Where in in FLA/CALI can Canadians get a COVID TEST

Honestly I feel like a crazy person doing this trip now knowing my return relies on a neg test...all signs point to maybe don't go but here we are, gearing up to leave next week. I wish I could read some stories or reports from Canadians who have gone lately or are there!! Are we the only crazy people trying to navigate this mess???? lol
I feel the same way! It seems like all the reports back are from people going to Orlando. I think I have our testing narrowed down to CVS or City Hall. I'd really prefer the rapid test so I'm not worrying about the results not coming back in time. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip! I just took DD13 for her second vaccine dose so we'll all be fully vaccinated at least and I've stocked up on some kn95 masks for the trip as well.

Spoken like a true disney veteran... between booking for fastpasses, ADRs, and boarding groups I guess this is nothing new. We would have to book 2 separate tests since you can only book 2 at a time.

I would be looking to book for Thursday, August 19. So it looks like I would be able to book on the Monday. Going to keep and eye on this but this may be too much for me.
Appointments seem to refresh at 9:30pm. They come in 1 location at a time though amd some of the more popular spots book up quite quickly and now seem to only be offered 2 days in advance.

This is also a mess for me. I'm solo traveling to cali from 24th to 27th, going in the parks 25th and 26th. I'll be in the resort around 18h on that 24th so i'm stressing over the fact of not having the results on time. And in a wonderful world, i'd choose the no cost way. but man the window to get tested is short, i'd have to do it in the morning of the 25th before going to the parks. And all that taxi thing, it's just stressing me up since i'm alone.

By the way my first plan was to get tested at the airport in the morning for $$,but do you guys think the review of MCU we had here applies to LAX ? Feels like city hall is pricer than the airport.

This is also a mess for me. I'm solo traveling to cali from 24th to 27th, going in the parks 25th and 26th. I'll be in the resort around 18h on that 24th so i'm stressing over the fact of not having the results on time. And in a wonderful world, i'd choose the no cost way. but man the window to get tested is short, i'd have to do it in the morning of the 25th before going to the parks. And all that taxi thing, it's just stressing me up since i'm alone.

By the way my first plan was to get tested at the airport in the morning for $$,but do you guys think the review of MCU we had here applies to LAX ? Feels like city hall is pricer than the airport.
I am not quite sure what we will do either. We are scheduled to be in California August 14th to the 20th. I have booked a test at the CVS on Katella on the 17th. It cost nothing to schedule and it is possible to book a few weeks out. I might try to give them a call.

We might book at City Hall for piece of mind. It is a hard decision since there do not seem to be recent reports from other Canadians and testing in Anaheim. I will update with our experience.

We do not want to wait until the airport. We are both fully vaccinated, but just in case there is a rare breakthrough infection.... we rather test on Day3 than Day6.

Which option is the no cost one near Disneyland?

To add in to the frenzy, major cruise lines are adding requirements for negative test results for everyone, vaccinated or not, within 72 hours of boarding. Our CVS here just north of the world are telling people results will be back in two to three days😳. I know my friends trying to get tested to cruise here in Florida are scrambling.

CVS on Katella. Results in 1 to 2 days... but not guaranteed. Might just budget for City Hall. 150$ per person for PCR with results in 24h.
You might want to double check on that. Someone else called them and was told we had to pay if the testing was for travel. It was a few weeks back and I can't remember offhand even which thread it was but I want to say it's $129 or something? I was thinking CVS as well but I might just pay for the 24h option at City Hall for peace of mind.

You might want to double check on that. Someone else called them and was told we had to pay if the testing was for travel. It was a few weeks back and I can't remember offhand even which thread it was but I want to say it's $129 or something? I was thinking CVS as well but I might just pay for the 24h option at City Hall for peace of mind.
It wasn't clear whether or not it was free. I filled out the form and made an appointment, but was going to call. I know that the free test is not good for Hawaii... not sure for Canada. We definitely are ready to pay if needed... I agree that City Hall might be a better option for peace of mind and rapid results.

I’m stressing about the same thing! We’re going to be in DL from the 21-23, take a day off on the 24th for work, then back to DL on the 25th. We fly out on the 26th and have PCR tests booked for 9:30 am at LAX, but I would be much happier with getting our tests done on the 24th at city hall. The only thing that’s stopping me is I can‘t seem to find whether it’s drive thru only, like it is at the CVS on Katella. Does anyone know? Also, do they email your results?

It wasn't clear whether or not it was free. I filled out the form and made an appointment, but was going to call. I know that the free test is not good for Hawaii... not sure for Canada. We definitely are ready to pay if needed... I agree that City Hall might be a better option for peace of mind and rapid results.
It does say in at least two places on the city hall website that testing for travel is not free.

It does say in at least two places on the city hall website that testing for travel is not free.
I was refering to the cvs testing. We ended up canceling our possibly free cvs test and booked through City Hall. The cost is 150$... about what I expect for a PCR test. Results are guaranteed by end of next day. I feel a little less stressed about testing now!

I’m stressing about the same thing! We’re going to be in DL from the 21-23, take a day off on the 24th for work, then back to DL on the 25th. We fly out on the 26th and have PCR tests booked for 9:30 am at LAX, but I would be much happier with getting our tests done on the 24th at city hall. The only thing that’s stopping me is I can‘t seem to find whether it’s drive thru only, like it is at the CVS on Katella. Does anyone know? Also, do they email your results?
We’re using the City Hall testing at the beginning of September. According to the FAQ on their website, City Hall is not drive through and they send results via email and to your phone.

HOW WILL I GET MY RESULTS?

A copy of the test result will be sent to the email and phone number you
provide during online patient registration.

CAN ARRIVE BY FOOT/ WALK UP?

Absolutely! Nearly all of our sites are able to accommodate walk-ups and bike-ups.

We’re using the City Hall testing at the beginning of September. According to the FAQ on their website, City Hall is not drive through and they send results via email and to your phone.

HOW WILL I GET MY RESULTS?

A copy of the test result will be sent to the email and phone number you
provide during online patient registration.

CAN ARRIVE BY FOOT/ WALK UP?

Absolutely! Nearly all of our sites are able to accommodate walk-ups and bike-ups.
This is great, thank you!! Just what I needed to hear! Has anyone done the pcr testing through city hall and got their results reliably in the 24 hours? I feel much better about getting our tests done earlier rather than at the airport, just in case….

I was refering to the cvs testing. We ended up canceling our possibly free cvs test and booked through City Hall. The cost is 150$... about what I expect for a PCR test. Results are guaranteed by end of next day. I feel a little less stressed about testing now!
Oh, sorry about that! I misunderstood. :)
I think that’s the option we’ll go with as well. Less stress is definitely what’s needed here!!

I am not quite sure what we will do either. We are scheduled to be in California August 14th to the 20th. I have booked a test at the CVS on Katella on the 17th. It cost nothing to schedule and it is possible to book a few weeks out. I might try to give them a call.

We might book at City Hall for piece of mind. It is a hard decision since there do not seem to be recent reports from other Canadians and testing in Anaheim. I will update with our experience.

We do not want to wait until the airport. We are both fully vaccinated, but just in case there is a rare breakthrough infection.... we rather test on Day3 than Day6.

I'll be there @ the same time :) We booked City Hall, the stress of trying to take an Uber through a drive through was too much for me, plus no guaranteed turn around time. I was originally going to wait for the airport too.

I have to test on day 5. Hoping for the best, fully vaxxed and masked up!

I'll be there @ the same time :) We booked City Hall, the stress of trying to take an Uber through a drive through was too much for me, plus no guaranteed turn around time. I was originally going to wait for the airport too.

I have to test on day 5. Hoping for the best, fully vaxxed and masked up!
Please report back with your experience at the City Hall testing site! :)

Ok thanks for your answers. I guess i'll go with city hall too. That's pretty near from the Clarion Hotel i'll be staying at. I'll take the appointment at 7am, i guess i'll be able to be at the park opening at 8am ?.

In a way it's better that way. I'll be tested before coming on the 23rd, will be as much as possible distanced in the transports on the 24th, and having my test on 25th's morning, the risk is lower that i catch something that would stick me the a no return for 2 weeks than if i did it on the 27th after 2 full day at the parks. And having the result early would be less last second panic if it's positive.

I think we'll be booking at city hall as well. Our flight gets in at 12:40pm on the 16th, so by the time we get our luggage and then the shuttle to the hotel, I'm guessing it'll be approx. 2:30pm, so I'm thinking I'm going to book the appointments for 3:00pm-ish (our flight leaves LAX on the 19th at 1:25pm..

We're only at DL for the weekend, and it sucks that we have to take time out to get tested, however at least if we do it the first day it'll just be one less thing to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter