Where? Who? How? Photography? Help! Triplets take on the World!

Chicago Mo

DIS Veteran

Have to EDIT HERE::::: The 2013 trip had to be canceled and we have rescheduled for 2014!!! More then welcome to read long!!!

Hello :wave2:
Welcome to my very PRE trip report. This will take every last minute of my 355 days left to plan the best Disney trip i can with the help of everyone of YOU :thumbsup2! For the first time i am completely lost in my planning and need advise every step of the way! :disrocks:I guess i should start on introductions first right??
this is Me:
DSCN0749.jpg

I'm Mo, short for Michelle (don't ask) yes i LOVE being a kid in Disney... well i LOVE having fun!! I am a Mom of triplets, show dogs in obedience, photography, of course ANYTHING DISNEY!!! :earboy2: . My life consists of working, picking up kids- doing homework- going to whatever sports/scouts/something they have going on.. Like most of you i'm sure!!!
Indroducting DH- Tom:
DSCN0675.jpg

His first trip was our familys trip in 2010. This is when we fell in LOVE with all of Disney. thankfully he is a Dis nut too. i am trying to get him to join the DIS.
Here are the 3 stooges in chronological order:
Zack: the "oldest" He is a ham!!!
DSCN0649.jpg

Recently diagnosed with having a learning disability and speech barrier. We are still trying to figure that all out. anyone with info please in box me!
Matt: my clown...
IMG_8033.jpg

He is a character all in himself!!!
and the princess: who is slowly turning on me...
IMG_8168.jpg

Gah.. the attitude on an 8 year old! :sad:
Here are the three of them together.
Photo0282FourBySix.jpg

I do love them.. no matter what i say..
So...
Our first ever real family vacation was in 2010 we new almost nothing about Disney. Until i told a couple of friends we were going then the flood gates opened.. Who knew?!? I was on my way to planning like a pro! we stayed at the Poly. Promised ourselves we needed to come back to see the castle during Christmas.
Talking with friends who actually went to Disney the week before us we decided to go together! We had a Grand Gathering Last year November 2011. Did a trip report on that one.. We did get to see the castle in Lights. it was amazing.
SO in 2012 we did a few little weekend getaways here and there. I have withdraws... Today I booked our vacation!!! WHOOP WHOOP!
September 8, to September 14th!!! September 8th is the kiddos birthday.. I WANT to TRY to make this a surprise.. we will see if i can. DH Tom can. :sad2: sigh..

On to the planning:
Where?!?!
I have been stalking everything Art of Animation.. I really like it! to think of staying at a brand new resort that looks that AWESOME.. Then i have the Poly.. my favorite resort.. nothing like walking out. seeing the castle first thing in the morning. having the Monorail at your beck and call, watching wishes and the water parade! We stayed at POR last year and did love the report yet, we kept thinking about the poly... What do i DO?!?!?
I booked the poly yet i am still being pulled towards AOA.. HELP!
travel:
Driving?!?! From Chicago all the way down! never did a cross country need advice!
Dining?!?!?!
DH Tom is stuck on:
Ohana's dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Chef Mickey
Sci Fi
I'm not... So should we try something new?? Character meals are a favorite.
Shows?!?!?!
love Lion King at animal kingdom.. heard they were closing?!?!

Fastpass... Yeah totally don't understand the new ways!

Photography: settings? Dark rides! shows!

Would like to go to the halloween party. total jack skellington freak and heard he is there?

Told you it will take a year to do!
Where should i start?!?!
I will be posting thoughts and idea Hopefully with your help and knowledge i can make this trip the BEST!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Because I forgot to add a page just for updates I will have to keep editing here:
March 12 ADR time!!!
August 31 Kids birthday party. Asking for Disney gift cards. Hopefully they won't catch on??
Sep 7th TIME??? Leave for Disney
Would like to stop somewhere for a nap!!! The reveal should be around here somewhere???
arrive IN Disney on September 8 TRIPLETS Birthday!!!

:wave: Hello!

I followed the breadcrumbs from a certain DLR TR that we've both kinda stalking.

Glad I did. We're kinda hitting WDW around the same time; with about 3 - 4 weeks apart.

You'll be there in early September. And I think I'll be there in early October.

Your triplets are adorable. Looking forward to reading more of your plans.

princess::upsidedow

YAY!!! My first Follower!!! THANK YOU!!!
I love his report, i believe some of the people need to get together and write a book. their stories are so fun to read.
Where are you staying?
I have to ask since i have NO IDEA what to do...

Oh, oh! I am in! But I have never heard of Jack being at the Halloween party. Where!? I must have missed him last time! For meet and greets? Oh, I'd love that! Are you going to dress up?!

Gah.. the attitude on an 8 year old!
I agree. My 9 year old has already perfected the art of eye rolling! :rolleyes2

Looking forward to it! :goodvibes

YAY!!! My first Follower!!! THANK YOU!!!
I love his report, i believe some of the people need to get together and write a book. their stories are so fun to read.
Where are you staying?
I have to ask since i have NO IDEA what to do...

I'm actually going to DisMeet with about 3 other DisGamers, possibly/hopefully more, in October. I'm planning on renting DVC points and staying at the Beach Club in a studio room. But my family size is 3 (DH, DS12 and myself), so my accommodation options are a little bit more diverse.

I think room options for family of 5 at a reasonable price is one area at the World that AoA is meant to address.
There are a number of Aussie Dis-sers with families of 5 that have the same issue. Until AoA, they seem to end up at POP or renting two rooms at one of the All Stars. I gather that the problem with the two room option is that Disney do not guarantee adjoining rooms.

Reports on AoA seem to be pretty good, with a few teething problems and the perennial complaint of bad front desk service. However, I figure by next year, most of it should be ironed out.

Have fun with the planning and decisions, decisions, decisions.

Oh, oh! I am in! But I have never heard of Jack being at the Halloween party. Where!? I must have missed him last time! For meet and greets? Oh, I'd love that! Are you going to dress up?!

I agree. My 9 year old has already perfected the art of eye rolling! :rolleyes2

Looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Ugh... Why must they eye roll??? Kills me. :crazy2: <--your face will stick like that..

A friend of mine from work just came back Friday (first visit) and said Jack was there?!?!? Going to have to grill him on this. I am even MORE excited to go!!!
I don't know what to do about the party just yet??! I think if we ALL dressed up that would be awesome.
Tom=Jack Me=Sally Zack=Lock Matt=Barrel Meg= shock??? If only...

I am on my Disney Diet!!! If i plan on doing the Sally part I BETTER!!! :lmao:
There is a picture on the web a girl dressed like sally next to a grave stone. it's amazing.

I'm actually going to DisMeet with about 3 other DisGamers, possibly/hopefully more, in October. I'm planning on renting DVC points and staying at the Beach Club in a studio room. But my family size is 3 (DH, DS12 and myself), so my accommodation options are a little bit more diverse.

I think room options for family of 5 at a reasonable price is one area at the World that AoA is meant to address.
There are a number of Aussie Dis-sers with families of 5 that have the same issue. Until AoA, they seem to end up at POP or renting two rooms at one of the All Stars. I gather that the problem with the two room option is that Disney do not guarantee adjoining rooms.

Reports on AoA seem to be pretty good, with a few teething problems and the perennial complaint of bad front desk service. However, I figure by next year, most of it should be ironed out.

Have fun with the planning and decisions, decisions, decisions.

Your killing me...
:rotfl:
I need someone to SLAP me in the head and say HEY PICK ________ resort! :scratchin what to do what to do.

I really think AOA sounds phenomenal I love all the videos posted.. DORY TALKS UNDER WATER!!! How awesome is that?!?! 2 bathrooms, two bedrooms, Meghan's Favorite movie is Lion King. Also it's great because all kids would agree on that theme... a big plus it's cheaper then the Poly.

On the other hand as i said the castle is RIGHT THERE! can watch Wishes from the beach.. the pool is awesome.. Tonga Toast every morning! The boys share one bed and Meg gets her own... (floppy Sleeper)
Why can't i make up my mind?!?!

What is a DISgamer?!?! your meet and greet sounds like a blast!!!

I can't make necessary decisions for my family vacation right???

My next door neighbor who I consider my oldest daughter, and a friend of mine who i have known since birth (we consider each other brother/sister) are thinking of coming...:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: are they silly!?!?!

So i have come up with this: Tell me if i am wrong.
If someone wants to join us I would be thrilled. It could be tons of fun which i am all about
BUT they have to book their own room?!?! Does that make me mean??? OR I can always add a person to my ressie right? could we still do our ADRs together??? Oh good gracious...
My next door neighbor who i consider my oldest daughter, and a Friend of mine who i have known since birth we consider each other brother and sister: are thinking of coming... Wouldn't know if they can until January.

How would you handle this???

Follow your heart! If it keeps calling to the Poly, then that is where you need to be! AoA looks fantastic but if you just can't keep Poly out of your mind, then you need to go back there - at least one more time! You can always try AoA on your next trip!!

Follow your heart! If it keeps calling to the Poly, then that is where you need to be! AoA looks fantastic but if you just can't keep Poly out of your mind, then you need to go back there - at least one more time! You can always try AoA on your next trip!!

Well Hello~:wave2:

Fancy meeting you here! I will help you with your trip if you help with this!!! ::yes::

I can't stand this feeling of not knowing. Especially now Les and Meg might jump in the plans here... if they tag along then i will have to move to AOA.
adjoining rooms? Which your not guaranteed?!?!

Wont find out if they are coming until January... :furious:

I can't make necessary decisions for my family vacation right???

My next door neighbor who I consider my oldest daughter, and a friend of mine who i have known since birth (we consider each other brother/sister) are thinking of coming...:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: are they silly!?!?!

So i have come up with this: Tell me if i am wrong.
If someone wants to join us I would be thrilled. It could be tons of fun which i am all about
BUT they have to book their own room?!?! Does that make me mean??? OR I can always add a person to my ressie right? could we still do our ADRs together??? Oh good gracious...
My next door neighbor who i consider my oldest daughter, and a Friend of mine who i have known since birth we consider each other brother and sister: are thinking of coming... Wouldn't know if they can until January.

How would you handle this???

Hey!! I made it! Thanks for the invite! :) :thumbsup2

I swoon at the Poly... Never stayed there, but when we stayed at the SoG in 2008, we did everything transportation wise through the Poly and loved every minute of it... One day, I hope to actually stay there IRl and not just in my dreams. :lovestruc

I do have some advice for you too...

Our 2008 trip, we went with our neighbors (their family and extended family :crazy2:) and also my BFF from H.S. and her family came down... These were my rules....

1. Everyone gets their OWN room... They pick the resort.
2. I would tell them which park I was going to be in that day with my family.
3. If they chose to do any dining, I would make their ADRs for them (this was before the cc rule)
4. If they wanted to do dining meals together, we were open to that.
5. Each family was free to do whatever they wanted - they were paying for it, and there would be no hurt feelings if we didn't want to stay together.

How it worked out? It was great! My bff and her family had a connecting room to ours at SoG... The door was almost always closed and locked. :lovestruc We all toured the same parks on the same days. My bff and her family and ours did two different ADRs together... We all did MNSSHP together. Other than that, we all took seperate vacations and did what we wanted to do as seperate families. There was only one time, on our last day that we broke off into smaller groups that weren't part of our core family. We are all still friends.

The key was to go with the understanding that this is YOUR individual vacation - you just happened to be going to the same place at the same time, and there would be no hurt feelings from anyone if you chose to not spend time together.

I highly recommend laying the rules out like this before you go. I have heard so many nightmareish trips that start out with a group of 20 trying to agree on which ride to do next. I refused to waste my $$ on a trip I couldn't enjoy. :thumbsup2

OK... Thanks again for inviting me, I can't wait to give you all sorts of opinions - because I am so full of them! :stir:

And I will try to type s.l.o.w. :crazy2:

D~

Hey!! I made it! Thanks for the invite! :) :thumbsup2

I swoon at the Poly... Never stayed there, but when we stayed at the SoG in 2008, we did everything transportation wise through the Poly and loved every minute of it... One day, I hope to actually stay there IRl and not just in my dreams. :lovestruc

I do have some advice for you too...

Our 2008 trip, we went with our neighbors (their family and extended family :crazy2:) and also my BFF from H.S. and her family came down... These were my rules....

1. Everyone gets their OWN room... They pick the resort.
2. I would tell them which park I was going to be in that day with my family.
3. If they chose to do any dining, I would make their ADRs for them (this was before the cc rule)
4. If they wanted to do dining meals together, we were open to that.
5. Each family was free to do whatever they wanted - they were paying for it, and there would be no hurt feelings if we didn't want to stay together.

How it worked out? It was great! My bff and her family had a connecting room to ours at SoG... The door was almost always closed and locked. :lovestruc We all toured the same parks on the same days. My bff and her family and ours did two different ADRs together... We all did MNSSHP together. Other than that, we all took seperate vacations and did what we wanted to do as seperate families. There was only one time, on our last day that we broke off into smaller groups that weren't part of our core family. We are all still friends.

The key was to go with the understanding that this is YOUR individual vacation - you just happened to be going to the same place at the same time, and there would be no hurt feelings from anyone if you chose to not spend time together.

I highly recommend laying the rules out like this before you go. I have heard so many nightmareish trips that start out with a group of 20 trying to agree on which ride to do next. I refused to waste my $$ on a trip I couldn't enjoy. :thumbsup2

OK... Thanks again for inviting me, I can't wait to give you all sorts of opinions - because I am so full of them! :stir:

And I will try to type s.l.o.w. :crazy2:

D~

YAY! :cheer2: D~!
Thank you for coming along the most scatter brained PTR you have ever been on!!!
The poly huh? DONE! See all i needed was a smack in the head! :beach: Just when i was about to do a pro/con list!!! I do love the poly. we stayed there our first time and fell in love with everything. Especially the easy transportation, Wishes, pool, and beach.

On to my extended family thing.
If either one decides to go that would only be 1 person to add.. then i would change over to AOA. If both decide to come then they can get together and get their own room where ever their little hearts want.

What is: "cc" 3. If they chose to do any dining, I would make their ADRs for them (this was before the cc rule)

So if both decide to come, get their own room, I can make all the ADR's?

Whatever happens they will want to be with us, they want to be with my kids. we really are extremely close.. :crowded:
Please stir away I need it desperately!

ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOMED HERE!

I am writing this train wreck of a PTR for all of your opinions! I want to hear everything you all have to say! :chat:There may be times i might not WANT to hear it but I HAVE to hear it!
If the train derails a bit WHO CARES!Off topic conversations ARE FUN! this is a lighthearted, fun, report. want everyone involved to have a good time!
I am a South Side Irish girl from Chicago,:drinking1 sarcasm is my first language :lmao:, I have very tough skin so never worry about insulting me!!! There will also be times i ask for you to type S.L.O.W. to me...
So come on board the crazy train and lets get this trip done right!!!:drive:

:hourglass is ticking people i only have... what? 354 more days to get this right?!?! :rotfl2::rotfl:

:thanks:

Hi there! :wave2: Thanks for the invite!

First of all...

What is: "cc" 3. If they chose to do any dining, I would make their ADRs for them (this was before the cc rule)

Some ADRs now require a credit card (cc) to hold it. Not all of them, but I agree with D, it might get a little tricky if you book all the ADRs and then they decide not to come and you are stuck with all the deposits on your cc.

So, as you know, I loved the Poly too and I would go back in a heartbeat if I could afford it. But just know that they are talking about a total renovation there in the next year or so. Check out Tikiman Pages.com for more info on that. Might just be room refurb, but might be a total overhaul and I would not want to stay there during that. But you can always book it there and just wait and see what happens. Might be that they will be all done with whatever they are doing by then. In which case, you would have the Poly and a brand new resort!

On the food issue....may I suggest both Boma and Via Napoli.....yum!

Happy to be here and will stick with you and help as much as I can. I too am planning a 2013 trip.....November for me. Just got the okay from hubby. He doesn't want to go, but is fine with me and DS going. :cool1:

Tom=Jack Me=Sally Zack=Lock Matt=Barrel Meg= shock??? If only...

I am on my Disney Diet!!! If i plan on doing the Sally part I BETTER!!!
There is a picture on the web a girl dressed like sally next to a grave stone. it's amazing.

I think that would be amazing! I'd love to see the Sally image! You guys will look fantastic!
I am in the midst of planning a Nightmare Before Christmas/Haunted Mansion Halloween party. I have a lot of cute ideas and I'm trying to get everything ready now-ish in case Robert comes early.

Hi there! :wave2: Thanks for the invite!

First of all...

Some ADRs now require a credit card (cc) to hold it. Not all of them, but I agree with D, it might get a little tricky if you book all the ADRs and then they decide not to come and you are stuck with all the deposits on your cc.

So, as you know, I loved the Poly too and I would go back in a heartbeat if I could afford it. But just know that they are talking about a total renovation there in the next year or so. Check out Tikiman Pages.com for more info on that. Might just be room refurb, but might be a total overhaul and I would not want to stay there during that. But you can always book it there and just wait and see what happens. Might be that they will be all done with whatever they are doing by then. In which case, you would have the Poly and a brand new resort!

On the food issue....may I suggest both Boma and Via Napoli.....yum!

Happy to be here and will stick with you and help as much as I can. I too am planning a 2013 trip.....November for me. Just got the okay from hubby. He doesn't want to go, but is fine with me and DS going. :cool1:

:banana: YAY your here!!! im so happy...
ahhh CC= Credit card.. i swear i will get this lingo down one day...
Oh my man Tikiman! love his site i go there often just to hear the music!
On that note: thanks for more anxiety:eek:!!!
They wouldn't book me if if the refurbs were going to be outlandish right?!?!? RIGHT?? :badpc:
Via Napoli???? where is that? I am so up for something new. and YUMMY
November is an awesome time to go.. We went the week before thanksgiving it was THE BEST! castle in LIGHTS!!! nothing beats the osbourn lights too... sigh... DO.... THE.... PARTY!!!!

I think that would be amazing! I'd love to see the Sally image! You guys will look fantastic!
I am in the midst of planning a Nightmare Before Christmas/Haunted Mansion Halloween party. I have a lot of cute ideas and I'm trying to get everything ready now-ish in case Robert comes early.

PLEASE post all pictures!!! My newest tattoo is:
newtattoo-1.jpg

yeah i did it...

So DH Tom has signed on to the DIS!!!! YAY!
he used his full name... :rolleyes2 yep he did tom bonadurer! welcome to the BOARDS!!! more in a bit time for football/cheerleading Taxi mom on the way! plan on researching the refurbs on the poly... maybe just maybe they will upgrade me to Hawaii???? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh one can dream...pixiedust:

They wouldn't book me if if the refurbs were going to be outlandish right?!?!? RIGHT??

I don't know if they know the exact times yet. They might book people then move them if they don't get the renovations done in time. But look at the Grand Floridian right now....tons and tons of construction and refurbs and closures and people are still staying there. I would be pissed if I paid the money for the GF and half the restaurants were closed and they were putting a DVC up right next door! But rest assured, they will have a plan for moving people if it comes to that. It is Disney after all ::yes::

Via Napoli???? where is that? I am so up for something new. and YUMMY

In Italy at Epcot. Very yummy. It was in my TR....the place with the pizzas and risotto balls. It will be a must do for us from now on.

November is an awesome time to go.. We went the week before thanksgiving it was THE BEST! castle in LIGHTS!!! nothing beats the osbourn lights too... sigh...

Yay! So excited for that!

DO.... THE.... PARTY!!!!

Really? I wasn't too sure about that. I have heard that they sell too many tickets and you can't even move. But we will be going early in Nov, so I wouldn't think it would be too crowded. We'll see.

That is so awesome that Tom joined the DIS.....WELCOME TOM! I would love it if my hubby was as into Disney as that! :thumbsup2

What is a DISgamer?!?! your meet and greet sounds like a blast!!!

The Games section of the Dis is located within the Community Board section. There are regulars that hang out there too.

I'm hoping that the DisMeet will be fun (PTR link is in my siggie below ;)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter