When Did I get Voted Off of Skinny Island #2: Castaway's Land Ho!!!!

Ok, I just copied and posted my post from the other chapter...

Ok, confession time, I have fallen off the band wagon and HARD, too...

We have less than 4 weeks until we leave for Vegas and I'm really disappointed in myself. I am nowhere close to where I KNOW I could be. I am getting back on the band wagon with exercise and diet NOW. There is a good chance I could lose 10 pounds before we go and that wuold make me happy.

With the puppies its like having 2 newborns. Its easier to just eat crappy and deal than it is to eat healthy and run and work out. we have another 5k that we are doing as a group thru work coming up Sept 26 and I NEED to get moving. I am bound and determined to be able to run it in less than 30 minutes.

Time to go, Harley just peed on the floor

Breakfast: None
Lunch: McDonalds Grilled Chx Sand and Small Fries
Dinner: Chicken and Rice, 2 corn tortillas

Total: 1265

Back to walking tomorrow!

Thanks Tebi/Allison for sending me your intro! It is up on our roll call section! As I get others I will post them in alphabetical order by first initial of screen name.

Friday, August 6, 2010
Breakfast: Special K (320)/Frapp (200)
Lunch: Pizza : (630)
Dinner: Times Burger/Fries: 400

Totals: 1550

August 6 DONE!
Veggies DONE!

Back to summer reading I go...2 more days left of summer....

"Unless you faint, puke, or die, KEEP WALKING!" - Jillian Michaels

Good morning, all!

Julie & Cary- Welcome back! Julie- hope you have a great time at the family reunion today!

Allison- You can do it! It is easier to eat crappy- maybe you could keep some healthy prepared stuff in your fridge, ie..cook a bunch of chix breasts at once, chop up some veggies/fruits, etc. That way you could still grab something quickly. :goodvibes

Good day so far, got my 4 miles in and shaved my time to a 14 min mile pace. I've decided to focus on my walking and not running for the time being. I enjoy my walks and want to keep it something I enjoy and not something I dread. Talked to Piper and she's having a good time at her Dad's. On a side note, I noticed today that one of my moles is looking funny, going to call my Dr's office on Monday and see about getting it checked out just to be safe. I lifeguarded outdoors for about 4 yrs when I was younger, and got sunburnt more than once, so I'm a bit paranoid.

Tracking-
Breakfast- Yogurt, english muffin w/ RF peanut butter.
Lunch- Healthy Choice Beef Merlot.
Dinner- Steamed chicken w/ veggies from the local chinese joint.
Snacks- Scone, biscoff cookies (yummmm!), RF ice cream.
Cals- 1536- (1440-1790)

Aug 6th- Done!

Typing on my iPod so excuse any typos

food tracking for 8/06
breakfast raisin bran w Lf milk
lunch 1/2 french dip & 1 cup mint ice cream w choc sAuce
snack handfull of M&Ms
dinner 2 pieces garlic bread baked rigatoni & green beans
dessert 1/3 brownie sundae w gelato

Not good but I did write it all down.

Didn't sleep well again last night but got up this am and went to the hotel gym and walked 2 miles. Better than nothing.

So today was my daughter’s 1st birthday!:bday: I knew way ahead of time that I would be “celebrating” (eating a lot!) I woke up early to start cleaning and the plan was to hit the gym for an hour, but I never made it. At 7am on my way to the store for things I forgot, I made breakfast (stopped at McDonland’s) then on my second trip to the store for more things I forgot, I had a bag of Cheetoes. At the party I had a big plate of my mom’s scalloped potatoes and of course I enjoyed a piece of cake the size of a small animal. :cake: After everyone left and I had cleaned up I sat down with my second plate of potatoes and then my second piece of cake. She is in bed now and the rest of the family is getting ready to watch a movie. I guess I will send this day out in flames and pop some popcorn popcorn:: ….don’t forget I am doing a very low carb diet.

Good part about me is that I can pick up the pieces and start all over again tomorrow!:thumbsup2

Wow! This has been a rough week for the diet for me. The family reunion was okay, but there was a lot of eating going on. I THINK I got everything tracked properly...it was a pool party and I didn't take very good notes and I am now dangerously close to my point allotment limit. I REALLY can't go over my daily points tomorrow or I'll be down and out for the week.

I sure hope the scale is kind to me on Monday!!

So in the business my hubby is in, we eat A LOT of wedding food. Tonight was no exception. Today's tracking

Breakfast: Cereal w/milk
Lunch: Chicken and Rice
Snack: Plain Bojangles Biscuit
Dinner: Chicken Marsala, Broccolini, Roasted Potato, Dinner Roll
Desert: Small piece of wedding cake

Not sure of the calories, but I really don't think it was as bad as it could've been.

Exercise: walk 3.4 miles

I started a WISH journal (link in the siggy), but I saw this thread and thought it might be fun to join a group. What's the best way to get started here? :goodvibes

So....tomorrow begins the first school night for me. And Summer Reading: Still Not Done

My life gets a whole lot busier from this point on...anyway.. Somebody Kick Me please, because I fell off the raft today, and am rapidly sinking in the ocean.. I need motivation. (One of my friends told me she would throw a party for me when I hit my goal weight, but I need a little more motivation...anybody got a good quote, or a good slap in the face?)

Anyway Food Journal:

Saturday, August 7, 2010
Breakfast: Special K (320)
Lunch: Heavenly Ham Wrap (345)
Snack: McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich, NO MAYO! (370)
Dinner: Mexican: Chips & Guacamole (Good Fat), and Shrimp a la Mexicana w/ Rice (500)
Exercise: I need to get back to the gym…..Monday, I'll get back to the gym….
Totals: 1535 calories. -- and most of that's mexican or mcdonalds....i love the mexican not the mickey-ds though.

August 7 DONE! Veggies DONE! (Guacamole, and the Wrap)

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just SIT THERE!" - Will Rogers...

Today, I just felt like sitting.

I started a WISH journal (link in the siggy), but I saw this thread and thought it might be fun to join a group. What's the best way to get started here? :goodvibes

WELCOME!

We all have filled out this form to help us get to know each other

First Name and Screen name:
What your Goal Is for Fitness:
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:
Favorite Good Food for You:
Favorite Form of Exercise:
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:
Family:

and right now, some of us are tracking what we eat throughout the day..and then we post it on here. With a big Green label under it with the date and then "DONE!"

Also, some of us are also posting whether or not we got at least 2 cups of veggies that day (indicated by "VEGGIES DONE!" after the date).

Hope this helps! And once again, welcome!

- Patrick/pwmitch237

Here's a link to the first chapter if anybody else wants it.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2390019

So....tomorrow begins the first school night for me. And Summer Reading: Still Not Done

My life gets a whole lot busier from this point on...anyway.. Somebody Kick Me please, because I fell off the raft today, and am rapidly sinking in the ocean.. I need motivation. (One of my friends told me she would throw a party for me when I hit my goal weight, but I need a little more motivation...anybody got a good quote, or a good slap in the face?)

Anyway Food Journal:

Saturday, August 7, 2010
Breakfast: Special K (320)
Lunch: Heavenly Ham Wrap (345)
Snack: McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich, NO MAYO! (370)
Dinner: Mexican: Chips & Guacamole (Good Fat), and Shrimp a la Mexicana w/ Rice (500)
Exercise: I need to get back to the gym…..Monday, I'll get back to the gym….
Totals: 1535 calories. -- and most of that's mexican or mcdonalds....i love the mexican not the mickey-ds though.

August 7 DONE! Veggies DONE! (Guacamole, and the Wrap)

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just SIT THERE!" - Will Rogers...

Today, I just felt like sitting.

I totally understand. School starts in a week and a half and I don't even know where the reading lists are!

WOW!!! If your 1535 is falling off the raft then I can't even see the raft from where I am!! :lmao: You're doing great, every once in a while you need a day to just "sit" and be ok with it! Don't sweat the small stuff, take a REALLY hot shower (or go sit in a hot tub if you have one available), and relax for a day. You'll save up enough energy to swim back to your raft!:thumbsup2

Morning all!

Patrick- Here's the thing. I walked over 20 miles this week and it's all your fault. Okay..maybe not ALLLL your fault, but you definitely contributed. When I started all I was doing was logging my food. And every day I'd check in here and see how much exercise you had done, and my jaw would drop. After about three weeks of that, and seeing how much you were losing, I decided I needed to get off my a** and start exercising. So you can't stop now..'cause if you do, I'll totally fall off the wagon and gain 100 lbs. :rolleyes1 That being said, I know you don't want to have to do all this more than once. I know you have a lot going on right now..get through it, find your new routine, and start kicking butt again!

Emily- I would think so many weddings is probably many loser's nightmares! Good for you for working through them with minimal damage!

Sara- Glad you had a great day for your daughter's birthday! As easy as it is to say "tomorrow is a new day", I still have problems convincing myself sometimes. It's great that you've embraced it, and I can't wait until it's easier for me to do that.

Julie- It's a new week starting tomorrow! :goodvibes Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the scale!

joyful- Welcome!! Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Not a whole lot going on here, I packed up some work and went to my Mom's to hang out yesterday and watch her cable, LOL! No cable where I am, too far out, and dish is waaay too expensive. I did finally adjust my exercise on Spark again to reflect the cals I'm burning, hopefully the weight will continue to drop like it has the past couple weeks.

Tracking for yesterday-
Breakfast- FF yogurt, baked cheetos, roast beef on sammie thin.
Lunch- Leftover chinese steamed chicken & veggies.
Dinner- Steak, corn, salad w/ FF 1000 Island.
Snacks- Pineapple, grapes, rice krispies w/ skim, york pp mini.

Cals- 1526 (1500-1850)

Aug 7th- Done!

First Name and Screen name:Sunny SunnyB1066

What your Goal Is for Fitness:Just realized I am 116 days to my Disney Trip and would love to be a little lighter when I go.

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:Cake, cookies, candy, just about anything sweet.

Favorite Good Food for You:Veggie Fajitas

Favorite Form of Exercise: Walking. I would really love to be able to run, but I've got lose some weight and increase my endurance before that happens.

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:I don't know, be able to run a 5K or 1/2?

Family:DH Thomas. DD Jen 24. DS Drew 20.

I joined this thread last winter, and I fell off rather quickly. I've GOT to get back on track and quite losing and gaining the same 20, and I need some help.

I've been fighting a losing battle with my weight for the last 15 years and would like to get back in control. This is my first visit to the WISH part of the boards and you all have inspired me. Hope you don't mind if I join you all.

First Name and Screen name: Susan (indimom)
What your Goal Is for Fitness: I'd like to be a healthy weight and more physically fit. To lose 50 pounds and figure out how to keep it off would be like a dream. I also would like to set a better example for my children. I'm also concerned for my health. I come with a family history of high blood pressure and diabetes and I know my eating habits are fueling the fire.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Carbs are definitely my issue. When I start, I can't stop.
Favorite Good Food for You: I actually like most veggies: asparagus, brussel sprouts, green beans, salad. I just never seem to reach for them first??
Favorite Form of Exercise: I enjoy biking and walking. I prefer to be outdoors and seeing the world. I'm not a fan of treadmills and gyms.
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: Just to stay there. To be able to maintain the weight I lose. I've lost the same 30 pounds over and over again. I always seem to fall off the wagon at some point and I want the yo-yo dieting to stop.
Family: Matt, my hubby of 15 years. Daughter Emily (13 now) and son Garren (10).

First Name and Screen name: Dana (joyfulDisneytears)
What your Goal Is for Fitness: I would like to lose 85 more pounds, but would be ecstatic if I could just get under 200.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: DAIRY...cheese and ice cream
Favorite Good Food for You: fresh fruit
Favorite Form of Exercise: walking (I can jog a bit, but I can't say I enjoy it! :laughing:)
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: participate in a race at a Disney Park, and revisit WDW to retake all those pictures I took with the skinny princesses that made me look positively gigantic :scared1:
Family: No hubby or kids yet. I've got my DBF (Jared). Hmm...I'm an only child still living with my parents (Dad-63, Mom-57). I take care of my ailing grandma (94) around 50 hours a week. I have a Himalayan kitty named Smokey. :cat:

Here's a pic of DBF & me on our October 2008 WDW visit...I'm probably 10-15 lbs heavier right now than I am in the pic.

image028-1.jpg

Hi Susan!:wave:

Hi Dana!:wave:

Looks like we're all getting started together. What plan are y'all following? I'm going to try to do Weight Watchers without going to meetings. I've joined 3 times in the last 2 years. The first time I lost 25#'s and then gained 15#'s back.
I'm still 15 down from the first time I started. Got to go and plan my meals for the week. Maybe if I have things planned, I can stay on track.

Looks like we're all getting started together. What plan are y'all following? I'm going to try to do Weight Watchers without going to meetings. I've joined 3 times in the last 2 years. The first time I lost 25#'s and then gained 15#'s back.
I'm still 15 down from the first time I started. Got to go and plan my meals for the week. Maybe if I have things planned, I can stay on track.

Hi Sunny! :wave2:

I'm not following a set diet plan...I've set a daily maximum intake for myself of 1500 cal/day.
I just went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a lot of healthy snacks and some veggieburgers, WW ice cream bars, and low-calorie frozen meals. I feel like I'm hardly ever home so the frozen meals work well for me (or rather they have in the past).

I've *always* been overweight, but it's ballooned in the past few years. I lost almost 40 lbs last year and then proceeded to put it all back on and then some. :headache: So basically, I'm aware it can be done since I've done it before, I just have a really big problem maintaining. A big event will come up and throw me off for a day or a week and then I just cave and give up. Bad attitude. Gotta get myself in gear again!

We can do it! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter