• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Park, resort or other?

Crazy weather you are having.:crazy::cold: NH weather has flown south.:cold:

MY FAVORITE PICTURE TODAY ON FACEBOOK..."Due to the winter weather warning" for Tuesday, the State of Texas is................."

26231804_2268249303200797_3862325049114547192_n.jpg
:rotfl2:

Coldest weather in our area in the last 20 YEARS. I made a large pot of Chicken Squash Soup this afternoon for dinner tonight and leftovers for tomorrow in case we loose power (we could heat on wood stove or in fireplace)...until Redstorm came for dinner! :faint: She ate 2 full bowls and took half of it home for herself for tomorrow! :rotfl: Covered all my tropical plants this afternoon after putting Christmas lights around them for additional warmth...and then a tarp to protect the covers from the rain/ice/snow; both son-in-laws raided our firewood stash :rolleyes1 for firewood; DH brought an extra load home from his shop; his work place is closed tomorrow; SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED...and best of all SOCCER IS CANCELLED! :dancer::dance3::woohoo:! Major roads, bridges and interstates have been prepared for possible ice but Texas Department of Public Safety recommends "just staying home". 3 PM tomorrow afternoon our "real feel" is predicted to be 8 degrees so yes..."NH weather HAS flown south"! :lmao: :tink:

Last Thursday it was snowing. They had predicted a winter storm. I moved my Thursday lessons to Wed. I did everything I could do in town on Wed. and told band and brass I would not be there Thursday because of the snow storm.

So, it was snowing heavily about noon when a woman in a Chrysler convertible was going north on Hwy. 395. Just before Barstow (where I get on the "highway" and there is a little store) it is posted to go 45, there is a bridge and a curve. Well she took the curve at 60 - 70 mph. She made it over the bridge, lost control on the curve and went head on into a pick up truck that had just pulled out of the little Barstow store. She died on impact. 32 years old. 4 children. The 2 guys in the truck were hurt but not bad.

Lessons everyone should know

1) Stay home when it's snowing!!!
2) Do not speed when driving in the snow/ice! Pay attention to the warning/slow down signs!
3) Go below the speed limit when driving in unsafe conditions especially when going over bridges and around curves!

How SAD! :sad1: But also...HOW STUPID :rolleyes1...sounds like she wanted to commit suicide! Who would be driving 60-70 on a curve snowing or not? :confused3 Heavy snow to you is like the predicted "icy conditions" for us...and believe me, Texans do NOT know how to drive on ice. BUT...same thing...they drive "bat out of hell", hit an ice patch and plow their vehicle into some innocent person driving 30-40. :furious: DD wanted to close her shop tomorrow; she called her scheduled clients and 75% of them said they'd PREFER to bring their dogs in. #1...WHY do you want to bring your poor dog out in freezing weather and #2...TXDOT has recommended NO TRAVEL TOMORROW WHAT SO EVER! I know exactly what's going to happen...she'll drive in tomorrow under icy conditions, open the shop and the phone will be ringing off the wall, "we CAN'T/WON'T bring our dogs in today it's to nasty and cold". :furious: I told her she needed to call them tonight and tell them "MY MOMMY WON'T LET ME COME TO WORK TOMORROW"! :rotfl2: :tink:

Received a FUNNY message from the mother of this young lady on Facebook today...

i-pjD7kVd-XL.jpg

She's ACTUALLY in motion to kick the soccer ball over the defender but it looks like she's "kneeing her" in the head :rolleyes1 (in her defense...none of us in the stands would have minded had that been what she was doing :rolleyes1...she was NOT a "very nice player" and refused to shake hands with ANY of our girls or the coach after the game :rolleyes:). Her mother wants a poster size print of this to, in her words, "hang in our entrance way. I want to let any young man dating my daughter know he may be dating a young lady but that young lady will kick you in the head if you don't mind your manners :rolleyes1!" I love it when I accidently get these "priceless" photos! :rotfl: :tink:

:cold: Yep...gonna be a cold day for us tomorrow. "Blue norther" arrived about 10 PM and temperature dropped 15 degrees in 30 minutes! :rolleyes: :tink:

MY FAVORITE PICTURE TODAY ON FACEBOOK..."Due to the winter weather warning" for Tuesday, the State of Texas is................."

Coldest weather in our area in the last 20 YEARS. I made a large pot of Chicken Squash Soup this afternoon for dinner tonight and leftovers for tomorrow in case we loose power (we could heat on wood stove or in fireplace)...until Redstorm came for dinner! :faint: She ate 2 full bowls and took half of it home for herself for tomorrow! :rotfl: Covered all my tropical plants this afternoon after putting Christmas lights around them for additional warmth...and then a tarp to protect the covers from the rain/ice/snow; both son-in-laws raided our firewood stash :rolleyes1 for firewood; DH brought an extra load home from his shop; his work place is closed tomorrow; SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED...and best of all SOCCER IS CANCELLED! :dancer::dance3::woohoo:! Major roads, bridges and interstates have been prepared for possible ice but Texas Department of Public Safety recommends "just staying home". 3 PM tomorrow afternoon our "real feel" is predicted to be 8 degrees so yes..."NH weather HAS flown south"! :lmao: :tink:

They are smart to cancel everything. I don't know if anyone saw this when I posted it yesterday:

Last Thursday it was snowing. They had predicted a winter storm. I moved my Thursday lessons to Wed. I did everything I could do in town on Wed. and told band and brass I would not be there Thursday because of the snow storm.

So, it was snowing heavily about noon when a woman in a Chrysler convertible was going north on Hwy. 395. Just before Barstow (where I get on the "highway" and there is a little store) it is posted to go 45, there is a bridge and a curve. Well she took the curve at 60 - 70 mph. She made it over the bridge, lost control on the curve and went head on into a pick up truck that had just pulled out of the little Barstow store. She died on impact. 32 years old. 4 children. The 2 guys in the truck were hurt but not bad.

2) Do not speed when driving in the snow/ice! Pay attention to the warning/slow down signs!
3) Go below the speed limit when driving in unsafe conditions especially when going over bridges and around curves!

Please keep it in Texas, we do not like cold weather in Florida, lol.

How SAD! :sad1: But also...HOW STUPID :rolleyes1...sounds like she wanted to commit suicide! Who would be driving 60-70 on a curve snowing or not? :confused3 Heavy snow to you is like the predicted "icy conditions" for us...and believe me, Texans do NOT know how to drive on ice. BUT...same thing...they drive "bat out of hell", hit an ice patch and plow their vehicle into some innocent person driving 30-40. :furious: DD wanted to close her shop tomorrow; she called her scheduled clients and 75% of them said they'd PREFER to bring their dogs in. #1...WHY do you want to bring your poor dog out in freezing weather and #2...TXDOT has recommended NO TRAVEL TOMORROW WHAT SO EVER! I know exactly what's going to happen...she'll drive in tomorrow under icy conditions, open the shop and the phone will be ringing off the wall, "we CAN'T/WON'T bring our dogs in today it's to nasty and cold". :furious: I told her she needed to call them tonight and tell them "MY MOMMY WON'T LET ME COME TO WORK TOMORROW"! :rotfl2: :tink:

They are smart to cancel everything. I don't know if anyone saw this when I posted it yesterday:

Yes Ma'am...saw your comment last night and posted a comment on it. Watching Houston TV channels this morning and they're showing some of the "spaghetti bowl" sections of the Houston freeway system and guess what...STUPID PEOPLE ARE DRIVING 70 MPH :furious:! Thank goodness there aren't many cars on the road but could just "see" one of those idiots flying off the top roadway to the street below! :furious: :tink:

Please keep it in Texas, we do not like cold weather in Florida, lol.

We'll try Terri but not making any promises. :rotfl: Just heard from a friend in Louisiana and they're "shutting down" this afternoon and tomorrow. Better get ready to cover your tropical plants! :cold: :tink:

Little bit "chilly" here this morning. :goodvibes Currently at 25 ; no snow for us but more than enough sleet/freezing rain. Holding our breath on power; ice accumulating on the lines and already had the lights "blink" more than once. DD DID text her clients this morning to notify them of the shop closing...REASON? Her vehicle doors were FROZEN SHUT :rotfl2:... she couldn't get to work even if she WANTED too. :rotfl2: She enclosed her garage a few years ago so now her vehicles sit outside; she says EVERY time something like this happens she's going to add a garage to the house but never has. :rolleyes: GLAD she has an excuse though this morning; road closures all around the area. Freezing temperature all the way down to Galveston Island. :tink:

I'm sorry! I did not see this earlier. I think we were both posting at the same time.

Your DD should definitely be on the phone cancelling tomorrow! Not worth risking your life to trim a dog. They can reschedule!

It's snowing here again.... 33 degrees. And I HAVE to go to town. I have the key to the building for the dress rehearsal for tomorrow's concert, if we have it. We were supposed to have had it last month but the people at the assisted living place were sick and the weren't letting people visit. I've heard they may be having another round of it. Be fine with me if I didn't have to drive in tomorrow!

I'm sorry! I did not see this earlier. I think we were both posting at the same time.

Your DD should definitely be on the phone cancelling tomorrow! Not worth risking your life to trim a dog. They can reschedule!

It's snowing here again.... 33 degrees. And I HAVE to go to town. I have the key to the building for the dress rehearsal for tomorrow's concert, if we have it. We were supposed to have had it last month but the people at the assisted living place were sick and the weren't letting people visit. I've heard they may be having another round of it. Be fine with me if I didn't have to drive in tomorrow!

Houston is really having problems :crazy:; DH has done a little traveling today but I'm nice and warm by the fire. :lovestruc DD is closed today and trying to figure out what to do tomorrow. Suppose to say below freezing until at least 2-3 PM and she needs to get to the shop to check from frozen pipes. Kind of a "wait and see" for her; she IS moving tomorrow morning appointments to later in the week. Walked outside a few minutes ago and yard is totally "crunchy" :goodvibes; at least there's not a whole lot of accumulation on the trees and power lines so we SHOULD be good on power. Houston Center Point has 35,000 without power right now. :cold: DD just posted a video on Facebook...the Princess is outside "sledding" down a hill in a laundry basket!:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2: :tink:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter