Where to eat dinner in MK with a picky teen?

No, offsite. I know if we take a break, DH will want to stay put, not come back to the park... and he's driving.

We usually do lunch at Cosmic Ray's but thought about doing a dinner in the park instead. We could still do Cosmic Ray's at dinner, which is my fall-back plan. I also thought about Columbia Harbour House as a maybe. The thing is, I would kind of like to do a sit-down dinner, as it's our last day in the World and I've never done one in MK.

So I'm looking for suggestions. We like mostly American foods, not a lot of spicy things. I also thought of Italian at Tony's, but I think I read somewhere that the food wasn't great?

DD15 and I did Tony's last month. Like you I read not so stellar reviews on it, but decided to chance it. SO worth it! The food was excellent and the service superb! I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The Plaza is our favorite. Good burgers, bottomless milkshakes. It’s small and, for Disney, not terribly expensive (not that much more than quick serve).

I have one of those picky eaters. He won’t even eat a hamburger. We eat lunch at Tony’s and have never had a problem!!

We like the Plaza.

Vegetable Burger - served on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and choice of toppings: cheddar, American cheese, grilled mushrooms, or grilled onions $17.00
Appetizers/Starters
Plaza Loaded Fries - french fries topped with melted cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and Ranch dressing$9.00
Soup/Salad
Wedge Salad - Half wedge of iceberg lettuce served with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, topped with gorgonzola and ranch dressing $8.00
Seasonal Soup - Ask server for today's selection $8.00
Entrees
Home-style Meatloaf - hearty slices of meatloaf served with red skinned garlic mashed potatoes, gravy and seasonal vegetables $22.00
Angus Chuck Cheeseburger - on a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and choice of toppings: bacon, cheddar, American cheese, grilled mushrooms, or grilled onions $20.00
Honey-Barbecued Beef Brisket Burger - served on brioche bun with bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and provolone $22.00
Baked Honey-Barbecued Brisket Mac & Cheese - baked pasta in cheddar cheese sauce sprinkled with crispy-fried onions, and scallions topped with a savory barbecued beef brisket $22.00
Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with bacon, remoulade, bruschetta, provolone, and arugula on a brioche bun $18.00
Chicken Strawberry Salad, - fresh garden greens, grilled chicken breast, cucumbers, fresh strawberries, gorgonzola, tossed in a white zinfandel vinaigrette dressing $18.00
Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, - a deep-fried green tomato served with bacon, arugula, tomato and pepper jack cheese, topped with Alabama white barbecue sauce on a toasted brioche roll $17.00
Cheese Steak Sandwich - shaved beef grilled with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and white American cheese served on a hoagie roll $19.00
Grilled Reuben - thinly sliced corned beef on grilled marble rye with sauerkraut, Swiss, and thousand island dressing $16.00
Plaza Club - smoked ham, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise layered on Texas toast $17.00
Tuna Salad Sandwich - tuna salad with lettuce and tomato on a freshly baked multigrain croissant $16.00
Ice Cream
All-You-Care-To-Enjoy-Milk Shake, - hand-dipped milk shake topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Choose from the following flavors: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or mint chocolate chip $9.00
Milkshake
Ice Cream Floats - with vanilla ice cream and coke, diet coke, sprite, root beer $7.00
Desserts
Signature Chocolate Cake, - four-layer chocolate cake filled with dark chocolate ganache; $2.00 for a la mode $9.50
Butterscotch Bread Pudding - warm butterscotch bread pudding topped with caramel sauce, butterscotch morsel, and vanilla ice cream $9
Original Banana Split - A ripe Banana, three scoops of Ice Cream (Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry) topped with Hot Fudge, Strawberry Sauce, crushed Pineapple, chopped Nuts, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry$10.00
Brownie Sundae - Fudge Brownie served with Vanilla Ice Cream and topped with Chocolate Sauce and Chocolate Shavings $8.00
The Plaza Restaurant Sundae - Ice Cream of your choice topped with choice of Hot Fudge, Strawberry Sauce, crushed Pineapple, chopped Nuts, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry $7.00
Seasonal Specialty Cake - ask your server for today's selection; add $2.00 for a la mode $9.50

My teen usually orders from the kids menu. We are always on the DP, so they supersize whatever she gets since they nkow we are paying for an adult. I need to tell them (and every restaurant) just kids size because not only is she picky, but she doesnt eat much either. She saves room for the sundaes!

Appetizers/Starters
Tomato Soup $3
Grapes $3
Sliced Apples $3
Carrots and Ranch dressing $3
Garden Salad - with fat free Ranch dressing $3
For Children Ages 3-9
Cheeseburger $11
Grilled Cheese Sandwich $9
Grilled Chicken Strips $11
Mickey Check Meals
Turkey Breast Sandwich - on honey-wheat bread with lettuce and tomato served with sliced apples; dessert is Fresh Fruit. $10
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich - served on honey-wheat bread with bananas and fresh carrots; dessert is Fresh Fruit. $9

My DD is a vegetarian. We honestly don't get our money's worth at dinner buffets because she's so picky and limited with choices. The Plaza is a good option for MK.

I'm glad to hear others have enjoyed Tony's. That may be a good option for us. Also, that Plaza menu looks enticing, too. Okay, the bottomless milkshakes would be a draw, although we do have a Mickey Bar tradition. Hmmm.

I'm glad to hear others have enjoyed Tony's.

I went to Tonys in 2017 for the first time ever. Was always put off by the reviews, but needed this ressie to get VIP viewing of the parade, which my niece's were dancing in that day. I really didnt care what the food tasted like as we had a Crystal Palace breakfast at 8:30am and I knew I would still be full by 1:15, which was the only time I could get for the package. I also had a Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner planned that night, so I really didnt care about lunch.

The day came, the breakfast was great, we went on a few rides, then off to Tonys around 1:10. Arrived at the podium and was told they were running a bit behind and it would be a 20 minute wait. I explained I just needed to be out of there by 2:45 for the parade and asked exactly where the viewing was. On that day only, they had moved it to the front of the castle, rather than the flagpole area. Something about taping at the flagpole they had to move it. I got nervous about running late, and having to zig zag my way up the sidewalk of people already sitting for the parade. I asked if there was any way possible we could see the parade first, then have the meal around 3:15 ( my nieces were dancing ahead of the parade) They said yes. Then and there I was a big fan of Tony's!!

We went back around 3:15, were seated immediately, we ordered our food..really dont remember what I got but it was pasta with red sauce. My husband also got a pasta dish and my daughter chicken. I took one bite and Eeeewwwwwww. Literally boxed pasta with maybe Prego or possibly Hunts canned tomato sauce. Seriously, if youre going to used canned (not even jarred), add some spice or crushed tomato to make it taste/look better) It was really bad. My husband who eats anything didnt like it either. Not sure about the other dishes on the menu, but the pasta sauce they use is terrible. The desserts, however, were really good. I got raspberry sorbet. Hit the spot on that hot day.

Bottom line, for someone who had low expectations and really didnt care what it tasted like, it was worse than expected. But the good thing about Disney is there is always more food around the corner!

Last edited:
Glad it all worked out for you, Disney1975. At least you saved room for your Yachtsman ressie. :)

Does anyone know how long I should expect dinner to take? No alcohol involved, just dinner, maybe dessert and back to the rides. I thought 70 minutes, but maybe I'm being to conservative. Yeah, I'm making a customized touring plan, so it asks how long I will be at my ADR.

Glad it all worked out for you, Disney1975. At least you saved room for your Yachtsman ressie. :)

Does anyone know how long I should expect dinner to take? No alcohol involved, just dinner, maybe dessert and back to the rides. I thought 70 minutes, but maybe I'm being to conservative. Yeah, I'm making a customized touring plan, so it asks how long I will be at my ADR.

70 minutes sounds like a good estimate for a meal without characters. Most likely 50 - 70. 50 during non peak times, 70 during peak dining times. Of course if your with a toddler/young child it could take a little longer too. My kids were Sllllllllooooooooooowwwwwww eaters!

We did Tony's for dinner. Their food is good, but not all of it. The spaghetti was kind of glutonous, which was weird, since I know it was home made. The fettacini was fantastic. The ceasar salad dressing was a bit sharp for our taste, but the croutons were amazing. I can't say enough good things about the mozzarella bites and the desserts were divine. So, expensive, and not 100%, but not too bad, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter