Where and Why? Favourite food places tell me more !!!

Our favorites at Disneyland Paris are Auberge de Cendrillon and Blue Lagoon. At Disney Village, we enjoyed King Ludwig's.

Woody

:) You are all helping , some of the comments have made me want to be there right now!Blue Lagoon sounds good, not sure about King Ludwigs what's the food like? Anyone remember their menu? Casey's Corner seems ok too.

I have yet to eat in Blue Lagoon but it looks like absolutely amazing when in the POTC boats.I really like Cowboy Cookout I think there is a good atmosphere,also in Disney Village Annettes Diner is fabulous & great value.And maybe some may disagree but I think Rainforest Cafe is brilliant.It is expensive but the theming & setting has to be seen to be believed.I thought the food was lovely aswell especially the deserts.Once in DLRP you will not go hungry,everyones tastes are catered for.

Jamie.

:smooth: pirate:

JJ For Ever said:
. . . everyones tastes are catered for.
So true. Coming from the States, we look for restaurants at DLP that we don't have at home. Which is probably what first attracted us to King Ludwigs. The food was quite good, and reminded us of our holidays in Germany.

Woody

Do any of you guys and girls know if Planet Hollywood has lasagne rockets on their menu, I last had them in Orlando 1998 and they were delicious. Would love to try them again I know it's a long shot! If not I'm sure they will have something to tempt us in as long as the prices aren't too high.No doubt we will end up at McD's at some point too .Wifey

remember if you have Brits guide to DLP there's a discount coupon for Planet hollywood.
In June it took our bill for 4 to just under 100 euros, which we didn't think was too bad as the kids now have adult meals.

Have any of you brought back menus from the restaurants you have eaten in on recent trips? If they could be made available for all to read it would give many an insight into the types of food to choose from. Just a thought ,as I know many people do this for Florida parks restaurants and post them on the web, it would be nice to do this for Paris too.;)Wifey

Whoo hoo I think I may have been spotted by the Tag Fairy,just noticed I'm no longer "earning my ears" but now a "mouseketeer'' to me that's a great honour!!!I'm wonderfully surprised!!!

Those are the default titles that change with the more posts you post on DIS.

wifey said:
Have any of you brought back menus from the restaurants you have eaten in on recent trips? If they could be made available for all to read it would give many an insight into the types of food to choose from. Just a thought ,as I know many people do this for Florida parks restaurants and post them on the web, it would be nice to do this for Paris too.;)Wifey
www.dlpfoodguide.com is good for menu listings.
Wonder if anyone has big enough pockets for the menus at the fast food outlets :rotfl:

Reid

Been seven times to DLP and the only restaurant which we always book when we arrive for the special 'last dinner' is inventions in the disneyland hotel. Request to sit in the main section near the buffet overlooking the park. It is a character restaurant and is quite expensive but its a great place to eat, go hungry!!! It is excellent.
Starters are smoked salmon, huge prawns,langoustine,mozzarella and tomato salad, parma ham and tortilla chips and salsa, lots more!!! there is a good choice of main courses, carvery meat etc. Lots of puds as well. With a bottle of rose the evening is great and it is the one restaurant we always recommend.
Having said this we have now not been to DLP for nearly 2 years but since the park opened up until 2003 sept it has had the same menu and a call to the restaurant will confirm the menu and any changes. It is the only memorable restaurant we have tried on site that I would go to if it was not on Disney property.

I am one of the sad cases that brings menus home ;) I am very proud of my collection :teeth:

What a great thread! I love all of the reviews. I hope we can do Auberge de Cendrillon, Blue Lagoon Restaurant and Inventions while we're there.

Quick question- what's the best way for making reservations? I'm hoping I don't need to make any oversees calls. We'll be there Sept 21-23, will it be quiet enough that we can just book once we get there?

Thanks!

Like I think many have said, Annette's Diner is a great place to eat, so much fun!
The Cowboy Cookout in Frontierland is also fantastic, it's nice to eat outside on a sunny day.
The Rainforest Cafe has a wonderful atmosphere, and although the food is lovely, it is a little pricy -- but what the heck, it's Disneyland -- splash out!!

:goodvibes

I'll put in a shameless plug for my DLP restaurant reviews: MinnieYC's DLP Restaurant Reviews

shortikell said:
Quick question- what's the best way for making reservations? I'm hoping I don't need to make any oversees calls. We'll be there Sept 21-23, will it be quiet enough that we can just book once we get there?
Unfortunately, the only way to reserve is by calling directly. But I don't think it will be necessary to have them in advance for those dates. I'd make them once you get to DLP and save your money from those expensive long distance calls. We've never had any problems during busier times of the year. On our last trip, we had some reservations in advance, but they turned out not to be necessary, and we even wound up changing our times around a lot once we got there.

Annettes Take Away is great.

Peanut butter milkshakes are the best.

I think a lot of the food is the same sort of price as inside but a lot cheaper, and eating outside at night is great.

As well as calling in advance you can make a reservation at City Hall, through reception at the hotel or at the restaurant in person.

Reid

Our favourites in order:
1) Inventions at Disneyland Hotel - fantastic food (buffet), fantastic character interaction and fantastic setting

2) Blue Lagoon - brilliant setting and delicious food (BTW, they also do a teenager menu)

3) Steakhouse - more fantastic food (buffet) and also more fantastic character interaction (this is only at Sunday brunch)

4) Lucky Nugget - very nice buffet, fun theming, plenty of character interaction, and I also enjoyed the band. The only minus to this place is that it is advertised as a character meal in all the brochures and hence is very busy.

5) Auberge de Cendrillon - lovely theming, we did the lunchtime buffet which was very nice but did not live up to the very high standard set by Inventions or the Steakhouse. However I did enjoy it here and would go again.

Thanks MinnieYC! We'll just wait then to make reservations- glad to hear that we shouldn't have much trouble. I love that DL now does reservations by email once you book your hotel- hopefully they'll all adopt that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter