pts or I can get a BW/GV1BR for an additional 22 pts. I don't plan on spending 2 weeks in a studio so I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it unless there is someway to have this new distribution of points overturned. I don't expect that to be an option.

Merry Christmas to us all from WDW. :(

I was happy to see some of the summer changes. A week in a studio at RIV for me went down 14 points. But now that I am retired and will be gong 7 to 8 times a year, I’ll be hit with some trips which will be more, though I will be shifting my end of August trip to 2nd week in September.

Merry Xmas to all!

At the condo meeting yesterday Terri apologized for the way the 2020 points were initially given to members. She did not apologize for the charts. This year we were presented with graphs showing seasons with usage/demand, and this was explained as the reason for the new idea of seasons. I should have taken a picture of the graphs, maybe someone did, if so can someone post them. There was something confusing to me.

It seems that my point totals will go up in 2021 for my most usual vacations.
They did announce next years meeting.

40FDEA1E-D94F-4103-AA08-45EDDE017511.jpeg

At the condo meeting yesterday Terri apologized for the way the 2020 points were initially given to members. She did not apologize for the charts. This year we were presented with graphs showing seasons with usage/demand, and this was explained as the reason for the new idea of seasons. I should have taken a picture of the graphs, maybe someone did, if so can someone post them. There was something confusing to me.

DVCNews live tweeted and have pics of the charts:

Historical demand

Current demand:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter