Which one? JetBlue or Delta

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
I have never flown JetBlue, so I am unfamiliar.
Even though we have Delta points, JetBlue now offers non-stop to FLL. Looks great.
Delta, as we know, from the South, doesn't matter if you are going to He!!, gonna stop for a layover at Atlanta. : (

So, okay... Should we save our Delta points for our next trip, and just book JetBlue, and a much lower fare. (even cash and points, Delta would be almost $400.00... Jetblue Cash is $550.00 + one bag)

Also, if anyone knows, we are partnered up with our Delta points and SPG.
Does anybody know how the transfer rate is if we wanted to transfer Delta points towards an SPG hotel stay???? The next trip we are considering would probably be Delta flights, and SPG hotel stay - using points.

I am just so lost...
Help!!!

All things being equal, I would choose Delta but I would pay more to avoid a non-direct flight.

I would save the points since you know you will use them for a different trip and book JetBlue. Their flights are great. We fly direct from Boston every time we go to Florida and never have any issues.

Thanks....
That layover and flight times are HUGE for me. several hours, compared to a quick two hour non-stop.

The totals that I mentioned are for the both of us.

Just curious, reasons one might prefer Delta, if it were comparable flights/costs???

One prefers Delta because so many of our JetBlue flights had super long delays. A 2 hour delay was average on about half of our flights and we were spending more time in the airport than in the air. So we took our business elsewhere. I haven't had that experience with Delta - some minor delays but nothing notable.

I always choose non-stop first, if the price isn't too high. I am a pretty loyal Delta flyer, but I often can't find just the right layover length in Atlanta.

Love the idea of that JetBlue non-stop!
I am not loyal to Delta, even though flying from here, yes, we do end up flying Delta, and we have been working on getting a lot of points.
Have been kind of burned by Delta, just like most other airlines.

But, cluvuvsdisney, I just found the stats on the on-time performance of this Jetblue flight.
This flight has only a 66% on-time rate.
Not so good....

I have only flown JetBlue for years and have never had a delay but we mostly fly direct to MCO.

Big fan of JetBlue. I fly them every time I have a race up in the Boston area...and I live in Atlanta, home of Delta. They offer free satellite TV, so after I wake up from my nap on the plane, I've got something to entertain myself.

Love JB, we fly with them whenever we go to FL.
We did fly Delta to CA a couple years ago and I have no complaints with them, great flights to there and back home.
The deciding factor for me would whether it was non-stop or not, I would not do a layover even if the price was significantly less.

That ontime rate does give me pause—my JetBlue flights are almost always early. I have the JetBlue plus card and fly them almost exclusively. My SO has status with Delta so when I travel with him we usually fly Delta. I’ll fly with them on routes JetBlue doesn’t serve.

In your case, I’d take the gamble and give JetBlue a try this time.

Jet Blue is FAR AND AWAY a better airline than Delta in every possible way. Much more leg room, larger seats, seatback entertainment with DirecTV, great snacks, friendly crew, and amazing customer service when things go wrong (they are very proactive in resolving issues and giving credits towards future travel for even minor things, without anyone having to ask)

But are you talking about traveling to Orlando? FLL is like a 3 hour drive...

Have had good luck with both. I would just choose the most convenient. Like most I do all I can to avoid a layover. That comes before price for me.

I prefer JetBlue for a nicer flying experience, and I never, even book with a connection when a non-stop is available.

However, I ran into a HUGE issue once with FLL/JetBlue specifically. I never knew until then that JetBlue does NOT fly into Miami. I plan trips for a non-profit, and had a family booked on a JetBlue flight to FLL because it was the best times/price when I booked (and I always prefer JetBlue as they work easily with me always in terms of changes etc when needed). This family was scheduled to fly in the morning after the FLL shooting for a cruise leaving the same day as the flight. And for many hours we didn't know if their early morning flight would be canceled or not. And there was no way to move them to a Miami flight, because JetBlue doesn't fly to Miami! It all worked out, but if you have a tight time scheduled (like a cruise) I'd weigh that carefully.

If I had to fly to FLL (the man has family there that I don't care if I ever see them again...oops ranting digression over) I'd go with JetBlue non stop and save the Delta points for another time. Nice airline for domestic travel; seats aren't incredibly tight, TV screens on all seats so watch what you want (don't forget to bring yr phone earbuds or you'll have to pay for them) and what a shocker- free non alcoholic beverages and snacks. The only time I ever had a wait was actually the fault of the airport (LGA and it's much needed upgrade). We sat on the ground for 35 minutes waiting for a gate to open up.

If I had to fly to FLL (the man has family there that I don't care if I ever see them again...oops ranting digression over) I'd go with JetBlue non stop and save the Delta points for another time. Nice airline for domestic travel; seats aren't incredibly tight, TV screens on all seats so watch what you want (don't forget to bring yr phone earbuds or you'll have to pay for them) and what a shocker- free non alcoholic beverages and snacks. The only time I ever had a wait was actually the fault of the airport (LGA and it's much needed upgrade). We sat on the ground for 35 minutes waiting for a gate to open up.

I found myself really liking JB over Delta. Delta's seats were smaller than the JB regular seats (not even the more space seats!). I like their boarding process, it seemed to go much quicker (and definitely quicker than SW).

On NYE, early daytime, I flew from Jax-Den-LA on SW, and then 8 hours later, overnight on JB, from LA-FLL-JAX. JB gave out free eyemasks and earplugs, and had everyone do a quick countdown and Happy New Year shout right after we took off, so those of us wanting to sleep could. Snacks were decent, and plentiful; the crew seemed like flying on NYE wasn't a big problem for them (but the flights I had that morning on SW was full cranky crew members).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter