Which "holiday" is the least crowded?

ReneeQ

DIS Veteran
Not sure where to put this. We always do Disney in January and October. Now that my nephew is approaching school age, some of my trips will need to be over school holidays. I do NOT want to go in the summer, ever. I just cannot tolerate the heat.

For those that have been on a few of the holidays, which is the LEAST crowded? President's Week, Spring Break, Thanksgiving Week, Christmas Week, or the week between Christmas and New Years?

Well, I can't answer your question entirely- but I can tell you that it's NOT the week between Christmas and New Years... since that is listed as the busiest week of the year and believe me, it's no lie. (that's when we went on our first trip to WDW).

So definitely mark that off your list if you are looking for the least busy time. LOL

I went 12/30/01-01/06/02 and then 01/01/03-01/05/03 and although it was not as bad as I had imagined, because the parks close at 7:00pm, then the lines were long and it seemed to be pretty crowded. I have heard Spring Break is HORRIBLE, though.

I can say with multiple experiences that Labor Day and Memorial Day (not the weekend but the DAY themselves) are great times to hit the parks. Lines are some of the shortest of the year.

Dunnthat

We did a trip one year over MLK weekend as our schools were out so the kids missed only 2 days. MLK day itself was somewhat crowded but the other days were low attendence.

We have spent 2 weeks at WDW over Spring break the last few years & will do it again this year. Are we crazy? - I guess we are. It is very crowded then. If you are looking for low attendance times this is not the time to go. We enjoy ourselves because we are there for 2 weeks & really enjoy the resorts & other attracations - not only the parks.

We went in Nov. of 2002 - the week of Veteran's Day. With the exception of MGM during Super Soaps Weekend, crowds were very light. I was nervous because I heard that Jersey Week was during that time. It turned out that Jersey Week was the week before Veteran's Day.

Anyway, I would think that President's Week, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day are pretty light but that Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter, when the schools have extended vacations have very heavy crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter