Where are you staying for Marathon weekend?

Violet Parr

DIS Veteran
I'm having a hard time making some decisions! Where are you staying for Marathon weekend? Are you staying with your families? Thinking about the logistics of getting ready on race morning/resting the evening before when we will have 2 runners and 3 non-runners, one being an energetic 7yo.

VP

We currently have reservations for a two bedroom at OKW and are wait listed at BLT. There will be six adults, of which three will be doing at least one race and two doing Dopey, and then two infants, each participating in a Kid's race. My wife, son, and I have never stayed at OKW, but the rest have. We're still hoping for BLT, but have heard really good things about OKW.

Solo this trip and POFQ for me. Small resort, easy access to buses and food court from just about any building. Shares buses with POR, but the buses stop at POFQ first. Close to the start/finish. Have stayed there for both WDWMW and SWDS before.

Every resort is pretty good for marathon weekend. I've done Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club so far. Both were excellent choices. This year we are staying with friends at Saratoga Springs in a Studio.

We're doing a split stay with 2 days at Animal Kingdom Lodge before moving over to Art of Animation for the actual race dates. We don't get to Walt Disney World as often as we'd like so we figured we'd spend a couple of days in a Savannah View room as a treat but didn't need that level of room during the running portion of our stay (I'm doing Dopey; DW is doing 5k; DD is doing 5k, 10k & mile run). When I did the full marathon in 2015, I stayed at AoA in a Little Mermaid room and liked it enough to want to go back for next year's events. For the days that I'm running but the family isn't, they can sleep in and enjoy the pools in the morning before I get back and we head out to the parks.

I usually stay at Pop Century but since I'm moving 5 minutes behind Magic Kingdom next month I think I'll be passing on a hotel stay at Disney next year.For 2018 it wouldn't surprise me to book Pop again for a Dopey attempt.Once I move I have to get serious about training cause the last couple of months I've done very little.

Last edited:
We're at Saratoga for now but are waitlisted for Boardwalk, and hoping it will come through. My folks can watch me from there.

We are starting off at AoA so I can take advantage of the transportation to the expo and for the 5K and 10 K. Then we are moving to the Hilton Bonnet Creek for the 6-8th. We have to fly home after the marathon so the kids can get back to school Monday. I wanted the guaranteed 2pm checkout at the Hilton.

We were able to rent points at Saratoga. Never stayed there before so we are looking forward to it!

Art of Animation suites, which gives us a little more room and an extra bathroom. Three runners - 1 Dopey and 2 marathoners.

Whelp, we're staying offsite, which apparently isn't the popular thing to do, lol. But we never stay on site, ever. Just too pricey for us. Hopefully getting up at 2:30 am will leave me with plenty of time to get to the course!

EDIT: just realized this thread is for marathon weekend and not princess weekend; forgive me, it's 4 am here :o

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter