When to go - Oct 18

brazilian fan

Earning My Ears
Hi guys

With attendance rising every year I am getting a little concern about my next trip. My last visit was in feb 17 and it was packed. Before that I went in oct 15 and it was ok.

My next trip is already set for oct 18, my only doubt is which 2 weeks.

Option 1: From 10/20 til 11/03

Option 2: From 10/13 til 10/27

I´ve been using:

ryanerickson.com/-combined-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar-7-in-1/

Under cover tourist

Your First Visit (option 1 is better)

Dad´s Guide

WDW Bound (option 2 is better)

Is all of them equally trustworthy?

My only concern is the crowd.

Thanks so much!!!

I personally never pay attention to crowd calendars because Disney is always crowded, but I think the crowds will be higher if you're there over the Halloween holiday.

So for that reason I would choose option 2.

Avoid Columbus Day and the weekend prior and check to see if there are any foot races going on, we blundered into a few races last Nov. 2 - 11. We're going from Oct. 18 - 27, I'm pleased with our choice.

Bill From PA

Last edited:

November 1st will be Christmas on park opening. A lot of people enjoy Halloween on the 31st and the magical transformation into Christmas the next day.
Is this a fact? It would be pretty neat to see the both decorations

Is this a fact? It would be pretty neat to see the both decorations

Not necessarily a fact per se but it has been the norm for the last few years. The morning after the last Halloween party BAM, it’s Christmas! But as with anything at Disney, things can change.

I’ve been to WDW during both those time frames and preferred the later October dates due to crowd levels and the Christmas change over.

Hi guys

With attendance rising every year I am getting a little concern about my next trip. My last visit was in feb 17 and it was packed. Before that I went in oct 15 and it was ok.

My next trip is already set for oct 18, my only doubt is which 2 weeks.

Option 1: From 10/20 til 11/03

Option 2: From 10/13 til 10/27

I´ve been using:

ryanerickson.com/-combined-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar-7-in-1/

Under cover tourist

Your First Visit (option 1 is better)

Dad´s Guide

WDW Bound (option 2 is better)

Is all of them equally trustworthy?

My only concern is the crowd.

Thanks so much!!!
Either one will be very crowded. Summer is the less-crowded time to go to WDW now. October has been getting reports of high crowds for the past couple of years.

Last edited:
I was looking at going in October too because at one time it was a "slower" time. But from what I have read... With Wine and Food Festival along with MNSSHP becoming more popular it is bringing in the people.

So I moved our trip to the week after Thanksgiving. We enjoy the holidays more than Halloween anyway.

I'd go with option 1. The first couple of weeks of October are becoming increasingly busy and the October overall has seen higher attendance each year. I would expect it to be crowded and be pleasantly surprised if it's not. That's just the way of the World these days!

Just an FYI: this past year there was a Halloween party on Nov 1st. But on Nov 2nd most but not all of the Christmas decorations were up at MK.

Our experience this past year was that option 1 was slightly less crowded.

They’d both be similar levels of crowd with crossing over with uk holidays and Halloween. option 2 you’d see the Christmas decour going up as well as Halloween which is always exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter