When are you Going? Post Your Dates and Find A Match!!! Things to do! Peeps to Meet!

Ohhh am so jealous.. your going back home.... did I mention that I love love love SSR ??? Ok we are booked on Sept 29th to Oct 5th with the family at OKW.. but after being SSr... and no I have never been to OKW.. I am having second thoughts... I know I read so much good stufff about OKW but I really experienced Love at 1st sight with SSR... its rocking chairs.. its quiet pool.. its laundry room ... uh huh you read it right .. since I stayed ina studio I used the laundry room... its BBQ pavillion... On the rocks Poolside bar... the theater... the activities they have everyday, my god you dont even have to leave the resort... and if you have time do the Bingo social :woohoo: and the Spa.. dont get me started with the spa :faint: Ok I better stop here.. I am missing home so much now...:sad1:

Thanks for adding me to the list!! That is a solo trip I do every year. :) Helps me maintain my sanity!! :laughing:

The family trip is in just 3 weeks to SSR - we bought DVC last May and this will be our first trip home!! I know we're going to love SSR!! :love: Thanks for all the tips - we'll check them out! :thumbsup2

I've heard lots of good things about OKW - and actually, we have a Mom/Daughter trip booked there in late July/early August :yay: I figure we've got to try them all at least once!! ;)

After a couple of "revisions" it looks like it will be just me spending some solo time at the world, nobody to go with me.

I'm booked at All Star Sports but may change to Pop for August 26 - Sept 4

I made ADR's, but they were all for family, not solo, so now I have to revamp all of my plans! I would love to meet up with any fellow DISers while there, so if you think you may want to hang out, send a PM my way.

I'm going to WDW solo August 8 - 15, staying at the Dolphin on a teacher's discount. I prefer to eat 4-5 small meals a day, so I opted to not make any ADR's at table service restaurants. Instead, I'm going to try eating counter service all week long. Food's not all that important to me, and since I'm not on the DDP, I'd rather spend the money on other stuff like:

Thurs, Aug 9. Pleasure Island in the evening. Mannequins in particular, but club hopping if the mood strikes.

Friday, Aug. 10. La Nouba, 6 pm.

Mon, Aug. 13. Around the World on a Segway at 9:30 am.

I'd love to meet up with anyone who's going to be there at the same time, even if it's just for a cup of coffee and good conversation.

Take care,
Dave

Hi Colette,

Thanks for the reply! It will be great if we can get together for one or more meals, and for going on some rides together at the parks. I'm staying at POR, so we'll be in the same general area!

Because I'm not into seafood, I would rather meet you at some other restaurant than the seafood buffet. I am planning to have one of my meals at Flying Fish Cafe, because they have some non-seafood items that interest me. If we would go there together, you could have seafood, and I could have something else. :) What do you think?

Wow, your birthday is December 13! It would be great to celebrate your birthday with you at dinner that evening! I've put it on my calendar :) I think it's much more fun to celebrate a birthday with people than alone, so let's plan to meet that evening.

I'll also send you an email when I get the chance.

Daisy

Hi Daisy,
I haven't decided on all my dinners yet, but a few of us are going to meet one night at The Cape May Cafe for the seafood buffet, if you would like to join us. We haven't decided on the night, yet. You can e-mail me at colette47@hotmail.com and we'll keep in touch. I'm staying at the POFQ and would love to join up for rides etc. I'm really looking forward to this first solo trip-celebrating my Birthday on the 13th, so hoping that's the night we can all get together..... Colette

Hi Glendamax,

Tues.-Sat the 2nd week in Dec. would be Dec. 11-15. Sure, if you are there that week you are very welcome to get together with me for a meal :) It would be great to meet you. Keep us posted on whether you decide to go that week.

Daisy

Hey can I join in? I MAY go back in December to see the Christamas decorations Dec. 12th-16th (I may have the dates wrong. Whatever that Tues.-Sat is the 2nd week in Dec.) So if I can go, I'll let you know so maybe I can meet you all for a meal too!:goodvibes

I'll be there October 13th to 20th.

Mostly solo, my mother will be there with me the first weekend and my father will be there the second weekend.

No reservations yet (can't make them until I get back into the US on the 10th since it was way too expensive to call from Africa)

Hi Glendamax,
Sounds like you'll be there the same time as Daisy and me. I'm staying at the POFQ and would love to meet for dinner. I love Le Cellier for a special meal, so that may be my birthday choice. I've never been to the California Grill, at the Contemporary Hotel and would love to try that, also. Feel free to e-mail me at colette47@hotmail.com when you have your dates. Colette

Hi Daisy,
I'd love to share my birthday dinner with you and whoever else wants to join us. I don't especially look for seafood, growing up in new England, I've had wonderful seafood all my life, so I'm fussy and tend to go for a good Filet Mignon when on vacation. I love Le Cellier for that. I heard that the Cape May Buffet had good ribs and other non seafood items, also. I'm game to try some new places and have never been to the Flying Fish, so that sounds fun. I think a night at the Boardwalk is nice and go to some of the clubs.
Colette

Hi Colette,

This will be wonderful, to have your birthday dinner at WDW with a group of Disney fans! Le Cellier on your birthday would be fantastic! Are you going to make your dining reservations in June? It's probably a good idea, to make sure you get your first choices. I plan to make my dining reservations in June also. If we figure out by then any meals we would like to have together, then please let me know if you are including me in an ADR, and I'll do the same.

So maybe, Le Cellier for dinner on your birthday, and Flying Fish for dinner on another night? Perhaps Flying Fish could be on December 11? Yes, it would be great to go to clubs at the Boardwalk after the Flying Fish dinner. This will also be my first time at Flying Fish, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Do you have any other special activities planned for your visit at WDW? I'm thinking about doing an Illuminations cruise one night, if I can find a bunch of people who would like to go sometime while I'm there (December 4-15). If anyone reading this is interested in that idea, please let me know!

Daisy

Hi Daisy,
I'd love to share my birthday dinner with you and whoever else wants to join us. I don't especially look for seafood, growing up in new England, I've had wonderful seafood all my life, so I'm fussy and tend to go for a good Filet Mignon when on vacation. I love Le Cellier for that. I heard that the Cape May Buffet had good ribs and other non seafood items, also. I'm game to try some new places and have never been to the Flying Fish, so that sounds fun. I think a night at the Boardwalk is nice and go to some of the clubs.
Colette

Antss2001, thank you for starting this thread! I just found it recently, and already I have the chance to meet up with Colette, and hopefully also with Glendamax if she goes during the second week of December. Maybe during the next few months we'll find even more people who will be there during that time. Great idea!

Daisy,
I have also met Marsha from Orlando(Brady961-on this thread) and Rich from Conn,also on this thread. Marsha,Rich and I are supposed to go to The Cape May Buffet, one night-haven't decide which night, yet, but i will make reservations in June, so we'll have to decide which nights for which restaurants before then. Did you book dining plan? Flying Fish is a 2 service meal credit restaurant, Le Cellier only 1. I booked an Illuminations cruise one year, but it was so cold that night, we didn't go. December is so "iffy"-temps can be warm or cold. Last trip we did the Rose and Crown and got outside seating with the best view of illuminations ever and a great waitress. The candlelight processional is so nice also, but i wouldn't bother booking dinner and priority seating because it's nice from wherever you sit. Love the Osborne Family Lights and all of the parades at Christmas, plus have to hit the hotels that have gingerbread displays-so much to do......can't wait,

Colette

I will have a solo day May 12. Will eat at Jikos at 630 and plan on walking around the Epcot world showcase. Anyone going to be there this week?

After a couple of "revisions" it looks like it will be just me spending some solo time at the world, nobody to go with me.

I'm booked at All Star Sports but may change to Pop for August 26 - Sept 4

I made ADR's, but they were all for family, not solo, so now I have to revamp all of my plans! I would love to meet up with any fellow DISers while there, so if you think you may want to hang out, send a PM my way.

I'm going to WDW solo August 8 - 15, staying at the Dolphin on a teacher's discount. I prefer to eat 4-5 small meals a day, so I opted to not make any ADR's at table service restaurants. Instead, I'm going to try eating counter service all week long. Food's not all that important to me, and since I'm not on the DDP, I'd rather spend the money on other stuff like:

Thurs, Aug 9. Pleasure Island in the evening. Mannequins in particular, but club hopping if the mood strikes.

Friday, Aug. 10. La Nouba, 6 pm.

Mon, Aug. 13. Around the World on a Segway at 9:30 am.

I'd love to meet up with anyone who's going to be there at the same time, even if it's just for a cup of coffee and good conversation.

Take care,
Dave

I'll be there October 13th to 20th.

Mostly solo, my mother will be there with me the first weekend and my father will be there the second weekend.

No reservations yet (can't make them until I get back into the US on the 10th since it was way too expensive to call from Africa)

Antss2001, thank you for starting this thread! I just found it recently, and already I have the chance to meet up with Colette, and hopefully also with Glendamax if she goes during the second week of December. Maybe during the next few months we'll find even more people who will be there during that time. Great idea!

:blush: ... I will try to keep on updating it and hopefully more of diser like us can find it helpful and useful... in adding more magic to our trips!!

I will have a solo day May 12. Will eat at Jikos at 630 and plan on walking around the Epcot world showcase. Anyone going to be there this week?

Ok dates and links have been updated!!!

Hi Colette,

I didn't book the dining plan. I usually have table service or buffet for most meals there, so I didn't want to buy the plan that includes a counter service meal every day. (I do have counter service there occasionally, but not every day). It would be fun to have dinner at Rose and Crown one night and watch Illuminations from there. I've eaten lunch there a few times, but haven't been there during Illuminations.

I also like the Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional, parades, and gingerbread displays. Some of my other favorite activities are Campfire Singalong, Comedy Warehouse, Jellyrolls/Boardwalk, and riding passenger boats.

Let me know what you decide about Flying Fish. If you're not interested in that one, I'll look for other people for it, and you and I can get together elsewhere -- Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, etc. We seem to have many common interests.

During my visit there last year around the same time, there was only one really cold day, and all the other days, the weather was mild. But I know you can't predict the weather that far ahead.

Last year the Beach Club had my favorite Christmas displays in the lobby, out of all the resorts that I had a chance to look at.

:) Daisy

Daisy,
I have also met Marsha from Orlando(Brady961-on this thread) and Rich from Conn,also on this thread. Marsha,Rich and I are supposed to go to The Cape May Buffet, one night-haven't decide which night, yet, but i will make reservations in June, so we'll have to decide which nights for which restaurants before then. Did you book dining plan? Flying Fish is a 2 service meal credit restaurant, Le Cellier only 1. I booked an Illuminations cruise one year, but it was so cold that night, we didn't go. December is so "iffy"-temps can be warm or cold. Last trip we did the Rose and Crown and got outside seating with the best view of illuminations ever and a great waitress. The candlelight processional is so nice also, but i wouldn't bother booking dinner and priority seating because it's nice from wherever you sit. Love the Osborne Family Lights and all of the parades at Christmas, plus have to hit the hotels that have gingerbread displays-so much to do......can't wait,

Colette

Hi Glendamax,

Tues.-Sat the 2nd week in Dec. would be Dec. 11-15. Sure, if you are there that week you are very welcome to get together with me for a meal :) It would be great to meet you. Keep us posted on whether you decide to go that week.
Daisy
Hi Glendamax,
Sounds like you'll be there the same time as Daisy and me. I'm staying at the POFQ and would love to meet for dinner. I love Le Cellier for a special meal, so that may be my birthday choice. I've never been to the California Grill, at the Contemporary Hotel and would love to try that, also. Feel free to e-mail me at colette47@hotmail.com when you have your dates. Colette

Thanks Ladies! I'll know for sure next month! I would love to go to Le Cellier! So please count me in for that one if I can go!

Daisy,
The Beach Club has the Gingerbread Carousel, right? My favorite, also. I have to ride the Carousel while I'm there-something about it-always been a favorite.
I think that the Flying Fish would be nice to try and then go to Jellyrolls-what do you think?
We do seem to like the same things-I don't do rollercoaster types of rides, but Soarin' was my favorite new ride, last trip. I have always wanted to parasail, but have had to work up the courage and I try to do one new thing each trip, so I think this may be in order for my birthday, weather permitting.
I stayed at POR last trip, but found it so spread out and a long walk to get to the main building,we were in Alligator Bayou, so decided to try POFQ this time.

Glendamax,
Let us know and we'll count you in for Le Cellier.....
Colette

Hi Colette,

Yes, the Beach Club has the Gingerbread Carousel, and a miniature alpine village with a moving ski lift. I was there with a walking tour during MouseFest last year, and we were in a hurry to get to other resort lobbies, and I didn't even know you could ride that carousel.

Yes, let's have an evening with dinner at the Flying Fish, and then Jellyrolls afterwards. Would December 10 or 11 be good for that? Would anyone else like to join us for that one? It would be nice to have a small group.

And your birthday dinner with a group on December 13 at Le Cellier will be great!

We still could try to find an evening for Rose and Crown, if you would like to do that and watch Illuminations from there.

Maybe we can also fit in some time in the parks going on some of the rides that you like.

I like to do lots of walking at WDW.

Daisy

Daisy,
The Beach Club has the Gingerbread Carousel, right? My favorite, also. I have to ride the Carousel while I'm there-something about it-always been a favorite.
I think that the Flying Fish would be nice to try and then go to Jellyrolls-what do you think?
We do seem to like the same things-I don't do rollercoaster types of rides, but Soarin' was my favorite new ride, last trip. I have always wanted to parasail, but have had to work up the courage and I try to do one new thing each trip, so I think this may be in order for my birthday, weather permitting.
I stayed at POR last trip, but found it so spread out and a long walk to get to the main building,we were in Alligator Bayou, so decided to try POFQ this time. Colette

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter