Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

But hardly any have been bought back, so I’d be bidding low and waiting for someone to sell. I did see a trend down from last winter if you look back on lowest passed over the fall and summer compared to last fall and winter.

Does anyone think Animal Kingdom resale prices will drop any time soon?
I think they will all drop relatively speaking but it's difficult to say how soon. Maybe 1-2 years. And likely not a ton but it's difficult to say. I wouldn't wait to buy in if hoping for a price drop if it makes sense otherwise to buy now.

Its all about supply and demand. If more AKL gets listed the price will go down. If supply stays low and demand is high, prices won’t drop. If you can wait until December/January, I’d at least wait that long. I don’t think there is much risk that prices will rise much between now and then, but there is a real possibility they will come down. Traditional wisdom is that more people list DVC contracts when the dues come out in December.

Its all about supply and demand. If more AKL gets listed the price will go down. If supply stays low and demand is high, prices won’t drop. If you can wait until December/January, I’d at least wait that long. I don’t think there is much risk that prices will rise much between now and then, but there is a real possibility they will come down. Traditional wisdom is that more people list DVC contracts when the dues come out in December.
I agree. For what it's worth, I've been tracking inventory (somewhat) since covid started. Listings on a few major sites for AKL has doubled since August. Not that it really means much since inventory was really low before and is still relatively low now, but listings do seem to be increasing for that specific resort.

I agree. For what it's worth, I've been tracking inventory (somewhat) since covid started. Listings on a few major sites for AKL has doubled since August. Not that it really means much since inventory was really low before and is still relatively low now, but listings do seem to be increasing for that specific resort.

Likewise, I’ve been following for a year and have seen AKV go from low $100’s up to the $140’s. Currently trending around $130’s now. I’m looking to add-on at CCV or even POLY, but might hold out until end of year as I could see prices drop when dues come and greater uncertainty with economy.

Likewise, I’ve been following for a year and have seen AKV go from low $100’s up to the $140’s. Currently trending around $130’s now. I’m looking to add-on at CCV or even POLY, but might hold out until end of year as I could see prices drop when dues come and greater uncertainty with economy.
$140s?! No way would I pay that. Ya’ll there are four on fidelity with extra banked points listed at $107, $107, $108, $109. There are another three listed for under $120. They have a couple in mid one twenties. I don’t know where everyone on here is shopping but don’t overpay for AKV. You can usually take $10 off of list which puts you in high $90s!!

$140s?! No way would I pay that. Ya’ll there are four on fidelity with extra banked points listed at $107, $107, $108, $109. There are another three listed for under $120. They have a couple in mid one twenties. I don’t know where everyone on here is shopping but don’t overpay for AKV. You can usually take $10 off of list which puts you in high $90s!!

Oh hell no would I pay that! Now selling at the highs, yes I’d entertain it. I grabbed a 100 pt full point contract starting 2020 for $109 back in Jan. which was asking $117. So I was happy.

Really good points made in that article especially about the demand for rooms in 2022.

We have been thinking about adding on but we have paused that thought due to we don't know what the economy is going to do. I am less confidant about my job now then I was three months ago and I don't work in a sector that has been impacted by the shutdowns.

Thank you for sharing!

With the near-complete obliteration of live entertainment at the parks, it's now becoming clear that WDW will never be the same again. Even if they wanted to return it to its former glory, it will take a very long time to recover all of the blood in the streets right now and institutional knowledge that is now possibly lost forever.

I think it's possible that once DVC owners make their return to the parks, the value of DVC points may become tarnished in the eyes of many of these owners who fear that their vacation spot has become just a local theme park on steroids. I'm not saying all hope is lost... but you really have to squint hard to see the path forward from here if the live entertainment was a big draw for you.

I think it's possible that once DVC owners make their return to the parks, the value of DVC points may become tarnished in the eyes of many of these owners who fear that their vacation spot has become just a local theme park on steroids. I'm not saying all hope is lost... but you really have to squint hard to see the path forward from here if the live entertainment was a big draw for you.
This makes me very sad. I really, really hope you are wrong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter