Which Park for 2 days Animal Kingdom or Epcot??

CB11

Earning My Ears
My family and I will be visiting Disney World for the first time end in November. We have two boys ages 6 and 4 . We're going to be there 8 days. We're going to do one day at Hollywood Studios, two days at Magic Kingdom, one day at Animal Kingdom, and one day at Epcot. We have one other day werwe thinking of going to either Animal Kingdom or Epcot. Which Park is better to visit 2 days??
Thanks so much!!

We also have young kids and normally my vote would be AK hands down... You can certainly rush thru AK and do all the “attractions” in one day but on our last trip we spent an extra day in Ak just to explore all of the trails, streetshows and animal exhibits scattered around the tree of life and oasis. Ak at night is also neat and more kid centered in my opinion...

However since you will be there in november if the festival of the holidays is going you should experience that... esp the candlelight processional, holiday food stands, and the epcot holiday fireworks ...great atmosphere definitely worth it also pick epcot if you want more table service dining options AK has fewer options for table service but their QS is excellent

Last suggestion, leave it open for flexibility and ask your family where they want to return after visiting both, true some fp options may not be available so book the most popular ones on your first day in each park, and if you miss a must do in either park you have flexibility... you know your family best have a great time!

Animal Kindom, hands down for us!

I agree-we took our DGDs, who are the same age as your boys and they'd go for 2 days in AK. Well, actually, they'd probably like 3 days at MK, and 1 day each at the other two. But that would be followed very closely by 2 days at AK.

We're in the same situation, although my kids are 9 and 6. We are scheduling two days at Epcot, but am willing to switch to AK if the kids want me to while we're there. I picked Epcot because I think it's exhausting to walk around in the heat and I like the flexibility of being able to take it slowly.

I had to make this same decision when we went in April! My kids are 8 and 5. I originally picked Epcot and then switched it to Animal Kingdom. I ended up wishing we had done 2 days at Epcot because it was a long day trying to fit everything (I feel like the World Showcase takes so much time to get through!) and we still missed a few things and I left exhausted! (My kids still had energy though! ;) ) But we've been to AK more times than Epcot so that could be part of it too.

I would agree with others of leaving it open. I would pick maybe one park to make FP in that you think your family would want to go to again just to get the popular ones. However, ask them beforehand if they want to change parks then just reschedule your FP.

AK; we recently had our 8 and 5 year old on a trip in May, they enjoyed Epcot but it was not a multi-day experience for them. They were very bored in World Showcase. (Not all kids are, but mine were. I loved it when I was a kid!) However they both loved AK and we were really glad we planned 2 days at that park. (It was also very hot our second day, so we didn't feel too bad leaving for the day at 3:30pm and not going back.)

Our DD has LOVED Epcot since she was about 5. She loved (and still does!) to taste various foods around the WS, used to enjoy the Kidcot stations in each country, loved looking at the merchandise in all the shops, had so much fun doing the Kim Possible, which became the Perry the Platypus, scavenger hunts and just generally enjoyed the festive atmosphere. We would always schedule 2 full days and a couple of additional evenings at Epcot.

:sunny:

Touch all with those ages, but I'd probably lean towards Epcot. My kids loved it at 8 and 10 this year and even though we spent 1 1/2 days there we never even made it around World Showcase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter