• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

i-Gg528KD-S.jpg

:thumbsup2 This is from a shop in the UK; just tell me where. :goodvibes:tink:

:cheer2:Hopefully HS will open up. I've read crowds are very low and very low wait times. They were saying 10-15 minutes for FoP. Not sure I'd want to be going to FL or WDW now with their numbers spiking but there won't be that many people in the parks and they seem to be sanitizing things every few hours.
HS and Epcot are now open. i have seen alot of photos and the lines to get in to the parks are long and crowded but once you are in there is more room between everyone
ya i am not sure if i would want to travel to Florida right now too but thats just me

i have been seeing alot of videos and photos from the last few days and everyone inside the parks seem to be good at keeping there masks on and keeping their distance. its just getting to the parks and florida that is the scary part

Florida numbers are high but so are the numbers in Texas so the risk factor is about the same. Also read an "investigative report" out of the Orlando area stating that 300 labs have had 100% positive results...100%! :faint: That's a lot of "bogus positives"; odds say you wouldn't get "100% positive out of 5 labs" much less 300! Listening to a call in radio show today and a nurse called. She said when a nursing home resident tests positive the health authorities are adding numbers equal to THE ENTIRE NURSING HOME FACILITY! She said nurse are "so over this"; yes, there are a lot of cases but not near the numbers being reported publicly. I question the numbers nationwide but that's just my opinion. From what I can tell, Disney is doing an awesome job and you're right Diane...wait times are NOTHING! Sara checked around 11 this morning and FoP was a 5 MINUTE wait! She'll keep trying for HS and if not they'll keep going back to AK for FoP and EE. :goodvibes Heck...like she said...just being at WL is a "vacation"...except for the SNAKES! :rotfl2::tink:

Florida numbers are high but so are the numbers in Texas so the risk factor is about the same. Also read an "investigative report" out of the Orlando area stating that 300 labs have had 100% positive results...100%! :faint: That's a lot of "bogus positives"; odds say you wouldn't get "100% positive out of 5 labs" much less 300! Listening to a call in radio show today and a nurse called. She said when a nursing home resident tests positive the health authorities are adding numbers equal to THE ENTIRE NURSING HOME FACILITY! She said nurse are "so over this"; yes, there are a lot of cases but not near the numbers being reported publicly. I question the numbers nationwide but that's just my opinion. From what I can tell, Disney is doing an awesome job and you're right Diane...wait times are NOTHING! Sara checked around 11 this morning and FoP was a 5 MINUTE wait! She'll keep trying for HS and if not they'll keep going back to AK for FoP and EE. :goodvibes Heck...like she said...just being at WL is a "vacation"...except for the SNAKES! :rotfl2::tink:

That's just crazy 100% positive just doesn't make sense.

I couldn't imagine being at Disney and having to wear a mask all day but I would love to be there with hardly any people and NO wait times. Is it still one park per day or can you park hop?

That's just crazy 100% positive just doesn't make sense.

I couldn't imagine being at Disney and having to wear a mask all day but I would love to be there with hardly any people and NO wait times. Is it still one park per day or can you park hop?

Yes...100% positive makes NO sense no matter what anyone says! We've heard it on several TV news reports and seen it online...plus the radio for the past 3 days. Sara and Katie had good practice this past weekend in Galveston and a little for Allie when they'd go out in the early morning or evening with the mask experience. Temperature's have been 100+ all week...it's miserably hot 😳 and honestly...it hasn't been that bad. David and I went to the Strand in Galveston between 11 and 2 PM Thursday and my biggest problem was my glasses fogging up after we'd leave the air-conditioned shops. I was more than ready to take it off when we got in the car :rolleyes: but walking on the Strand wasn't as much of a problem as I thought it would be. I'm sure they'll visit the "relaxation zones" as much as possible though! Yes, it's just one park per day and they close SO early...like 6 or 7 PM, not really sure, so maybe 8 hours in a park a day less eating time. Hopefully they won't do rope drop, as I understand that's the "biggest crowded area" of the day. David had a fit when I told him :rotfl2: but Treavor is all for it. I just can't imagine almost WALKING ON to FoP! :faint: That just blows my mind! :faint::tink:

It's not the one they planned for but Allie is getting her graduation trip to Disney World after all! party: Sara got online this morning and got a studio at the WL, they still have active annual passes so they're leaving Sunday! :jumping1: Some friends of ours...and one of her former soccer teammates are leaving Saturday and staying at Ft. Wilderness so things are rapidly falling into place. Katie's best friend is from the same family so things are working out PERFECTLY! They weren't able to get into Hollywood Studios but she'll check daily; other family couldn't get HS either when they first went in to reserve and have since gotten a day. They'll stay with family in Baton Rouge Sunday night and be at DW by 6 PM on Monday! :faint: MAY even "stop at the beach" somewhere in Florida and pick up Allie's best friend who'll be vacationing there! Everything is last minute but it's all "coming together"! A "last hoorah" for Allie before she has to go into "isolation" August 1st before leaving for school! 😳:tink:
:cheer2:Hopefully HS will open up. I've read crowds are very low and very low wait times. They were saying 10-15 minutes for FoP. Not sure I'd want to be going to FL or WDW now with their numbers spiking but there won't be that many people in the parks and they seem to be sanitizing things every few hours.
HS and Epcot are now open. i have seen alot of photos and the lines to get in to the parks are long and crowded but once you are in there is more room between everyone
ya i am not sure if i would want to travel to Florida right now too but thats just me

i have been seeing alot of videos and photos from the last few days and everyone inside the parks seem to be good at keeping there masks on and keeping their distance. its just getting to the parks and florida that is the scary part

Hope Allie and everyone has a great time. I have watched some of the live streaming being done from all of the parks. Yes the crowds look great and everybody seems to be keeping their distance.

I agree with Jeff that being at Disney world right now is not for me either. I paid for my annual pass in full in the beginning. They have offered to refund the amount of time they were closed. A couple of days ago got an email that for those that wished to cancel the remaining time on their annual pass have that option to do so.

With the numbers going the way they are and not feeling very comfortable in any type of crowd, I am canceling my annual pass and taking the refund. My daughter and I agreed that we are skipping the 2021 Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Honestly it probably will be 2022 or latet before I get back up to the world.

Hope Allie and everyone has a great time. I have watched some of the live streaming being done from all of the parks. Yes the crowds look great and everybody seems to be keeping their distance.

I agree with Jeff that being at Disney world right now is not for me either. I paid for my annual pass in full in the beginning. They have offered to refund the amount of time they were closed. A couple of days ago got an email that for those that wished to cancel the remaining time on their annual pass have that option to do so.

With the numbers going the way they are and not feeling very comfortable in any type of crowd, I am canceling my annual pass and taking the refund. My daughter and I agreed that we are skipping the 2021 Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Honestly it probably will be 2022 or latet before I get back up to the world.

Well I'm going to try and talk you into coming to "the World" for dinner in June of 2021 to help us celebrate our 50th Anniversary! 🤵👰 My "anniversary wish" is to have our "celebration meal" at Prime Time with that divine chocolate peanut butter cake for dessert! :cloud9: If y'all skip the Princess Half Marathon you'll have an extra year to work on another fabulous costume! :worship: I wasn't happy with the crowds in Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land today :scared:; the rest of the park looked deserted and it was WAY to crowded in those areas. Sara watches things like that; she almost didn't let us watch Katie dance one evening last week when the performance area was more crowded than usual. It thinned out after awards and before the next group started so we were "allowed" to come in. :teeth: They'll be okay with more resort time if the parks look busy...they're staying flexible on the whole trip. Can't say I blame you for canceling the rest of your annual pass; it's not like you can do a "spur of the moment" visit during this time and you don't need a pass to go to Disney Springs to go up the balloon! :goodvibes:tink:

Plus the heat is unbearable right now plus having to wear a mask, no thank you. The heat index here in Central Fl has been 104-110 degrees with very high humidity which makes the air very thick, so when you wear a mask, its horrible.

Disney World may be the safest place to be with all their extra safety measures but getting there would be dangerous torture, at least for me. I flew from WA to VA yesterday. Spokane was moderately busy yet they only had one TSA lane working. I've never had to wait so long for security at Spokane.

I had upgraded my seat (on United) to Denver so that flight was pretty good.

Denver was packed! Just like the old days. 95% of people had masks. I didn't upgrade on the fright from Denver to Dulles. I was crammed in the back of the plane and even though the middle seat had been empty up until the time I signed in, here came some man from Africa who didn't understand flying or English. Thankfully, once the door closed, they allowed him to move to an empty aisle seat. I never would have made it with him literally touching me for 3 hours. I will have to pay extra for the upgrade on the way back.

Dulles wasn't crowded, it was midnight after all but it took me 30 min to get to the luggage claim, it's such a huge airport. I walked at least a mile and had to take a subway and 3 incredibly steep, long, (scary) escalators. But I had plenty of time. The luggage didn't get there until over an hour after the plane had landed! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter