Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

We have not found the transportation on buses to be that much more of a pain than some other resorts.
This was my experience last fall. MK was a bit of a hike but the rides to the other 3 parks were plenty fast and only making at most 2 stops (Kidani and Jambo) was great.

Some big drop offs in VGF and BWV pricing, not sure on volumes here, but worth monitoring that trend

Its all the details. If you look at the listings that have sold and I had looked some as well the contracts at BWV selling on their site are typically larger 300+ points and thus cheaper and driving down average prices. It doesn't accurately account for the market though as those bigger contracts are likely trying to be unloaded.

Maybe people are looking at those larger contracts but I think the better measure are on the 150 point contracts or the median price.

By the way I am not in denial and said since page maybe 2 that the pricing is going to go down likely (I sold 2 BWV smaller contracts back in March/April even). I just don't think the information is correctly positioned to draw a proper conclusion.

This was my experience last fall. MK was a bit of a hike but the rides to the other 3 parks were plenty fast and only making at most 2 stops (Kidani and Jambo) was great.

I had I can't remember like 10-15 different busses (we did 1.5 parks per day) during 9 park day stay that were like an hour long.

The other poster said not as worse as other resorts? Well the point is something like BWV, BCV, RIV can go to two parks without any busses / VGF, POLY, BLT is one park and sort of two with Epcot / CCV, WVL can go to one park without a bus.

I may be wrong buy I would also venture a guess that people go to MK the most, Epcot/HS next, and then AK the least of all the parks. So the proximity AKV has is to the least visited park likely for many families.

Just putting context to my thought that you really need to stay at AKV before you buy there.

Its all the details. If you look at the listings that have sold and I had looked some as well the contracts at BWV selling on their site are typically larger 300+ points and thus cheaper and driving down average prices. It doesn't accurately account for the market though as those bigger contracts are likely trying to be unloaded.

Maybe people are looking at those larger contracts but I think the better measure are on the 150 point contracts or the median price.

By the way I am not in denial and said since page maybe 2 that the pricing is going to go down likely (I sold 2 BWV smaller contracts back in March/April even). I just don't think the information is correctly positioned to draw a proper conclusion.
Yes, completely agree, that would be a fairer comparison to use 150-175 contracts.
And also look at total points available to adjust for stripped and loaded contracts.
Nevertheless this is interesting to see.

I had I can't remember like 10-15 different busses (we did 1.5 parks per day) during 9 park day stay that were like an hour long.

The other poster said not as worse as other resorts? Well the point is something like BWV, BCV, RIV can go to two parks without any busses / VGF, POLY, BLT is one park and sort of two with Epcot / CCV, WVL can go to one park without a bus.

I may be wrong buy I would also venture a guess that people go to MK the most, Epcot/HS next, and then AK the least of all the parks. So the proximity AKV has is to the least visited park likely for many families.

Just putting context to my thought that you really need to stay at AKV before you buy there.
That is absolutely true. I think that the extent to which resort transportation matters depends greatly on the person, and is lessened greatly once kids don't need a midday break anymore.

Since Pandora opened AK has been #2 in attendance, with Epcot 3rd. MK had roughly 2x the attendance of DHS in 2018, according to TEA/AECOM (2019 numbers are not available yet).

I‘ve never spent more than 25 mins on an AKL bus

Thats 25 mins ON the bus and 1 hour WAITING for a bus. If you never waited more than 25 mins for a bus I want to know your secret. Even watching the timers on the app for bus arrivals would see busses delayed. When coming back from the parks there is no timer then on arrival time.

Thats 25 mins ON the bus and 1 hour WAITING for a bus. If you never waited more than 25 mins for a bus I want to know your secret. Even watching the timers on the app for bus arrivals would see busses delayed. When coming back from the parks there is no timer then on arrival time.
Ok, makes sense, I actually found OKW, POFQ and YC worse for buses.

That is absolutely true. I think that the extent to which resort transportation matters depends greatly on the person, and is lessened greatly once kids don't need a midday break anymore.

Since Pandora opened AK has been #2 in attendance, with Epcot 3rd. MK had roughly 2x the attendance of DHS in 2018, according to TEA/AECOM (2019 numbers are not available yet).

I am thinking more long term as AK is unlikely to see any addition or changes now for another 5-10 years when they possibly redo the dino area.

Its interesting to see that uptick but I have to think HS is blowing it out of the water in 2020 now. Epcot probably is slightly lagging but will surpass AK easily once they drop Ratatouille and Guardians. Plus the complete redo of the park as well that will be done in the next couple years.

In 5 years time AK will be at the bottom.

Some big drop offs in VGF and BWV pricing, not sure on volumes here, but worth monitoring that trend
I love how the headline says prices are up when year over year AKL is flat, BLT is down 5.4%, BCV is down 4.6%, BWV is down 12%., CCV is down 2.6%, VGF is down 11.8%, OKW is 7.7%, PVB is down 5.2% ,SSR is basically flat, AUL is down 12.9%, HHI is down 7.9% and Vero is down 5.9%. The only thing up is BRV 7.5% and VGC up 11.8%.

If you go by 12 month high everything is down and with the exception of VGC, CCV, and AKL down significantly.

AKL down 2.6%
BLT don 7.2%
BCV down 7.2%
BWV down 15.8%
BRV down 8.2%
CCV down 4.5%
VGF down 16.9
OKW down 11.1%
PVB down 5.2%
SSR down 5.6%
Aulani down 12.9%
VGC down 2.4%
HHI down 18%
Vero down 17.9%

I’ve stayed at AKL Jambo a few times and must be the luckiest person alive when it comes to using the bus. Never wait that long for a bus and the trips aren’t that long.

Not sure if it makes much difference but we are usually at the parks 45-60 minutes before rope drop and then back to the resort in the 12-2 range. The next bus we take out is for a pm park probably in the 5-6 range.

So maybe it’s a timing thing for us?

With that said, my favorite resort from a purely location perspective is BWV.

I’ve stayed at AKL Jambo a few times and must be the luckiest person alive when it comes to using the bus. Never wait that long for a bus and the trips aren’t that long.

Not sure if it makes much difference but we are usually at the parks 45-60 minutes before rope drop and then back to the resort in the 12-2 range. The next bus we take out is for a pm park probably in the 5-6 range.

So maybe it’s a timing thing for us?

With that said, my favorite resort from a purely location perspective is BWV.
We haven't had bus issues at AKV either. I've actually found it to be one of the best for bus service. Of course we enjoy walking to parks or taking a boat but it's certainly not a reason that I wouldn't stay at AKV.

Ok, makes sense, I actually found OKW, POFQ and YC worse for buses.
Weird how some experiences can be so different. I loved both POFQ and AKL and would stay at either again. We went to both during Easter. I remember nice, empty relaxing bus rides at POFQ, but standing with kids in my arms thisclose to other people on AKL buses.

Comparing Bus delays to the monorail would be interesting. I've always felt that the monorail resorts to Epcot 'advantage' is overstated. In fact I would be willing to bet that on average a bus would be faster from AKL to Epcot than the monorail from GFV/BLT/Poly to Epcot.
Does anyone else feel like those average resale prices are inflated? $140's for BLT right now? $117 for BWV? I'm sure buyers could do better.

I think the broker that publishes that data tends to have higher prices than some other, so yes, I think those prices trend a bit high.

Weird how some experiences can be so different. I loved both POFQ and AKL and would stay at either again. We went to both during Easter. I remember nice, empty relaxing bus rides at POFQ, but standing with kids in my arms thisclose to other people on AKL buses.
It maybe we were unlucky with POFQ, it was 8 years ago now and a lot of buses shared with POR and they had a few stops, very rainy so Boats often not operating. Also, waiting a long time for them to arrive at parks. This was also before electronic bus time arrivals were displayed.

Comparing Bus delays to the monorail would be interesting. I've always felt that the monorail resorts to Epcot 'advantage' is overstated. In fact I would be willing to bet that on average a bus would be faster from AKL to Epcot than the monorail from GFV/BLT/Poly to Epcot.
Does anyone else feel like those average resale prices are inflated? $140's for BLT right now? $117 for BWV? I'm sure buyers could do better.
AKL to Epcot bus about 12-15mins. If you assume similar wait time then not that much slower than monorail from TTC.
PVB has the advantage of walking to Ticket centre to get Epcot monorail, I think you could even walk there from VGF but someone may correct me on that. BLT, no chance, that would be 2 monorails. The big offset for BLT walking to MK. Also cheaper dues and lower point chart.
I would love to own at BCV/BWV as well as AKL but just put off by early expiry.

Not a fan of AK simply due to total lack of ability to walk and run outside (no paths etc) but it’s bus service is very good.

By far the worst bus service on property is Contemporary/ Wilderness (often shared) to HWS and Boardwalk to MK (when shared with Swan). Both of these can be full, lacking in buses, and long journeys.

It maybe we were unlucky with POFQ, it was 8 years ago now and a lot of buses shared with POR and they had a few stops, very rainy so Boats often not operating. Also, waiting a long time for them to arrive at parks. This was also before electronic bus time arrivals were displayed.
Yeah I think what happened is that even though it was Easter and *should* have been busier, POFQ had its own bus when we went, and since the resort is so small it didn’t matter that it was Easter, the bus was empty.

At AKL on the other hand, the bus was shared between Jambo/Kidani, and that’s (one of) the busiest times of year.

Our travel agent at the time suggested POFQ during busy times. I guess she was right on for us!

That said the buses weren’t a big deal for us. Yes they were crowded but too many pros to focus on that one con. I’d still buy AKL! Those morning coffee and evening wine views are worth it (and we had a standard room).

Easter is insanely busy anyway so I’m sure bussing is better any other time of the year (well maybe besides Christmas)..

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter