When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening?

When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening? This is means with Disney's permission.

• 5am 8/29

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 3am 8/29

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Midnight 8/29

Votes: 66 26.9%
  • 9pm 8/28

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • 5pm 8/28

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Morning 8/28

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Sometime on 8/27

Votes: 62 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that my wife and I have a Wednesday night hotel reservation at POP and we are debating if it’s even worth it now.

I don't have a full list but so far I know that Everything Pop, Landscape of Flavors, all three all star food courts, Sassagoula Floatworks, and Riverside mill are opening at 2:30am Thursday morning.

So there will possibly be a virtual queue then. I wonder how long that will last, or if it's just the first day?
I believe they will use the VQ from day one and will continue to use it as it is needed. So each time the land hits capacity the VQ will go into effect

And major FYI for anyone that doesn't have a reservation at Ogas you DON'T have to have a reservation but they also do not allow a standby line to form and you are "required" to ask the cast members if they have room basically every time the line moves.

Can you elaborate on this a little more? I was reading this thread hoping to find out if Olga’s was taking walk ups. We will be going to the EEMH a few times the week it opens. We don’t have reservations for anything 😬.
Are you saying that reservation holders line up and every time that line moves, you have to check with cms? That seems like it’s going to be a crazed mess. Ugh

Can you elaborate on this a little more? I was reading this thread hoping to find out if Olga’s was taking walk ups. We will be going to the EEMH a few times the week it opens. We don’t have reservations for anything 😬.
Are you saying that reservation holders line up and every time that line moves, you have to check with cms? That seems like it’s going to be a crazed mess. Ugh
You basically have to go to the podium and ask if they're taking any walk ups. They will tell you yes or no.
If not then you can check later

We arrive on Thursday. Can someone explain how the VQ works exactly? Sorry I can't read everything on the picture
posted :sad2:
Is this only used when the park is at full capacity? Or is this like a reservation system to get into SWGE?
How do you think the opening and following days are going to be impacted by the storm? Hoping we at least get to see SWGE!

We arrive on Thursday. Can someone explain how the VQ works exactly? Sorry I can't read everything on the picture
Is this only used when the park is at full capacity? Or is this like a reservation system to get into SWGE?
How do you think the opening and following days are going to be impacted by the storm? Hoping we at least get to see SWGE!
It’s only used when the land itself is at capacity. If it is you get a boarding group. You will be alerted when your boarding group is ready to enter the land.

Virtual Queue will be used only if SWGE fills to capacity. If the land has filled to capacity, you will find a link in MDE that takes you to a location where you can join a boarding group for SWGE. You will have to then wait for your boarding group to be invited into the land.

Opening won't be effected by the storm at this point. I just watched our local news, and it's still hard to tell if the storm will stay in tact after it leaves the Dominican Republic. Continue to keep an eye on the weather updates. If the storm does make its way to FL, it would probably be this weekend.

Thank you so much. Okay now I understand how this works
Fingers crossed this storm breaks up or takes a turn out into the Atlantic! I’m in the Midwest so no news reports really here! I will keep an eye on reports on line.

Thank you so much. Okay now I understand how this works
Fingers crossed this storm breaks up or takes a turn out into the Atlantic! I’m in the Midwest so no news reports really here! I will keep an eye on reports on line.
I just moved here from the Midwest a couple months ago. This would be my first storm if it develops this way, but I'm hoping it turns as well. I want to go to Savi's this weekend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter