When will the hotel bubble pop?

Wanna hear something crazy?

The first time we stayed CL at the Grand was in 2007. We got a military discount rate. I pulled out the receipts.

We paid $279/night. For club level.
We stayed at the Grand on Oct 2012 for 225/nt (and DLH for 179/nt) for standard rooms! I remember thinking it was SO expensive too seeing as we had spent a week at Best Western Stovall’s for ~450 the year before!

We stayed at the Grand on Oct 2012 for 225/nt (and DLH for 179/nt) for standard rooms! I remember thinking it was SO expensive too seeing as we had spent a week at Best Western Stovall’s for ~450 the year before!
Yup I remember staying on property back in 2011 and thinking you want how much money?? But prices off site were much cheaper than now too. To have those prices back again. In comparison those prices are 3.5 times more now.

I’ve been getting lots of promos for area hotels too. I figured they were not as booked up as they thought. I was in the parks this last week, and with the exception of Sunday 6/4, all the days we went seemed pretty darn crowded. And I expected 6/4 to be insane with a grad night, and it wasn’t.

What I did notice was we have a trip planned to WDW in August. And our dining opened up this past week. We aren’t staying on site, so dining opened daily. And we forgot to set alarms a couple nights. But we were able to get every dining reservation we wanted. Even very popular places like Le Cellier. I could not believe it. When I realized we overslept, I thought for sure we missed out. So makes me wonder about bookings at WDW too. Well that and their discount ticket offer.

All very interesting for sure.

I do have to say this last trip to Disneyland, cast members were much friendlier and I noticed the bathrooms were much cleaner than our last couple of trips in 2022.
August is considered low season. Tickets are cheapest of the year because most schools are back. But congrats on getting all your reservations. Gotta be a great feeling.

I've always tried to avoid DL in late may until mid June because of Grad nites. But the low points chart at Grand Cal during that time is very tempting.

August is considered low season. Tickets are cheapest of the year because most schools are back. But congrats on getting all your reservations. Gotta be a great feeling.

I've always tried to avoid DL in late may until mid June because of Grad nites. But the low points chart at Grand Cal during that time is very tempting.
Thanks! I’m hoping the crowds are manageable and not insane. Lol. We go the first ten days in August. My kids start school mid August, otherwise we would try to go later! Lol. I’m excited to see the parks without all the Covid restrictions this time too.

We were in a group on this trip, so had to manage a lot of schedules. We only had one park day with a grad night, the other days that had grad nights were rest days or spent at Knotts and universal. So it worked out well!

My favorite time to go to DL is usually in July! Not around the 4th. But any other time. Always feels less crowded to me with the magic key block out dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter