When transferring the extended 2018 banked points in to RCI, has anyone been able to combine points from different memberships?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
So we have 3 different memberships that we had banked 2018 points, then had reservations canceled, and ended up having these points extended to Nov 30th, 2020. Unable to find family members wanting these points, we came to the conclusion that we would be transferring them in to RCI. One day I called MS with questions concerning this, and while one membership had 100 points, the other 2 had 23 and 16. I knew I could only transfer in increments of 10, and the one with 23 on it was only a 75 point contract and I just didn't know if I wanted to transfer over 7 points that I knew we would use at WDW. and put them in to RCI where they might not get used at all. That's when I was told by MS that all 3 memberships would be put in to one RCI account, and then I would only need to add one point to make it an even 140 points. Sounded good! But I wanted to think upon it just to make sure that's what we would be doing since it would be a final action.

A few days later, I called back to do so and was told NO, absolutely not, the points follow the membership that they are attached to. I transferred the 100 points and held off on the other 2. This morning, I called to make the transfer of 20 points on each of them, meaning I lost the 3 points on the small contract, and took 4 additional points from the larger contract. This time I was told that yes, I could transfer them all together. I mentioned that I had previously been told that, but then when I went to do the transfer, that person said absolutely not. I was put on hold, and when MS came back, she said she was reading conflicting information that maybe because they were extended points it wouldn't be allowed.

So my question is, has anyone been able to combine these extended points from different memberships in to one RCI account? The MS person who said absolutely not said that it has never been allowed. The other 2 were pretty confident that it could be done, but then the one finally said that while they used to be able to do it, evidently these extended points were being handled differently. I really just wanted one RCI account to make things easier, and to be able to use the points more efficiently without having points left over.

What has your experience been?

I feel bad for the Member Service agents. They have so many different rules and exceptions. I believe most agents don't know the "real answer". The only way to do it is to take the offer when one mentions it and go through with it until completion. When you call back, you can never be sure if the same offer applies.

I know it's not supposed to be this way but even Disney themselves have made changes on exceptions a few times so nobody can keep up with all the changes.

I have been told no because different memberships is like being different owners.

You can’t combine with a stranger so even though you are an owner of all, it isn’t treated differently.

But I have no first hand experience..just what I was told when looking at some options last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter