• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where did you get your ipod touch??

gracie1

DIS Veteran
I am getting ready to make the splurge and get one, but was wondering if everyone bought theirs through apple?? I was thinking of ordering off of amazon (price is cheaper) for the new ipod touch 32gb. Does it make a difference ordering through amazon vs. directly off of apple.com?? If something happened would I still be able to call apple and have them replace it on the warranty?
Thanks!!

The warranty doesn't change, but if you buy it through Apple they will do engraving for free, and I think shipping is free, too, but you'll need to verify that.

I just bought mine on Amazon.com. I also bought an extended warranty from Amazon for three years. Apple will cover for the first year. For us, Apple has always been very good as far as their warranty, no matter where the product was from. HTH.

i bought mine from amazon this past january...i went with the 64g plus free shipping...haven't had a probably with it yet...works great...love it!!

Is there any difference getting the refurbished from apple vs a new one elsewhere?? Apple says it has the same warranty?

Bought mine at Amazon on black friday, but didn't open it until Christmas. It was defective and they knew I had activated it on Dec. 25 so that was the start of the warranty. So it doesn't matter where you buy it or when you buy it, but when you start using it until a year later that will show up on your Ipod as under warranty.

We have 2, we bought them both at Best Buy. We also bought the BB warranty which covers the iTouch no matter what happens, if it gets wet, the screen breaks, it stops working, etc etc, it gets replaced. :)

Apple online, refurbished. Great price, and they are still warrantied for a year.

Apple refurbs rock; I've purchased 2 of the 32's and 1 of the 64's and you simply cant tell they are not new !! And the standard warranty is the same.

I also recommend the AppleCare protection plan. You can buy one of them for the Touch for about $30 on eBay. It extends the warranty by 2 years and allows for unlimited calls to Apple support. I've called them for help with the Touch itself, iTunes, backing up my content, and other issues.

if you purchase with a credit card, MOST c/c's offer a free warranty just by buying the item with the c/c. It can be anywhere from 3-5 years after the manuf. warranty expires. There's no need to buy an extended warranty.
Also, buy a Zune HD. IMO, a much better media player than ipod. And it's software is far less of a resource hog than itunes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter