• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

New one from me...

i-2cDnkMq-Th.jpg
:tink:

I still don't know if we will ever stay at a value. I always here mixed reviews, I suppose it all depends on the person and time on year. last thing is I want to stay at the value when there are a bunch of high school kids there for band or cheerleading. or maybe I do lol

I know they have gotten much betting in the past few years thou. and I would like to check out AOA one day but still don't know if I would want to stay there.

and that does suck about the poly. I wonder why you can hear the people next door. I have never here our neighbours in any of the resorts we have stayed at before

I didn’t think I would like staying at a value resort especially after staying deluxe but it didn’t really feel like a value resort. The suites are huge it’s nice to have your own bedroom and bathroom. The theming is definitely Disney Everywhere you look it’s Disney I’ll post pictures when I get home. The food court was very good and liked how they served food on real dishes not paper plates. The resort is very clean and mouse keeping always had the room clean in the morning unlike the Poly where they didn’t clean until late afternoon. The Poly is beautiful and love the convenience of the monorail and resort boats and the view of the castle is nice but we all decided next trip will be at AoA just hope it’s not 11 years from now hoping to go back in 2021 or 2022.

Last edited:

Thanks...many new and special family...and friends memories. :goodvibes Didn't take a lot of pictures during our visits; Diane and her DH came over to the POP and we found a quiet corner to visit almost 2 hours :goodvibes and we all met at ABC Commissary on Saturday. We had a Photopass picture done on Hollywood on the way out (thanks for the link to the GOOFY shots Ed :goodvibes; now I need a group one. Forgot to register my band! :headache:) Started going through a few of my photos tonight during dinner. First memory card had 1,550 photos on it and I used 3-4 different ones...easier to find photos I'm searching for when the files are a little smaller! Hoping to get some ready tomorrow. :goodvibes :tink:

Wow you took a lot of pictures. I took about half of what I took last time. I think it was all the rain. I didn’t take my camera out in the rain. We got way too much rain.

Thanks...many new and special family...and friends memories. :goodvibes Didn't take a lot of pictures during our visits; Diane and her DH came over to the POP and we found a quiet corner to visit almost 2 hours :goodvibes and we all met at ABC Commissary on Saturday. We had a Photopass picture done on Hollywood on the way out (thanks for the link to the GOOFY shots Ed :goodvibes; now I need a group one. Forgot to register my band! :headache:) Started going through a few of my photos tonight during dinner. First memory card had 1,550 photos on it and I used 3-4 different ones...easier to find photos I'm searching for when the files are a little smaller! Hoping to get some ready tomorrow. :goodvibes :tink:

Can't wait to see the group photo!!
Bay Lake Towers lounge area? :tink:

I figured Karolyn would recognize this since she has stay here. It's not in the lounge, they already guessed it was right off of the lobby. It's on the wall in the vestibule as you go through the doors.

DSC_1476 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/139908285@N07/

I didn’t think I would like staying at a value resort especially after staying deluxe but it didn’t really feel like a value resort. The suites are huge it’s nice to have your own bedroom and bathroom. The theming is definitely Disney Everywhere you look it’s Disney I’ll post pictures when I get home. The food court was very good and liked how they served food on real dishes not paper plates. The resort is very clean and mouse keeping always had the room clean in the morning unlike the Poly where they didn’t clean until late afternoon. The Poly is beautiful and love the convenience of the monorail and resort boats and the view of the castle is nice but we all decided next trip will be at AoA just hope it’s not 11 years from now hoping to go back in 2021 or 2022.

Wow you took a lot of pictures. I took about half of what I took last time. I think it was all the rain. I didn’t take my camera out in the rain. We got way too much rain.

:yay: 2021 or 2022 sounds great! The only thing that worried me about AoA for your family was the age of the kids; thought it might be to "childish" :goodvibes for them but I KNEW you'd like the 2 bathrooms and separate rooms! But after seeing the pictures of Step with Baymax :lovestruc and how excited she was I knew she was still a "kid when it came to Disney"...like we all are! So glad you gave the value resort a chance and excited you've come to the same conclusion I have..."they ain't so bad"! :rotfl2: Along with the fact that none of us spend much time at our resorts, it's a no-brainer for me if I'm doing "Disney on a budget". When the opportunity comes again, we'll stay at WL or the Poly again but not going to postpone a trip when that's not in the budget!

As for the pictures...I didn't get near the "detail" pictures I had hoped for. Traveling with this part of my family makes that impossible! :rolleyes1 It was like "pulling teeth" getting them to take Photopass pictures since I bought the Memory Maker. :headache: I even "kidnapped" a cast member in HS to pretend to be my granddaughter and take a picture in front of the Tower of Terror! :lmao: She and the photographer were SO funny and that was one of the best photos of the trip! I kept my camera in my bag or under my poncho but love taking rain pictures and have a LOT from this trip! The rain was a pain but we dealt with it but it was the DOWNPOURS (like Tuesday's when we were suppose to meet y'all in Germany) was scary! Way to much lightening/thunder for me when you're standing under an awning in Italy or Japan! :eek: Still expecting some crops from you though! ::yes:: Lots of opportunities at AoA, that's for sure! :tink:

If you look back a few pages I am planning another big family trip for Nov 2021 for the 50th anniversary. If all goes well there will be about 25 of us.

Right now for sure there is about 5 me, Emily James, the new addition which till be about 2 and my mom, we are going no matter what lol

Wow Lol our last trip I only took 38 pictures in total

We just spent the time enjoying everything and I was just not in the mood to take any pictures

Shame on you! :rotfl2: You're not going to get many crops from 38 pictures! Didn't get much of a chance to look for the "detail pictures" like I usually do :(...hard to do when you're dodging raindrops and/or TRYING TO KEEP UP with DD and DGD's! :faint: :tink:

Tiffin's in AK?

Toni says HS? ABC Comissary?

:wave2: Hi to Toni :goodvibes...SO enjoyed meeting her and LOVE the "entertaining pictures" the Photopass photographer captured of her (and me) :goodvibes Please send group photo we had done...I failed to have photographer add it to my Memory Maker! :headache: :tink:

DGD's birthday cake was delivered at the exact time I requested along with surprise birthday balloons and card from Mickey! :goodvibes Was surprised but super happy to see the soccer balls; when I called they could not find anything soccer related in their files but Elizabeth (the lady that made the cake) promised me she'd see what she could come up with! SO, SO good...white cake, white buttercream frosting and strawberry filling...enjoyed it every evening after returning from the parks! They were sound asleep when cake was delivered so DD had to wake them up; a little sluggish :rotfl: but managed a smile!

i-8QJNX7k-M.jpg
i-MfRCBQZ-M.jpg

i-KWnbWw8-L.jpg
:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter