When will WDW have a new nighttime parade again?!

I would suggest that if you would like to see a New Night Time Parade at the Magic Kingdom to stop in to City Hall on Main Street USA and let the kind Guest Relations Cast Members know, hopefully they will write down your Comments and forward them to the Park Managers responsible for deciding on when to build a new Night Parade.

z

To answer the OPs question - I would say we will have a new parade by 2021 for the 50th. I didn't much like MSEP and much preferred Spectromagic. And Paint the Night is so much superior to both of them that it will be worth the wait when they finally get around to it.

I am personally ok with zero parades for normal MK operating days and would rather see these saved for hard ticket events like MNSSHP and MVMCP

No, just flat out no. I 100% hate that idea.

Both my father in-law and my father are in their late 60s and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt if they were going to disney with us this year they would be livid there was not a night time parade when we go. Hands down the parade is one of their favorite things to do.

My father in-law is the straight laced type who doesnt get into much stuff, during MSEP i looked over at him and he was danging with the music and waving to all of the characters. Its one of my favorite times i've ever spent with him.

The night time parade is one of the things that sets disney apart from other theme parks, with the $100+ a day ticket price, I would be livid if i had to pay more to see a parade.

I am personally ok with zero parades for normal MK operating days and would rather see these saved for hard ticket events like MNSSHP and MVMCP

So you're okay with taking away an attraction offered that millions enjoyed with their regular park admission, then re-rolling it out to be included with extra admission events?

I'm absolutely NOT okay with that. That goes along with the whole paying more for less trend that seems to be happening. Besides, don't MNSSHP and MVMCP both have their own parades anyway?

we need to write Disney corp to show our concern or at least stop by guest relations and voice that we would love to see a night parade, getting people involve and constantly asking for it we will get their attention and they will come with a parade sooner or later

If you really want a parade, start a campaign to have everyone cancel their upcoming trips or upcoming AP renewals - Disney will only hear the feedback if they lose significant money...

Words are just words...but actions - they have consequences for Disney...

If you really want a parade, start a campaign to have everyone cancel their upcoming trips or upcoming AP renewals - Disney will only hear the feedback if they lose significant money...

I don't think cancelling trips would get a new parade. I've said this before a new parade doesn't have the attendance impact that a new land or attraction might have. Now if they gave us a new parade, fireworks show, and one other thing, that would be a draw. I do agree that if people cancelled trips in masses we would see changes but those changes might also not be for the better in some cases.

will they? I mean people have already done that. Attendance is down, so their answer is to cut things.

I don't think cancelling trips would get a new parade. I've said this before a new parade doesn't have the attendance impact that a new land or attraction might have. Now if they gave us a new parade, fireworks show, and one other thing, that would be a draw. I do agree that if people cancelled trips in masses we would see changes but those changes might also not be for the better in some cases.

If you started a petition that said "cancel your trips/APs til Disney brings us back our WDW parades", had people sign it and displaying pics showing their canceled trips/APs...you'd have a parade thrown together by next week. Disney needs to see the loss of revenue directly attributed to their decision to act...

For now, most keep just complaining, but soldiering on in the parks...although I think the tide is turning...

First, the 13 month AP renewals...then the reduced local tickets from 2016 and the 4 day/4 park tickets for non-locals...now the AP reserved seating for the arts festival - betting Disney was having woeful pre-book FPs for EPCOT and realized they needed to guarantee some attendance for people to spend money buying the overpriced food/souvies/drinks/classes...

If you started a petition that said "cancel your trips/APs til Disney brings us back our WDW parades", had people sign it and displaying pics showing their canceled trips/APs...you'd have a parade thrown together by next week. Disney needs to see the loss of revenue directly attributed to their decision to act...

For now, most keep just complaining, but soldiering on in the parks...although I think the tide is turning...

First, the 13 month AP renewals...then the reduced local tickets from 2016 and the 4 day/4 park tickets for non-locals...now the AP reserved seating for the arts festival - betting Disney was having woeful pre-book FPs for EPCOT and realized they needed to guarantee some attendance for people to spend money buying the overpriced food/souvies/drinks/classes...
Petitions don't work. Cancelled trips and lower attendance does if it grows. Attendance is down a bit and we still aren't seeing many changes.

So you're okay with taking away an attraction offered that millions enjoyed with their regular park admission, then re-rolling it out to be included with extra admission events?

I'm absolutely NOT okay with that. That goes along with the whole paying more for less trend that seems to be happening. Besides, don't MNSSHP and MVMCP both have their own parades anyway?

entertainment is subject to change...

No, just flat out no. I 100% hate that idea.

Both my father in-law and my father are in their late 60s and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt if they were going to disney with us this year they would be livid there was not a night time parade when we go. Hands down the parade is one of their favorite things to do.

My father in-law is the straight laced type who doesnt get into much stuff, during MSEP i looked over at him and he was danging with the music and waving to all of the characters. Its one of my favorite times i've ever spent with him.

The night time parade is one of the things that sets disney apart from other theme parks, with the $100+ a day ticket price, I would be livid if i had to pay more to see a parade.

No problem. Difference in opinion. I'm not saying I don't like the parades, I am saying right now, MK is way too crowded for appropriate crowd management during parades and I am ok with them not coming back as things currently stand.

No problem. Difference in opinion. I'm not saying I don't like the parades, I am saying right now, MK is way too crowded for appropriate crowd management during parades.
I disagree here. Having the parades spreads out the crowds. When there is a parade you have a ton of people stopped to watch it. That means less people trying to eat and do attractions. Same thing for fireworks. Now with no parade there is no 30-60 minutes of time where those people are stopped watching a parade instead they are in lines making those lines longer.

I disagree here. Having the parades spreads out the crowds. When there is a parade you have a ton of people stopped to watch it. That means less people trying to eat and do attractions. Same thing for fireworks. Now with no parade there is no 30-60 minutes of time where those people are stopped watching a parade instead they are in lines making those lines longer.

And I am going to go ahead and disagree with you. While it may be more CONVENIENT for those NOT watching a parade to eat and/or have shorter attraction lines, it is NOT spreading out the crowd. It is making a bottleneck along the parade route, especially main street for those who would like to enjoy those areas. However, lately, I can move much better in the park because there aren't crowds lining up for 3 hours to get a good seat on the parade route. Now, everything just keeps moving along.

I get why people are sentimental, but I think they're operational nightmares

And I am going to go ahead and disagree with you. While it may be more CONVENIENT for those NOT watching a parade to eat and/or have shorter attraction lines, it is NOT spreading out the crowd. It is making a bottleneck along the parade route, especially main street for those who would like to enjoy those areas. However, lately, I can move much better in the park because there aren't crowds lining up for 3 hours to get a good seat on the parade route. Now, everything just keeps moving along.

I get why people are sentimental, but I think they're operational nightmares
The parade only creates a large crowd on Main Street for maybe an hour? I've never seen people line up 3 hours ahead of time for MSEP that's a bit a hyperbole. I don't understand how you can say they don't spread out crowds because they do that's pretty much fact. I'm not sentimental to MSEP, as I'd love to see something new but to not have any parade is paying more for less.

I've said this before but WDW at one point had 5 parades. Now it has 1. Again paying more for less.

The parade only creates a large crowd on Main Street for maybe an hour? I've never seen people line up 3 hours ahead of time for MSEP that's a bit a hyperbole. I don't understand how you can say they don't spread out crowds because they do that's pretty much fact. I'm not sentimental to MSEP, as I'd love to see something new but to not have any parade is paying more for less.

I've said this before but WDW at one point had 5 parades. Now it has 1. Again paying more for less.

When there's 2 parades and Wishes in between, Main Street becomes a mess as early as 6pm in some case.

I agree with you that we're all paying more to get less and no one likes it. Not one bit :(

If anyone really wants a parade, I'll pack along my battery powered Christmas lights and will wrap them around me and strut down main street for the last week in January. Limited time magic, folks.

I'd rather take their time and make an amazing parade then to throw something cheap together just to have one.

If anyone really wants a parade, I'll pack along my battery powered Christmas lights and will wrap them around me and strut down main street for the last week in January. Limited time magic, folks.

I'd rather take their time and make an amazing parade then to throw something cheap together just to have one.

I'd rather they not remove a parade until they are ready to go with the next one...and since there are 4 parks, they could always have 3 parades going as they work on the new 4th one...

I'd rather they not remove a parade until they are ready to go with the next one...and since there are 4 parks, they could always have 3 parades going as they work on the new 4th one...
Disneyland was willing to pay for the MSEP refurb while WDW wasn't so that's why it left. MSEP needed major work and WDW likes to be tight with the purse strings. Disneyland on the other hand will pay for entertainment options.

No problem. Difference in opinion. I'm not saying I don't like the parades, I am saying right now, MK is way too crowded for appropriate crowd management during parades and I am ok with them not coming back as things currently stand.

The parade is also how we've been able to ride certain things at night with little wait times. On the nights we don't watch them, or the fireworks, we'll bounce from ride to ride and attraction to attraction during these events.

IMO these are a great for crowd control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter