• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

This is from a deluxe resort and it is just off of the lobby.

Wow, what are your favorite things to do at Epcot? I love the American stuff. Have you seen the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square?

Contemporary? It has been a couple of years since I have been in the American Adventure. I have been in the Hall of Presidents once since it reopened

Wow, what are your favorite things to do at Epcot? I love the American stuff. Have you seen the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square?

I have not been in the Hall of Presidents since I was a teen and that was a LONGGGGGG time ago, lol.

Ed took my first guess, so other thoughts are Poly, Beach or Yacht clubs?

I have not been in the Hall of Presidents since I was a teen and that was a LONGGGGGG time ago, lol.

I have never been to the one in Disney World :) and I think I have only been to the one in Disneyland once too lol

same with the American pavilion I have never been inside only outside for food lol

Arrived back home at 10 AM...we are ZOMBIES! :faint: I'd been going 28 straight hours when we walked in the door :faint:; went straight to our bedroom and took an hour nap...didn't even take my shoes off! :rotfl: Redstorm had a doctors appointment at 2; open "voluntary" :rotfl2: gym work tonight from 6-7:30 and busy making her requested "comfort food" Chicken Squash soup for dinner. AWESOME trip...especially our little "DisBoards" get together Saturday evening but YES...did it EVER rain Sunday!!! More on that later; DH kept track and he walked 41 MILES...I'm thinking I had at minimum 5 miles more during my "private shopping time". :goodvibes Flight of Passage was AMAZING :jumping1:...DH wants "one of those at home" :thumbsup2! Was a little concerned after Jeff's review but NO issues at all! We rode it twice; managed to ride Slinky Dog THREE TIMES by doing 7 AM rope drop ... one of the reasons we're all "zombies"...to many EARLY morning rope drops and EMH evenings! Slinky Dog is SO MUCH FUN; we'd have ridden it again but line was growing after the 3rd time and we wanted to try Alien Saucers (glad I did it once but won't do it again) and Toy Story Mania twice...all before 9 AM! Had a nice, long visit with Diane and her DH at our resort one afternoon...after our first "accidental" meeting at Soarin' during rope drop. We were lined up and looked over into next queue section and recognized them immediately! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I'll get caught up on the missed pages later this evening...:tink:

Arrived back home at 10 AM...we are ZOMBIES! :faint: I'd been going 28 straight hours when we walked in the door :faint:; went straight to our bedroom and took an hour nap...didn't even take my shoes off! :rotfl: Redstorm had a doctors appointment at 2; open "voluntary" :rotfl2: gym work tonight from 6-7:30 and busy making her requested "comfort food" Chicken Squash soup for dinner. AWESOME trip...especially our little "DisBoards" get together Saturday evening but YES...did it EVER rain Sunday!!! More on that later; DH kept track and he walked 41 MILES...I'm thinking I had at minimum 5 miles more during my "private shopping time". :goodvibes Flight of Passage was AMAZING :jumping1:...DH wants "one of those at home" :thumbsup2! Was a little concerned after Jeff's review but NO issues at all! We rode it twice; managed to ride Slinky Dog THREE TIMES by doing 7 AM rope drop ... one of the reasons we're all "zombies"...to many EARLY morning rope drops and EMH evenings! Slinky Dog is SO MUCH FUN; we'd have ridden it again but line was growing after the 3rd time and we wanted to try Alien Saucers (glad I did it once but won't do it again) and Toy Story Mania twice...all before 9 AM! Had a nice, long visit with Diane and her DH at our resort one afternoon...after our first "accidental" meeting at Soarin' during rope drop. We were lined up and looked over into next queue section and recognized them immediately! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I'll get caught up on the missed pages later this evening...:tink:
Welcome back!!! Glad you had a good trip! Hope you recover well.

Good morning :coffee:. Is it where you hear the conversations behind the closed doors? If I remember correctly, there's a section you walk through with a few closed doors that appear to be the offices of each Dr. Looks like the shadow of a telephone...

:yay: You described the door exactly! :yay:

i-2Mn7qMp-XL.jpg
:tink:

No balloon ride this trip. Next trip since Diane said they will stay at AoA.

Saturday there was some early rain driving up there and then yesterday it rained quite a lot. I was watching radar from home. Got everything they did a few hours later.

This radar was at 5:30 and after they had already received some heavy storms. All that mess to the northwest of Orlando was heading right towards them. View attachment 339074
Bummer!!
I still don't know if we will ever stay at a value. I always here mixed reviews, I suppose it all depends on the person and time on year. last thing is I want to stay at the value when there are a bunch of high school kids there for band or cheerleading. or maybe I do lol

I know they have gotten much betting in the past few years thou. and I would like to check out AOA one day but still don't know if I would want to stay there.

and that does suck about the poly. I wonder why you can hear the people next door. I have never here our neighbours in any of the resorts we have stayed at before

We stayed (for the first time) in a value last month (All Star Sports). We added a day last minute to our plans, but couldn’t secure an extra night at the Poly. Perhaps it was because we had a flight delay and didn’t get to our room until almost 3AM... perhaps because we had just ‘one of those days’... The bed felt just that good... and the grounds were adorable! So fun! Then we headed to the Poly... oh, I was missing the bed at the All Star. Just could not get comfortable at all. But I still love the way I feel transported to an island in the Pacific every time I’m there (Dole Whip helps - ALOT).:banana:

I just read there was an explosion in Belville, TX! Is that where you live Karolyn? Hope you and all your friends, family and pets are okay!!

I think it is or Brenham. One of the 2

So scary!! I read an article that it was a rural gas plant. No reported injuries, thank God!

Yes Denise...this explosion was in Bellville...and Ed...good memory :thumbsup2...I'm originally from Brenham. We got the news report while waiting to board for Orlando! DH has done remodeling work in the office; in fact, he also built the original owners home...a BEAUTIFUL, large home located on his ranch not far from the plant. He sold the plant a few years ago when he became ill and decided to retire. They are a wholesale supplier of acetylene and employ quite a few local residents. Redstorm's best friends Dad is in management at the plant. She immediately sent a text to her but didn't receive word until we'd landed in Orlando; the explosion happened before office personnel reported for work. A few minutes later youngest DD sent this picture to us...

Bellville+Gas+Explosion+WEB.JPG

DH's brother does some welding at the plant on an "as needed" basis. Haven't checked our local news yet but last we heard there were no serious injuries but a few firemen were transported to local hospital. Fumes and the heat were a little to much for some of them....there was a high in our area of 106 last week! Very, very lucky they got things under control when they did...could have been a REAL disaster! :tink:

No balloon ride this trip. Next trip since Diane said they will stay at AoA.

Saturday there was some early rain driving up there and then yesterday it rained quite a lot. I was watching radar from home. Got everything they did a few hours later.

This radar was at 5:30 and after they had already received some heavy storms. All that mess to the northwest of Orlando was heading right towards them. View attachment 339074

...and thanks for the updates you sent ME! :worship: Between you and youngest DD I knew I HAD to get back to the POP ASAP! I was at Ample Hills Creamery (LOVE that ice cream...had some Cotton Candy); finished my "afternoon snack" and walked out to Boardwalk and those BLACK clouds! :scared: Boat was no where in sight so I started the long walk back :faint:; wind, lightening & thunder started around the UK...wind was so strong there were "white caps" on the water and small tree limbs falling from the trees! Made it all the way across that side of the WS and FW and got to the bus stop when the light rain started. Got on the bus a few minutes later and the DOWNPOUR began! :umbrella::umbrella::umbrella: One of my many "rain adventures" of the week! :rolleyes1 :tink:

Contemporary? It has been a couple of years since I have been in the American Adventure. I have been in the Hall of Presidents once since it reopened

Ed took my first guess, so other thoughts are Poly, Beach or Yacht clubs?

I have never been to the one in Disney World :) and I think I have only been to the one in Disneyland once too lol

same with the American pavilion I have never been inside only outside for food lol

Boardwalk Inn?

This is from a deluxe resort and it is just off of the lobby. It is not from the Contemporary, the Poly, Beach or Yacht Clubs, or Boardwalk. I guess there are a lot of deluxe resorts!

Yes Denise...this explosion was in Bellville...and Ed...good memory :thumbsup2...I'm originally from Brenham. We got the news report while waiting to board for Orlando! DH has done remodeling work in the office; in fact, he also built the original owners home...a BEAUTIFUL, large home located on his ranch not far from the plant. He sold the plant a few years ago when he became ill and decided to retire. They are a wholesale supplier of acetylene and employ quite a few local residents. Redstorm's best friends Dad is in management at the plant. She immediately sent a text to her but didn't receive word until we'd landed in Orlando; the explosion happened before office personnel reported for work. A few minutes later youngest DD sent this picture to us...

Bellville+Gas+Explosion+WEB.JPG

DH's brother does some welding at the plant on an "as needed" basis. Haven't checked our local news yet but last we heard there were no serious injuries but a few firemen were transported to local hospital. Fumes and the heat were a little to much for some of them....there was a high in our area of 106 last week! Very, very lucky they got things under control when they did...could have been a REAL disaster! :tink:

Welcome back!! Glad you had a good time!! And got to see Diane and Ed. Hope to see some pictures!

Glad no one was hurt at this explosion!! :eek:

Loved AoA resort. Loved all the room we had and having two bathrooms was great. I would definitely stay there again. Kids loved it. Our room was ready when we arrived at noon and our magic bands worked Checked into Poly at noon room wasn’t ready said they would text when ready. Never got a text went to desk st 5:30 to check they told me room was ready an hour ago. :headache: Let him know I was not happy he really didn’t seem to care. Our magic bands wouldn’t work for anything at the Poly he didn’t know why they wouldn’t work. There is no AC in the restrooms in the lobby or by the pool. The restroom in the lobby only had one sink that wasn’t clogged up. Lamp doesn’t work in our room and no cable. Walks are paper tin and people next door are noisy as heck. Not impressed at all. Kids want to go back to AOA. I do too. Don days we are not moving resorts again. I guess since we are at MK tomorrow and have Ohana reservations. We all agree next time we will stay at AoA.

Hey I just got a text our room is ready:sad2:

Wow... I would have expected more from the Poly, Diane. That’s a shame. Poly has been one of our favorites, but something about it seems to have lost its luster for us. Can’t put my finger on it. To us, the beds are not comfortable at all. The beds at the All Star Sports was far more comfortable in my opinion. Enjoy the rest of your stay!! :smickey:

I still don't know if we will ever stay at a value. I always here mixed reviews, I suppose it all depends on the person and time on year. last thing is I want to stay at the value when there are a bunch of high school kids there for band or cheerleading. or maybe I do lol

I know they have gotten much betting in the past few years thou. and I would like to check out AOA one day but still don't know if I would want to stay there.

and that does suck about the poly. I wonder why you can hear the people next door. I have never here our neighbours in any of the resorts we have stayed at before

The all-star resorts is what you want to avoid during certain times. They can be crazy. I love POP Century and don't see those groups there when I have gone in the past. Been then again I usually go when there are the running events.

Hope things improved at the Poly Diane! The "original" part of the Poly must need an update; no excuse for the thin walls...not at those prices! Glad to hear you liked AoA. My only complaint was the long walk to the Mermaid section after a long day in the park; you were in the Cars section which was a little closer to the front. It's good to have another in "my camp" :rotfl: when it comes to the values! Yes, they are "values", especially compared to the WL :rotfl: but IMO there is nothing wrong with them! Ohana...you are SO right on the beds :cloud9:...they're WONDERFUL! Not crazy about the pillows (I started using a MyPillow the first part of the year and now every other pillow I have to use is a disappointment!) but we had 4 pillows on EACH bed at the POP! We were all able to "find the right fit" by combining them. :goodvibes I have never had an issue with "neighbors" at the values we've tried...All Star Music, AoA and now the POP. We had connecting rooms with DD and DGD's and didn't even hear when they walked out the door everyday if they left before we did. Never heard the showers running or the commodes flushing on either side of us! VERY well insulated. This last week, the POP was the "base resort" for the soccer teams participating in the International Youth Soccer Tournament. There were a LOT of groups staying there...also had a group of students on a senior trip...and they were all well behaved. Not even crowded in the food service areas in the mornings since the soccer games started at different times; evenings were a little hectic but not any busier than most places in the parks. (By the way...Mobile Ordering is WONDERFUL!) I guess my only complaint would be the locations of the bus stops; at first it seemed like the POP's stop was ALWAYS the farthest away :headache: but then I realized that at some parks there were deluxe/DVC bus stops even FARTHER! If it comes down to going to Disney every year/2 years and staying at a value as opposed to going every 4/5 years and staying at a deluxe I'm choosing the "value option" every time! :rotfl::thumbsup2:rotfl: AND...yes...we have to save the balloon ride for another time :sad1:; last weeks weather put an end to that activity most of the week! :tink:

Welcome back!! Glad you had a good time!! And got to see Diane and Ed. Hope to see some pictures!

Glad no one was hurt at this explosion!! :eek:

Thanks...many new and special family...and friends memories. :goodvibes Didn't take a lot of pictures during our visits; Diane and her DH came over to the POP and we found a quiet corner to visit almost 2 hours :goodvibes and we all met at ABC Commissary on Saturday. We had a Photopass picture done on Hollywood on the way out (thanks for the link to the GOOFY shots Ed :goodvibes; now I need a group one. Forgot to register my band! :headache:) Started going through a few of my photos tonight during dinner. First memory card had 1,550 photos on it and I used 3-4 different ones...easier to find photos I'm searching for when the files are a little smaller! Hoping to get some ready tomorrow. :goodvibes :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter