Which foods have your family never liked?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by reecejackox, Nov 6, 2018.

1. reecejackox

reecejackox Mouseketeer

I will start

My brother has never liked baked beans and chocolate cake

My dad has never liked chicken

2. lynxstch

lynxstch I Love Figment

I don't like baked beans but I love chicken. I can't even stand the site of liver, lol!
    Husband doesn't like chicken or turkey much, but loves baked beans, actually any kind of beans. He also doesn't like cooked cauliflower, cooked cabbage or cooked broccoli (all of which I love)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

Well...one thing that has bugged the crap out of me because it's one of my favorite things....pasta with red sauce. DH will eat it but prefers not to. DS likes it a little. Twin DDs HATE it.

Also all 4 of them are not huge chocolate fans but they love fruity chewy candy. Again, chocolate is one of my favorite things so it bugs me. They don't hate it and if I buy it for me they will eat it so I don't even get that benefit (having it all to myself).

DH hates cauliflower and I like to make a lot of stuff with it (like rice).

Oddly, my kids never liked jelly so it was always just PB sandwiches.

5. smiths02

smiths02 DIS Veteran

I have never liked broccoli (or cauliflower).

My DH doesn't like dressing and sauces. When we first met, aside from pasta/pizza sauce and bacon gravy on eggs, it was basically nothing. He will tolerate Olive Garden salad dressing and Caesar salads now (did not used to eat salad). Youngest DS is a bit like him. (Also sandwiches are generally plain...I'm talking bread, turkey, cheese or bun, burger, cheese...no vegetables, mayo, etc.)

DH and kids all don't like tomatoes. They will eat marinara sauce and pizza (and the kids eat ketchup), but no chunks of tomato. Meanwhile, I am happy eating a slice of tomato with salt.

6. smiths02

smiths02 DIS Veteran

I don't like cauliflower, but I can eat the mashed potatoes made from cauliflower. I need to try the rice and pizza crust to see if I can tolerate it.

7. SteveH

SteveH Earning my Mai Tai

Lima Beans, artichokes, and brussels sprouts, I hated them growing up and never served them at home, my wife doesn't like them either.

Gumbo4x4 likes this.
  8. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

DH and I do not like sushi. It is just not for us. My kids have a huge list of what they will not eat.

DLgal, mombrontrent and Gumbo4x4 like this.
  9. jaiminee krikit

jaiminee krikit DIS Veteran

DH doesn't like most vegetables. I recently started using Home Chef and Hello Fresh and I've loved the variety of fresh veggies, but he hates most of them. I grew up on canned veggies and just recently discovered how amazing fresh cooked veggies can be!
    DD15 hates noodles, red meat, and cooked veggies (will eat most raw).
    I hate mushrooms, but I love the flavor they give foods.

10. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts!

11. LongLiveRafiki

LongLiveRafiki DIS Veteran

None of us like onions, mayo, or any kind of dressing. I don't eat meat, DH doesn't like most vegetables and never eats fruit. It makes meal planning interesting.

12. shoney

shoney DIS Veteran

I can not make any seafood Ugh kills me
    I grew up with fishermen on the water and I prefer seafood over meat.

13. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

I don’t eat mayo or green peppers, but my entire family doesn’t eat pepperoni. Weird for a meat eating family.

14. Mirielle

Mirielle DIS Veteran

Born and raised in the south but despise "Southern" cooking. Lucky for me, DH doesn't care for it either. We don't refuse to eat it, we'd just rather have something hot and spicy

15. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

DH and I don't like the flavors of cumin or cilantro which rules out a lot of Indian and Mexican food. DS seems to be fine with them. Other than that, DH eats vegetables rather sparingly; prefers them raw to cooked but it's not that he actually refuses any.

16. VandVsmama

VandVsmama DIS Veteran

bbq baked beans
    cauliflower cooked in any way, shape, or form. Even cauliflower rice, or mashed. It's all disgusting. It's the smell.
    broccoli in most forms
    brussel sprouts

17. Elle23

Elle23 DIS Veteran

Not a food but a condiment...

I had so effectively brainwashed all of my children that mustard was the most vile substance on the planet that most of them had never even tasted it until well into their teenage years. :rotfl:

Alas...one son has rebelled. I shed a tear when I found a fast food receipt of his. He ordered....*GASP!!!*....DOUBLE mustard on his burger! :scared1:

I have officially failed as a parent.

lynxstch and Soldier's*Sweeties like this.
  18. disykat

disykat DIS Veteran

None of us like standard dill pickles or yellow mustard. We will all eat more gourmet pickles or mustards though.

19. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

My daughter doesn’t like mashed potatoes and my son doesn’t like macaroni and cheese... I don’t like oatmeal.

20. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

This reminds me of a time when my daughter (about 4 at the time) called me crying because her father refused to put mustard on her sandwich :rotfl: I taught her how to do it herself.

Elle23 likes this.
  21. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure! Moderator

Raisins, we all dislike them.