where to stay

Buckleybunch

<font color=red>Okay, I'm excited...<br><font colo
We ( the kids) decided to stay our 2 extra days at Universal. I priced the Hard Rock hotel, and it's a little pricy ( unless there are some discounts I don't know about). So where else is there to stay off site??? That not too overly expensive..

Linda

When are you going and which discounts have you tried for the HRH or Portofino?

We are going 9/15-9/17 and are staying off site at the sleep inn only 1/4 mile from the u.s. enterance.They even have a shuttle, and pretty good rates,we booked a King suite room for 67.10 (aaa rate). This is a newer hotel too,(1999). If you go to some of the orlando sites on the web, the links will take you to hotels.Good Luck!!!

I used my Fan Club card for a rate of $139 at the HRH, 8/25-8/28, and for Portofino the rate was $168, 9/7-9/10. I believe the Entertainment rate was the same. When I made these ressies, about a month ago, it seemed like there was considerable availability, these rates were available for all dates I checked.

I think September availability is pretty good across the board this year. Certainly I checked out a number of possibilities for my stay 9/20 to 10/4 in the Universal area before yet again succumbing to the Sheraton Studio City which I think is the perfect place from which the enjoy the parks - but then again, my stay is somewhat longer! The SSC has reasonable rates and a good shuttle (it's generally the last stop on the way to Universal so no long waits trawling through other hotel entrances!) and some great views from the rooms overlooking the parks in the distance.

Leee

We are going Dec 21-23rd.. We are going because we saved a lot of $$ by staying those to extra days on Airfare.. So.. i don't want to spend a lot on a room.. the 139 wouldn't be bad.. How did you get that rate??

Thanks
Linda

Call HRH and see if they have Entertainment Rates available for those nights ($117 per night for a garden view room). Then you can order the 2002 book at www.entertainment.com
You will need the 2002 book because the 2001 book expires on Nov. 1.

I noticed our new Disney Card has an Entertainment logo on the back. Can I use my DC card to get the Entertainment discount at HRH?

Mike

I don't have the Disney card, but I have read on this board that other people have been told NO. You might want to call the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter