Which DVC Pool? (Excluding SAB)

The best one is whatever one I'm lucky enough to be at. :)

This would include any pools at the hotels connected to the DVC resort (VWL, BWV,)

How about water slides?

Am I the only one that thinks the Clown Slide at BW is ugly?:scared1:

Mike

We're not wild about the Boardwalk slide either. When we pool hop, it is most often to the Polynesian or Contemporary.
John

Ugly is as ugly does, so to speak. That is our favorite pool, of all the pools. We tried SAB while at BCV one spring and we just weren't all that impressed. Too many people, not enough places to sit. And hated that the kids had to leave the pool area, cross the public sidewalk in order to use the slide. Made this mom very uncomfortable.
So...the clown is ugly? Not to us.....you should hear my dd, now 13, yelling "Here comes clown barf!!!!" as she hits the water. Love this pool.

I love the pool at SSR. Zero entry, a slide for my small kids and a big one for DH!;) I love the kids area with the Donald and water squirting from the floor. DS absolutely loved it. The pool is big and there are a lot of seating areas around it.

goofy4tink said:
Ugly is as ugly does, so to speak. That is our favorite pool, of all the pools. We tried SAB while at BCV one spring and we just weren't all that impressed. Too many people, not enough places to sit. And hated that the kids had to leave the pool area, cross the public sidewalk in order to use the slide. Made this mom very uncomfortable.
So...the clown is ugly? Not to us.....

That is exactly how we felt as well about SAB. We stayed at BCV recently and while it and SAB are wonderful, it is much harder to keep an eye on my DGD in the Main Pool at SAB. As a result, we always swam with her. We wouldn't even think about letting her leave the main pool area and cross the public sidewalk to go down the slide by herself. :scared1:

At Luna Park, we could let her go by herself on the slide (although that didn't happen often as we had such a great time too!!) and still be able to see her every step of the way.

We definitely prefer the pool at BWV and are thrilled that so many seem to prefer SAB over Luna Park. Hope it always stays that way. Makes for more room at BWV!!! ;)

The main pool at SSR was great for us. My 2 year old nephew was able to ease his way into the pool w/the zero entry and had a blast on the small slide. He did get a bit possesive over the Donald area, but that's a whole other story:rolleyes1 . Plus having the drink refill station without having to go in and out is handy.:drinking1

I think I have to agree with gppnj on this one. The OP's question was " ... (Excluding SAB)". So even though I agree with what has been said here about SAB for the most part, it should not be included in this discussion.
That said, we have been to BCV (SAB), VWL, and VB. We are going to OKW in May :cool1: ( our DS 5 loved the pictures we saw of OKW sandcastle slide) and plan to pool hop to SSR. Can't wait till we get to go to AKV pool :cool2:
We loved the atmosphere, surrondings, slide, and being able to "swim upstream" at WL main pool and also the "springs" at DVC pool. IMHO, DVC pools are like DVC resorts, each one has it's own personality and there is nothing wrong with loving them all. :thumbsup2 :dance3: :banana: :hippie: :yay: :cheer2: :grouphug:

go where you want to stay.

the slide at OKW is pretty nice too!

so all the others have nice pools.

I also hate that silly clown at BWV.

and yes SALB is too hard to kept up with your children - once they out growth the children area. but that is why that pool has so many lifeguards.

that is one thing really, really nice about the value resorts. 2 lifeguards at each and every pool even the quiet pools to watch the little ones. these lifeguards do an OUTSTANDING job. Now adults are surpose to take care of themselves - we are talking about 4' of water in the high area.

No matter where I was staying if you are talking about under 4 child - I might go with a value resort.

once they like slides - then POFQ - then move them up to the big and fast ones. but that is me!!!:rolleyes1

We LOVE the BWV pool. It is small enough to keep our eyes on our kids, big enough that it is never crowded when we travel (off season) and the slide is perfect for our early elem age kids. They've been going down the slide since they were four (with life jackets) and love the freedom of being able to do the whole pool by themselves. Sometimes I don't even put a suit on! My husband always does. He loves the slide!

Now adults are surpose to take care of themselves - we are talking about 4' of water in the high area.

might seem strange to some, but there are some adults who can't "take care of themselves" in 4 feet of water - myself being one of them. i'm under 4'10" and am unable to swim. At 4', my nose and mouth are under water.

We love the BWV quiet pool and it's proximity to community hall.

My children agree, the quiet pool near the community center is their favorite. they can and have literally spent all day swimming and playing in the center. They just prefer the smaller crowds and wide open pool (ages 9 & 13):confused3

I like SSR because of the fact that the zero-entry part of the pool is sort of set off from the main pool & I don't really swim, but I do love to read at the pool and zero entry makes it possible to read while sitting in the water. I also like the style of the pool chairs, proximity of the pool bar, and the fact that the slide is nicely themed without having one of the tube eclosures that sort of freak me out.

Non-DVC I think CSR has a really neat pool & themed playground area.

We're not wild about the Boardwalk slide either. When we pool hop, it is most often to the Polynesian or Contemporary.
John

Is pool hopping among Disney resorts allowed (other than SAB), or is it usually limited to DVC properties?

I think I have to agree with gppnj on this one. The OP's question was " ... (Excluding SAB)". So even though I agree with what has been said here about SAB for the most part, it should not be included in this discussion.
That said, we have been to BCV (SAB), VWL, and VB. We are going to OKW in May :cool1: ( our DS 5 loved the pictures we saw of OKW sandcastle slide) and plan to pool hop to SSR. Can't wait till we get to go to AKV pool :cool2:
We loved the atmosphere, surrondings, slide, and being able to "swim upstream" at WL main pool and also the "springs" at DVC pool. IMHO, DVC pools are like DVC resorts, each one has it's own personality and there is nothing wrong with loving them all. :thumbsup2 :dance3: :banana: :hippie: :yay: :cheer2: :grouphug:

When in May? Maybe we'll be neighbors - we'll be there May 14-18

WL - main pool, fun to watch the geyser from the water; the kids get so excited when they see it for the first time; community pool is convenient and nice hot tub imo.

BW - i'm afraid of clowns:guilty: ; thought i'd hate it...no way! Doesn't really look like a clown to me; slide is zippy-just right. I get a kick out of the elephants for some reason too; as well as the view of the Swan/Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter