Where is the best Character Dining to see Princesses?

flakypuff

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! My 6 year old niece has a wish to see the Princesses. Her last trip she spent 1 day in the park so saw none :(

This time her parents are spending 2 days in DW. One in Magic Kingdom and one in Epcot.

The trip is really last minute April 15- April 18. It goes without saying going the fast pass route is out.

Her favorite is who other than Elsa and Anna. (that does not look promising at all!)

Is there a character meal that has many of the princesses?

They have princess meals at Cinderella's Royal Table in MK, Akershus in EP and 1900 Park Fare (only dinner) at the Grand Floridian. Anna and Elsa are not at any of these meals. Cinderella greets at the entrance CRT and other princesses roam around to meet guests while they eat. At Akershus, Belle usually greets while the other princesses go to the tables. At 1900 Park Fare, she will see Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepmother and step sisters. Advance reservations are a must.

They have princess meals at Cinderella's Royal Table in MK, Akershus in EP and 1900 Park Fare (only dinner) at the Grand Floridian. Anna and Elsa are not at any of these meals. Cinderella greets at the entrance CRT and other princesses roam around to meet guests while they eat. At Akershus, Belle usually greets while the other princesses go to the tables. At 1900 Park Fare, she will see Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepmother and step sisters. Advance reservations are a must.

Ummmm... Isn't Cindy's still down for refurb?

Thank you so much DisneyWishes14! That is a big help.:thumbsup2 I know reservations are almost impossible. I try to explain this to my sister. Sadly she thinks of the old days when you could actually see the Characters roaming the parks or be able to actually get reservations a few weeks ahead. :rotfl2:

Thank you so much DisneyWishes14! That is a big help.:thumbsup2 I know reservations are almost impossible. I try to explain this to my sister. Sadly she thinks of the old days when you could actually see the Characters roaming the parks or be able to actually get reservations a few weeks ahead. :rotfl2:

If she can't get in to one of the meals, she may still be able to get FP+ for Cinderella & Rapunzel and/or Ariel in MK. No FP+ for characters in EP, but they can stand in line to see Mulan in China, Snow White in Germany, Jasmine in Morroco, and Princess Aurora and Belle in France.

I knew I could get some help here :flower3: Tried the FP but nothing. No reservations available. I told her
I would watch the dining and see if anything comes up :surfweb:. She can always stand in line. Her daughter
is Autistic so it is hard. Other than that not sure if there is any other choices.:confused3

I knew I could get some help here :flower3: Tried the FP but nothing. No reservations available. I told her
I would watch the dining and see if anything comes up :surfweb:. She can always stand in line. Her daughter
is Autistic so it is hard. Other than that not sure if there is any other choices.:confused3

She should think about getting a DAS card for her daughter. My DS also has autism and we get one when we tour the parks. That way, she could get the card signed for an A&E return time and, when her window opens, they would then go into the FP+ line to see A&E. You can only have one attraction on the card at a time, but she could use the card to see the other princesses as well, in MK, if the lines are too long for her DD. There is a whole DISabilities thread on the DIS if she needs some help with using the card.

I think I saw a post that someone went to Akershus and saw Anna and Elsa. I believe I read that people thought it may have been a test run, but maybe she would luck out.

Akershus for breakfast has always been our favorite princess experience. You don't feel as rushed as you do at CRT. It's been a few years since we've done it so I don't know about Anna and Elsa.

I would suggest to continue trying to get an ADR at Akershus. It has usually 4-6 princesses (we've seen Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel each time). Also, it's a 'castle' so still has that 'royal feel'. We like breakfast the most, but would do any meal if it was that important to see that many princesses. So nice to meet princesses while eating rather than standing in line.
Good luck and hope it's a super trip.

Akershus would be easier to get ADRs for. You could try something like the dining buddy where you can pay for them to find you an ADR

I'd also suggest trying to meet some princesses in Epcot. I found if you arrive 10 minutes early (before their meet begins), your wait time is minimal. If you look at the times on WDW's website, you can easily travel from one side of WS to the other hitting princesses as you go. My 3.5 year old loved it last year!

Last year with only a couple weeks until we arrived I called Disney about an issue with my account. She heard my daughter yelling in the background, she said who are her favorite princesses,I said today Elsa. She said let me take a look and see if I can maybe get you a FP to meet Elsa. I had not done this as they were not available even on the 60 day out day. She got us the FP and we got to meet Elsa and Anna. Wouldnt you know it as soon as my sweetheart looked at Elsa she said so where is Cinderella?

Long story short Call Disney and talk to someone it may help and keep calling.

I would vote for akershus and typically it's easier to get adr for; plus princesses seem to take more time with your kids.

Looking at the lunch/ dinner menu for CRT....looks a little fancy got my 8 & 9 year old. What do your kids eat?

We've done all of them...1900 PF is my least fave. I prefer the castle setting of CRT over that and Akershus, CRT is my fave breakfast of them food-wise and prefer Akershus for lunch and dinner food. It really boiled down to food quality and not menu offerings. The CRT menu offerings look awesome, but left a lot to be desired in our experiences.

Going off topic of the character dining..... Regardless of the FP+ or ADR issues, check on Kenny the Pirate's webpage and his character locator app. His site is great and very detailed. It might be helpful figuring out which princesses you can track down with minimal wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter