When was the last time you literally stopped to smell flowers?

Actually just last week my coworkers and I were walking at lunch and we passed a flowering bush that smelled really nice so I paused for a whiff.

DW buys flowers at the grocery store every week. I like them and enjoy them, but I can't say I ever really notice a scent.

Do orange blossoms count? I stopped to smell the blossoms on my orange tree Tuesday while cutting the lawn.

Last Sunday. I was at a local nursery and the blloms looked so gorgeous I just couldn't resist.

Spring & early summer in North Carolina. I can't remember the last time we were there when all the flowers were in bloom, but nothing beats that smell. I'm a weirdo that thinks most cut flowers smell like a funeral home, so I'm not fond of cut flowers.

I did it tons of times over the past week. We were vacationing in SoCal and the foliage there is mind-blowing when juxtaposed against one of the longest winters the Canadian prairies have experienced in a generation.

I did it tons of times over the past week. We were vacationing in SoCal and the foliage there is mind-blowing when juxtaposed against one of the longest winters the Canadian prairies have experienced in a generation.
So, do you still think all of America smells the same? I remember you once saying you could "smell" America, as soon as you left the airport & intimated that it wasn't a pleasant smell. Obviously, all of America doesn't smell the same. I hope you have a more generous opinion of our country now. If not, you should visit more of the country, before deciding all of America smells bad. I'm sure all of Canada doesn't smell the same either.

FWIW, I'm really not trying to pick on you, but that comment stood out to me. It appears all your experiences have been on the West Cast of the US. Most, if not all, of these experiences have been in California or nearby. The WC of the US appears to be closer to you, so that makes sense. While the WC has many positive attributes, it doesn't represent the entire country. Try the East Coast, South, or Midwest & you'll have a totally different experience in each of them.

It's been over 2 years. The Texas Mountain Laurel tree outside our old local library. It smells exactly like Grape Kool-Aid.

At Epcot’s Flower and Garden festival when we were there 2 weeks ago. We still have a foot of snow so the flowers were a welcome sight and smell.

So, do you still think all of America smells the same? I remember you once saying you could "smell" America, as soon as you left the airport & intimated that it wasn't a pleasant smell. Obviously, all of America doesn't smell the same. I hope you have a more generous opinion of our country now. If not, you should visit more of the country, before deciding all of America smells bad. I'm sure all of Canada doesn't smell the same either.

FWIW, I'm really not trying to pick on you, but that comment stood out to me. It appears all your experiences have been on the West Cast of the US. Most, if not all, of these experiences have been in California or nearby. The WC of the US appears to be closer to you, so that makes sense. While the WC has many positive attributes, it doesn't represent the entire country. Try the East Coast, South, or Midwest & you'll have a totally different experience in each of them.
:confused3 Sorry - my opinions of your country, whatever they may be, have nothing to do with how it smells. And you have no idea where I've been - that comment is actually kind of bizarre. JMHO, but various cities in California, Florida, Texas, Nevada and Washington all smell similar when I walk out the airport doors. To me, it's come to "smell like America". FWIW, the smell isn't noticeable when we drive across the border into Montana.

I noticed on a walk yesterday I could smell all the flowers in the air (I didn't stop though to smell - kept walking). There are a lot of flowering trees in my neighborhood that have bloomed.

Um no. I like the feeling of being able to breathe.

From March to about July I am allergic to outside :rotfl:

Funny thing is that I never had allergy problems until we moved from FL to TX. It was bad there, but NY is horrible for me. Maybe I'm just allergic to NY:confused3

Easter. I walked into Kroger and the Easter flowers smelled so good, I had to slow down and just enjoy it for a second.

The bouquet of flowers my sons gave me for my birthday back in January. As far as stopping outside to smell flowers........I'm still waiting for anything (besides my snowdrops) to bloom! :sad2:

Often in the spring when the flowers begin to bloom. There's a lovely smelling flowering tree at the bottom of the road which I don't know the name of but often stop to appreciate the scent. And in the summertime there's a house halfway down the road which has a lavender bush, and I like to stop and watch the bees buzzing around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter