Where Can We Find Solar Eclipse Glasses (Not Online)?

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
DH just informed that it's going to work out for us to be near a location to view the solar eclipse. I'm so excited, because I thought we'd be in a part of the country that is far away from the path of totality. I can't order glasses online, because we'll be traveling the whole time between now & then. What stores or other locations have you found them? FWIW, we'll be in the Oxford, New Hampshire area at that time, but could drive to parts of Vermont & Maine too.

Kinda close-ish, but not in a perfect view. Memphis, TN. I see that Little Rock, AR is on the path, and that's only like two hours away, give or take.
Thanks so much. We'll start looking, when we get a couple hours away from the path. Depending on where we stay, we're going to have to drive about that far or a little further to see it also.

DH just informed that it's going to work out for us to be near a location to view the solar eclipse. I'm so excited, because I thought we'd be in a part of the country that is far away from the path of totality. I can't order glasses online, because we'll be traveling the whole time between now & then. What stores or other locations have you found them? FWIW, we'll be in the Oxford, New Hampshire area at that time, but could drive to parts of Vermont & Maine too.
We got ours from a local shop that sells telescopes and cameras.

My parents went to TN in 2017 for the eclipse and said there were vendors all over selling glasses. They're flying to us in TX to see this one. The town we're going shows $2 viewing glasses on their website. So, I think you can probably buy in person, but you may want to look at area websites to see what places say they'll be offering.

My parents went to TN in 2017 for the eclipse and said there were vendors all over selling glasses. They're flying to us in TX to see this one. The town we're going shows $2 viewing glasses on their website. So, I think you can probably buy in person, but you may want to look at area websites to see what places say they'll be offering.
Just make sure they're really quality glasses.

Thanks. Good to know.
Just make sure they're really quality glasses.
Good tip.

I would suspect the demand would be greatest in the areas where the eclipse can be seen. I doubt anyone would be looking for them in a state that won't see the eclipse, so those stores wouldn't stock them. Many local stores in those viewing areas are selling them and have heard local libraries also have them. One problem if you wait until you arrive to look for them is stores will likely be sold out. No one will be buying them after the eclipse has ended, so I would imagine they don't want to get stuck with a large inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter