Which month would you choose?

All three months are hot. August would have a slightly greater hurricane risk.

I would pick based on price and reservation availability.

June. Many schools are in session until the end of June. Weather will be better.

We are “cold” month visitors - (we stick to nov-feb) - but I had a chance to accompany DH on a work trip last August and do a few solo park days. The heat was a complete shock to my system, but even moreso I couldn’t get over how extremely crowded everything felt. Long lines everywhere! I’d choose June.

None of those options is ideal, I'd go for August thinking there's a chance for lower crowds. I don't think the weather would be appreciably different during any of those times.

Help please. DH just announced that (1) his vacations weeks are approved, and (2) we can start planning for our WDW trip. We now have to choose between 3 of these dates to visit WDW.

2nd week of June
2nd week of July
2nd week of August

We've endured the heat in August on a prior trip so weather is not as big a factor as crowds in our decision making.

Which month would you choose?

TIA as always.

Well, heat will be a factor no matter what. August would be my vote because it gives you more time to plan and a better chance at reserving those hard to get ADRs. Lots of schools are back in by then, at least where I live so crowds may be a bit better. Hurricane season is riskier in August for Florida but there is no way to ever plan for that other than to have some travel insurance.

June or August, both because schools in a lot of parts of the country are either not out yet, or have just started back.

We like to go the last week in Augsut, byt hen it;s only guests from a handful of counties (mostly Va. and NJ and the Brits). But its much busier in early August. That said, everything is changing every year these days, last year some of the traditionally peak weeks of summer where the slowest, and traditionally slower weeks were much busier.

I vote June or July.

We are deciding between the second weeks in June/ July, too. I was thinking July to try to get into Toy Story but I'm afraid it might just be complete chaos there and we'll end up not doing it anyway. I've never been in the summer but have done Sept. for the past three years and the idea of that heat plus serious crowds is frightening. If August was an option for us I would chose that.
Right now I'm leaning toward June and saving TSL for a Nov. trip.

Do you want to see the new Toy Story Land during this trip? If so, it's July or August for you. If the heat doesn't bother you, August might be the better time from a crowd perspective. However, June might be less crowded because some people are going to delay their trips until Toy Story Land opens.

Have a great trip!!!!

Do you want to see the new Toy Story Land during this trip? If so, it's July or August for you. If the heat doesn't bother you, August might be the better time from a crowd perspective. However, June might be less crowded because some people are going to delay their trips until Toy Story Land opens.

Have a great trip!!!!

Great points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter