When do the “15’s” start to diminish?

When we first heard and saw a group several years ago-we nicknamed them the flag folks.
There were attempts to cut in by a few-never happening in this lifetime..

We quite enjoyed their songs & fun times-from a distance though :rolleyes1

I saw groups of Brazilian young teens dressed in similar outfits and with matching orange backpacks during our visit last week. They were exceptionally well behaved and I would hope (and doubt) the American Pop Warner teens could learn some lessons from them.

Lots of groups here now but we have had zero issues in the parks (we are staying at YC so they aren't at our resort). The only thing that was slightly annoying was a large group of these young girls were sitting on the ground near the HBD bar which made walking that path difficult to navigate without squishing someone's fingers. We haven't been in July before but have been every January and the groups are so much better behaved than previously.

I have friends who go in July and from what they have told me in years past (the cutting/ disregarding lines, large groups pushing/shoving past you even if you have little kids in tow, the group leaders doing nothing to help, the loud chanting, walking across the parks in human chains arms crossed without disregard to others trying to get through, wild behavior by large groups on the buses )

All that has gone bye-bye to a large degree this year in the Parks-the changes in behavior we are seeing this year are extraordinary.

The resorts and Water parks can still be a little "dicey"!lol:)

I wish someone would post a picture. I have never seen them since we stay later.
It really is a sight to see-the groups sometimes number over 300.

It is fun to compare the Shirt/Backpack combinations of the different Tour Groups-we always "rate" them.lol:)

I don't have a picture,but our favorite shirt this year has "More Fun" "More Laughs" written in a "circle" with the number "15' in the middle of the "circle" with a "princess crown" on top of the "15".:)

We think also the "Magical Dreams" group below has a really cool Backpack design and blends really well with their green shirts.
(We have been saying that since Disney is killing The 15s "spirit" by cutting out the Chant Singing,they should at least have a Tour Group fashion Show for them and give out prizes for "Best Backpack",etc/lol)
43478212471_ba6d4404cd_c.jpg

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the ground. THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH. I swear you guys, I was SO confused as to why EVERY time I go in the summer there are groups upon groups of brazilian travel groups. This helps me understand. I was going to google it and then forgot. I was unsure if Disney is big in their culture or what. Sadly I have to say I didn't find the ones I saw during my stay (7/7-7/14) to be well behaved. If what I saw was considered well-behaved, I would hate to see what they used to act like.

So this weekend was my first time going in the summer and I'd totally forgotten about the 15's! They're apparently such a regular staple in Disney around this time that they had CM's in the parks in outfits I'd never seen before - green shirts with little Brazil flag logos under the name tags and possibly on the sleeves too, I can't remember. That was kind of neat! I've seen people who have tags listing the languages they speak, but I've never seen CMs that were so obviously out there to help with a specific language. (It's also possible these were strategically placed tour guides also wearing Disney-like name tags, I guess!). For the most part the groups I saw were doing their own thing without incident, except one group at Splash Mountain. The CMs were begging them to keep moving, get out of the way of the queue (they were scanning at the FP+ entrance and then not moving along, all of them seemed to be waiting for friends further back in the group), to put their shirts back on, among other things. :rotfl2: Then once on the ride they were clapping and singing (not singing along to the ride music, singing something totally different) together across multiple boats. It was really weird to be riding up the hill to the big drop & have the 5 boats behind me clapping & drowning out the ride music!

I still think the cheer/choir groups are significantly more annoying because they cheer and clap and sing non-stop. I can deal with it for 2 minutes on Splash Mountain lol, but I can't handle it for 45 minutes in line.

They're apparently such a regular staple in Disney around this time that they had CM's in the parks in outfits I'd never seen before - green shirts with little Brazil flag logos under the name tags and possibly on the sleeves too, I can't remember. That was kind of neat! I've seen people who have tags listing the languages they speak, but I've never seen CMs that were so obviously out there to help with a specific language. (It's also possible these were strategically placed tour guides also wearing Disney-like name tags, I guess!).

Those are the Super Greeters and they are Disney Cast Members.

They are all College Students from Brazil(most have previously done an ICP) and are stationed during the Summer at all Parks,Water Parks,Disney Springs and at all Resorts that house The 15s.

They are hired just for the Summer mainly to help "control" The 15s.lol

Go up to them and talk to them when you see them-they are really cool(and they LOVE WDW!).:)

If what I saw was considered well-behaved, I would hate to see what they used to act like.
There will always be some "problems",but,yes,those of us who go every Summer are AMAZED at the changes this Summer and,yes,you would be AMAZED to see what we used to see ROUTINELY(really no way to adequately describe it!lol)!lol:)

Last edited:
Those are the Super Greeters and they are Disney Cast Members.

They are all College Students from Brazil(most have previously done an ICP) and are stationed during the Summer at all Parks,Water Parks,Disney Springs and at all Resorts that house The 15s.

They are hired just for the Summer mainly to help "control" The 15s.lol

Go up to them and talk to them when you see them-they are really cool(and they LOVE WDW!).:)
Cool! Yeah I thought they looked like Cast Members, but I put the disclaimer in after imagining someone telling me how dumb it would be to put just people from one country into the parks. But Disney thinks of everything!!

I always think of them as the girls with the backpacks, usually bright pink, who chant incessantly everywhere they go! I’ve never encountered them not chanting. If they’ve toned it down at Disney, that’s great. They were in full force at BG a couple of weeks ago when I ran into them on two different days.

Overall, I’ve been mostly lucky. The ones I’ve encountered in the past have been more annoying than anything. I haven’t experienced any really bad issues, just the chanting. Although, I usually run the other way when I hear them coming, and you can usually hear them coming from a good ways off.

On a funny note, I took a friend’s teenage daughters to BG recently, 15 and 17. I thought they were going to run off and join the 15s. They thought the group looked like they were having so much fun. They wanted to go join the chanting. They made an attempt to join in in Portuguese, but when that failed, they decided to make up their own chants. It was really funny watching the two of them try to out chant / dance the very large group of 15s. It was a valiant effort, but I don’t think anyone can be heard over the screams of over a hundred teenage girls.

It really is a sight to see-the groups sometimes number over 300.

It is fun to compare the Shirt/Backpack combinations of the different Tour Groups-we always "rate" them.lol:)

I don't have a picture,but our favorite shirt this year has "More Fun" "More Laughs" written in a "circle" with the number "15' in the middle of the "circle" with a "princess crown" on top of the "15".:)

We think also the "Magical Dreams" group below has a really cool Backpack design and blends really well with their green shirts.
(We have been saying that since Disney is killing The 15s "spirit" by cutting out the Chant Singing,they should at least have a Tour Group fashion Show for them and give out prizes for "Best Backpack",etc/lol)

We do this too. My favorite so far were these girls who had given their plain t-shirts makeovers. These girls had cut the bottoms of their t-shirts into fringe and then braided those parts back together in elaborate styles. They had also bedazzled the shirts with jewels and elaborate stitching, cut off sleeves, sewed new necklines etc. It was all very impressive. Reminded me of those YouTubers you see who transform thrift store finds.

On a funny note, I took a friend’s teenage daughters to BG recently, 15 and 17. I thought they were going to run off and join the 15s. They thought the group looked like they were having so much fun.
If you thought they were "enamored" with The 15s,you should see the teenaged boys at our Resort when The 15s take to the Pool!lol

They look like they REALLY want to run off and join them!lol:)

No doubt-we were talking to a Guest on the bus this AM who had done Laundry "with them" the other day and one of The Brazil 15s had put Dryer Sheets in the washer detergent tray-and "washed" a load!lol

Evidently didn't have a lot of Laundry experience!lol

And we were doing Laundry the other night and there were some 15s in there also along with an older couple from Brazil.

We loaded our wash and went outside to sit on the Bench.

A few minutes later the Brazilian man came out and headed toward Stadium Hall and returned with Disney Security who went into the Laundry and cleared all The 15s out except for the 2 that were actually doing Laundry-don't know what happened but it must have been bad for the Brazilian to get security.

Never a dull!lol:)

I was doing laundry a couple weeks ago and an American woman was in starting hers as I was about to leave She put her clothing and detergent pod in the dryer and was trying to figure out how to start it. someone told her you use the computer and pay with a credit card. She was surprised that that it wasn't free. I left but she was going to be more surprised to find out the washer is actually a dryer. How does a 30-something woman not know the difference between a washer and a dryer?

So this weekend was my first time going in the summer and I'd totally forgotten about the 15's! They're apparently such a regular staple in Disney around this time that they had CM's in the parks in outfits I'd never seen before - green shirts with little Brazil flag logos under the name tags and possibly on the sleeves too, I can't remember. That was kind of neat! I've seen people who have tags listing the languages they speak, but I've never seen CMs that were so obviously out there to help with a specific language. (It's also possible these were strategically placed tour guides also wearing Disney-like name tags, I guess!). For the most part the groups I saw were doing their own thing without incident, except one group at Splash Mountain. The CMs were begging them to keep moving, get out of the way of the queue (they were scanning at the FP+ entrance and then not moving along, all of them seemed to be waiting for friends further back in the group), to put their shirts back on, among other things. :rotfl2: Then once on the ride they were clapping and singing (not singing along to the ride music, singing something totally different) together across multiple boats. It was really weird to be riding up the hill to the big drop & have the 5 boats behind me clapping & drowning out the ride music!

I still think the cheer/choir groups are significantly more annoying because they cheer and clap and sing non-stop. I can deal with it for 2 minutes on Splash Mountain lol, but I can't handle it for 45 minutes in line.

I agree about the cheer groups.

On our first onsite trip to Disney we were leaving MK to go back to CBR. The cheerleaders were chanting and cheering in the Pop bus stop the entire time we waited. And we waited for two buses. They continued as they got on their bus. At that moment we decided we would never stay value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter