when do you know that you are in wdw

f19810

Mouseketeer
When I was in Williamsburg, my mother once said that she knew that she was in Williamsburg when she smelled the boxwoods. The foodaholic that I am, I knew when I had my first gingerbread from the Raleigh Tavern. When do you know that you are in Walt Disney World? Is it when you have your first dole whip or mickey ice cream. Is it when you first see the castle even tho you have been at disney for days (just not in the MK) or when you see Spaceship Earth? How about when you see the characters? When do you know that you are in disney?

Ok...I'll be the first to reply.
Regardless of whether I've been there for a few days already or not, I know when I'm at Walt Disney World when I first step onto the Monorail. :thumbsup2

I know I am at Disney when I check in and they say "Welcome Home"

I know I'm at Disney when driving through the front gates and the characters Welcome you to Walt Disney World. I hold my breath as we go through and say "YEY - We're HERE!!" Also, as checking into the resort, listening to the music, seeing all the kids (and adults) being excited.

...when I step out of the resort and smell that Florida morning smell (usually during cooler months)!
...or when I smell the bakery on Main Street USA.
...or -one more- when I get my first beer from the Rose & Crown and sit on a bench near the hedge maze and watch my kids run around.

When we drive through the front gates and see Mickey and Donald on the signs. Then I know we are home.

When you get on Disney poperty and see the big Genie at DTD on top of the building--you know you have arrived. And you know your getting very close to Orlando when you see all those "We Bare All" billboards on the interstate 75 DH and I always silently count them down as we pass and hold up a finger after each one, we do not want to alert the kids to them. But we laugh every time :drive:

Noise

Footsteps, music, talking, laughing, screaming ...

And I don't mean from the room above us :lmao:

Theme park sounds.

We actually realize that we're so close to home when we enter Flagler County(Palm Coast) - and stop at Publix - which is about 2 1/2 hours from WDW. :goodvibes

But we officially feel at home when we see the first sign that says "TO DISNEY WORLD/I-4"

Roasting in the sun at the bus stop.

Standing shoulder to shoulder on Main St in MK with 10,000 other people waiting for a bunch of dressed up 20 somethings to dance by in a parade.

Really enjoying the free glass of ice water, half an hour after a salty basket of french fries.

After 15 hours in MK, the park benches in front of the castle are really comfortable. With a smile on you face because tomorrow it's Disney Hollywood Studios turn. :)

When I walk into Main Street USA and hear songs from Hello Dolly. It's like walking onto a movie set and draws you into the illusion.

~~ getting onto the shuttle-monorail-thingy at the Orlando airport (sorry, I have no idea what it's called):rotfl2:

~~ first stepping onto Main Street and seeing the castle. :lovestruc

~~ that very first ride, at any of the parks.

~~ but mostly, hearing my kids saying in their most excited voices "We're here, mom. We're here. Hurry up!" as we try to get off the plane! :cloud9:

I think for me it is when I land at Orlando airport and am on the magical express heading to my hotel.... I know from that moment on it is going to be a fun and magical time :cheer2:

When we are on the airplane and my granddaughters see the Florida airport out the windows for the first time. Then when we see the CMs with the Mickey hands showing the way to ME. Getting on the ME bus. Driving thru the purple gates and then ......... pulling up in front of the resort check-in!!

onto Osceola Parkway I have an idea that I will be in Disney soon.

When I go over what we call the first "Disney ride" (the bridge over a creek west of the toll booth that makes the car bounce) I start getting excited.

When I go through the purple arch over the Parkway I know!

(Then I get frustrated because no matter how many times I come up here, the signage for the individual resorts is so bad I always get lost).

Mom's almost ready, time to leave the French Quarter and have ourselves a Disney Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter