Where can I find Donald?

Eileen226

<font color=FF66FF>Knows she can't eat computer co
My son and I will be traveling to Disneyland 1/1-1/4 as a pre-20th birthday Celebration for him. We are donald fanatics. Any suggestions for a picture op in either park...any special merchandise like the Philharmagic ride at WDW? Thanks.. Also... any character meals where the duck is present?

Thanks.

I've seen Donald at Goofy's Kitchen once. Otherwise, Town Square or Toontown in DL and the Sunshine Plaza area of DCA are your best bets. Donald is one of the harder characters to find.

It's funny, I think I've been to DL 50-60 times and have only seen Donald a couple of times. We finally got a picture with him at Ariel's Grotto when it was still the characters lunch. Maybe you'll spot him at the new location, Carnation, if I'm not mistaken but probably am. Help me out here people, my wife the coordinator in the family.

Donald is much harder to find at DL than at WDW. I have seen him at Goofy's once and Ariel's back when it was Capn Mickey's. I have never seen him out and about in the park. There is a Minnie and Friend's breakfast at the Plaza Inn in Disneyland, don't know if he might be there or not, he certainly is a friend of Minnie's so he ought to be!

If you have the morning madness pass into toon town, he will be hanging out in his house there. Maybe he is there during the day, I dont know.

I've seen Donald mostly over at CA Adventure. But he's got a Hawaiian style shirt on and I prefer him in his classic blue. Every now and then I'll see him in Toontown and he'll have his regular stuff on.

We saw him this morning at the front of the train station, during the mayors welcome speech. Also Mickey, Minnie, Gepetto, and Belle.

I usually see Donald in Toon Town. You can also see an animated Donald in the new 50 years movie on Main Street.

Tink33 said:
I usually see Donald in Toon Town. You can also see an animated Donald in the new 50 years movie on Main Street.

We watched that today, it is excellent. :flower:

Not counting parades, I have only seen Donald at DCA. Both at the Hollywood Backlot and Sunshine Plaza. I agree that he is much harder to find.

Sher

Saw Donald at Toontown a couple of times. He is very hard to find!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Disneyland August 1989
Disneyland July 1994
Disneyworld April 1997
Disneyland May 2001
Disneyland December 2005

Does anyone know why that is? Why Donald is so hard to find? He's supposed to be one of the popular characters and yet I stumble across ones you'd likely find less often. I'll tell you who I've seen once and probably never will see again: Bonkers! I ran into him back in 1994 when the Disney Afternoon was super popular. I was a huge fan and very delighted to meet him. It was very quick because he was taking off to go backstage. Mom chased him down and I ran to give him a hug. I got ONE picture with him and some stupid kid walked into the shot just as Mom took it! And that's all I got! I was sooooo mad!

Oooh, here's an idea. If anyone gets to see Donald, post your picture here! I'm curious to see how he looks for the 50th celebration. K? And I'll do the same if I'm lucky enough to see him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter