When do Christmas Decorations come down on DCL?

And while I know some retailers and a handful of churches have redefined it to be Dec. 13-25, it traditionally runs Dec. 25 through Jan. 5, or about when Epiphany occurs. (Epiphany usually is observed on a Sunday, so some years, it's more than 12 days...but I digress.)

Epiphany is January 6. Period.

It is a moveable feast, so it can be celebrated the Sunday after January 6 in church. But Epiphany is January 6.

I think that is part of the equation as to when decorations come down. From what I understood they all come from the DIS holiday warehouses, so depending on when they are scheduled to get delivered to or picked up from the port makes the determination.
^^that makes the most sense, b/c there is no rhyme or reason otherwise. We were on the Wonder over NYE, departure date 12/30/16, and there was very little evidence of Christmas left. I would definitely not expect a cruise over NYE to have decorations up, and be pleasantly surprised if it did.

Boarded the Dream today at 11:45am. There were forklifts taken the decorations off. So during the turnover after the end of the cruise that was over Christmas

We got off the Wish today and I was too scattered to pay attention to the lobby but as of 11pm last night the tree and gingerbread tower were still in the main atrium. Also, Castaway Cay was decorated for Christmas on 12/28.

On 12/30 Castaway still had the decorations and the big tree up. On the Dream double dip and will be back tomorrow so will update

Boarded the Dream today at 11:45am. There were forklifts taken the decorations off. So during the turnover after the end of the cruise that was over Christmas
We did a NYE cruise on the Magic that ended on January 3rd and as we disembarked they were taking down the Christmas decorations.

Epiphany is January 6. Period.

It is a moveable feast, so it can be celebrated the Sunday after January 6 in church. But Epiphany is January 6.
I will tolerate Christmas decorations being up too early (November) if others will tolerate them staying up through the historic Christmas Season which ends on the Epiphany on January 6th (or Little Christmas in some cultures). However Orthodox Christmas isn't until January 7th.

I will tolerate Christmas decorations being up too early (November) if others will tolerate them staying up through the historic Christmas Season which ends on the Epiphany on January 6th (or Little Christmas in some cultures). However Orthodox Christmas isn't until January 7th.

I said nothing about "Orthodox Christmas".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter