when do you know that you are in wdw

The Evolution Of Getting Close to Disney (Driving I-75 South) :cool2:

1. In southern Georgia, seeing the "Free Disney/Orlando Attraction Tickets" billboards on the interstate.

2. In south Georgia, seeing first glimpse of a palm tree; getting close to the Florida border.

3. Passing the Florida state line & welcome center.

4. Between Fla border & Ocala: Tons of more "Disney/Orlando attraction tickets" billboards on interstate.

5. In Ocala, seeing Fla Turnpike sign.

6. Turning from I-75 onto Fla turnpike (getting close!)

7. Passing through the split Ron Jon surf shop billboard on Fla turnpike.

8. First sight of toll booth #1 (getting real close)

9. Seeing 2nd toll booth and I-4 signs (I can smell it, almost there!)

10. Taking exit from Fla Turnpike onto I-4; passing Universal. (I'm so excited by now; hard to focus on driving)

11. See WDW road signs

12. Seeing lights from Downtown Disney/ PI on right from I-4

13. Going under arch entrance (Made it!!)

14. And finally...when I get first glimpse of Spaceship Earth from road; I officially know I'm there. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

End

When we first land at MCO and I see the palm trees..:yay:

Going under the WDW sign with Mickey and Donald...:cool1:

The security guard at the resort welcoming us home..:cloud9:

Walking into the MK and walking down Main Street and getting my first glimpse of the castle..:love:

Having my first rice cream in Norway (for DH, it would be his first pretzel and beer in Germany..)

Ok, great, now I want to go back! :lmao:

Well, I can't say for sure since the last time I was at WDW was a little over 7 years ago (going again next May!!), but I still very clearly remember the smell. It smelt very humid and plant-y, with good food smells, especially the popcorn. Which, if my smell memory is correct, doesn't smell quite like movie popcorn.

WDW is just a good smelling place.

Another thing that sort of relates is I know I'm on vacation whenever it's humid. Living in Alberta (and now the Yukon) I'm all used to a dry climate, and having the air suddenly be humid is a bigger shock than seeing palm trees, or the temperature.

I know when I am in WDW, when I start to see those wonderful purple WDW signs and when I'm walking onto Main Street and see Cinderella's Castle. :lovestruc

Like many of you, I know that I am in WDW when I first see the castle. I may have been in the other parks for days, but it is when I see the castle that I know that I am at disney.
Keep these coming!

When we are on the airplane and my granddaughters see the Florida airport out the windows for the first time. Then when we see the CMs with the Mickey hands showing the way to ME. Getting on the ME bus. Driving thru the purple gates and then ......... pulling up in front of the resort check-in!!

The airport for me, too, but a little bit later. When I get off the plane and go down to claim my luggage, and the driver for my hired town car is there, with a sign, with my name on it. Then I know I'm at WDW.:hippie:

The top 10 ways I know I am at WDW:

10. I step off the plane and it is no long 30 degrees below zero. :beach:
9. Driving round and round the airport because I cannot merge right!! I feel like the Griswalds. :rotfl: "Look kids Big Ben" :rotfl:
8. Paying tolls. Who has another quarter??? :sad2:
7. Inevitably getting lost somewhere on the way to the resorts because I am too excited to read the road signs or listen to TomTom. :drive:
6. Driving under the welcome signs - I tear up each and every time. :welcome:
5. Having security welcome me back home. pixiedust:
4. Walking into the resort and just feeling the magic. :wizard:
3. Getting my "Key to the Kingdom" with my name printed on it. :thumbsup2
2. Seeing Mickey Mouse for the first time. ::MickeyMo
1. Seeing my daughter's face light up with joy just like it did when she rode Dumbo for the first time!!! :cloud9: That is priceless.

1.) Looking out of the plane window and seeing the palm trees....I start screeching on the plane

2.) Taking the transportation to our luggage area

3.) Disney's Magical Express!!!!

Our first steps into the resort or rope drop at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter