Where to Spend Birthday in WDW

KSQmom

Earning My Ears
So we are headed down in May and we will be there for my birthday! My in laws are coming and have offered to watch our sons so my husband and I can spend my birthday alone in the parks. I'm really going back and forth on what I want to do! I booked a ROL dining package so I could see the show, but there isn't much else drawing me to AK during our only kid free time. On previous trips our alone nights were spent at Epcot and at MK and that was pretty awesome. We are also staying at the poly, so those parks would be a super easy commute. Epcot has emh until 11. Help! What would you do and why?

I'd plan to do things you can't do (easily) with kids. A signature dinner seems in order, maybe California Grill with prime fireworks viewing? Maybe Yachtsman with an evening in World Showcase? Is V&A a possibility? Maybe rent a pool cabana during the day or do a couples massage at the spa?

I agree with @glassslippergirl . Take some time to do experiences that aren't as kid friendly. If it were me, I would most definitely do a signature meal and perhaps drinks after? Or maybe a dessert party, but they can be pricey. A couples massage sounds lovely as well

The Progressive Monorail dinner sounds really cool! If it is too pricey, you could certainly create your own....Drinks & appetizers at the Poly (maybe Ohana, Traders Sams or on the beach), main meal at the Grand Floridian followed by drinks and desserts on the deck & viewing area at the Contemporary overlooking Magic Kingdom.

Perhaps a pub & food crawl around the World Showcase at Epcot. Wander though the cities enjoying the native drinks, foods & entertainment. DH and I have done this several time without the kids and LOVED it.

Or hit up Disney Springs and go to a Signature location you normally might otherwise not do with the kids.

The Progressive Monorail dinner sounds really cool! If it is too pricey, you could certainly create your own....Drinks & appetizers at the Poly (maybe Ohana, Traders Sams or on the beach), main meal at the Grand Floridian followed by drinks and desserts on the deck & viewing area at the Contemporary overlooking Magic Kingdom.

Perhaps a pub & food crawl around the World Showcase at Epcot. Wander though the cities enjoying the native drinks, foods & entertainment. DH and I have done this several time without the kids and LOVED it.

Or hit up Disney Springs and go to a Signature location you normally might otherwise not do with the kids.
I would give my left pinky finger to do a kid-less night of world showcase :/

I should mention that I am cheap. Paying for a signature dinner would give me a panic attack. I like food, but not enough to pay that kind of money! If we did AK we would do tusker house, Epcot we'd do San angel, or MK we'd try the skipper canteen. That's the most I can make myself pay. I'd be thrilled with fish and chips and a beer! So, it's more experience based than food based.
It is the greatest gift to do grown up Disney!

If my wife and I were alone, we would go to the World Showcase. I'm not sure what we would do, but we would go there.

After ROL I would go to DS and stroll around, we end up having a drink and listening to music at HOB but between the bus and HOB there are many stops we do. Only advice try not to do this on a Fri or Sat night (more crowded those nights).

I would wander the World Showcase and grab a few drinks. Since expensive food isn't your thing, there are so many great QS food options there it would be easy to eat cheap. Don't even make a TS reservation... just snack around the world as you have a few adult beverages. :)

Have fun! That sounds like a great birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter