Which podcast talked about Pepper Market?

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
Which podcast talked about Pepper Market recently over at CSR?

I thought it was more recent than that....like in the last 3 weeks? I remember hearing it, I just can't remember WHEN. Want to re-listen as I may put it on the itinerary.

I think it was discussed briefly on the March 25th show. I have been to the Pepper Market and thought the food was very good It has a little something for everyone. Also, Coronado Springs tends to have a lot of conference business. The time I was at the Pepper Market, I was surrounded by people in suits...not a bad thing, just funny to see while on vacation. :)

Funny story about Pepper Mkt - our first trip to DW was during Christmas break 2007. :santa: We (okay, I) wanted to ensure we were at the parks before rope drop so and of course as Amazing Race fans, we know minutes count when getting DH up and out the door, enjoying some breakie (my fave meal of the day), and waiting for Disney transport to whisk us away.

The first morning at PMkt we were there when the gates opened: I'd done my research, I knew how the place worked and was excited! :tigger: As PMkt virgins when the hostess asked us if it was "eat in" or "to go" we said "eat in". Then, we waited for a server to come by, who would lead us to a table. We waited a couple of minutes as the morning crew greeted each other by their stations, etc. Aaack!

So on subsequent mornings, I answered "to go" so the hostess just gave us the receipt pre-stamped with "TO GO" which would get chopped from the various food/bev stns. Since it was to go, we didn't have to wait for a server to seat us, get our drink orders, etc. It was much quicker, being able to go directly to the nosh (we even saved time as I got the food while DH got morning bevs). :laughing:

If the receipt is stamped "TO GO" then the cashiers don't ring in the automatic 10% tip. Altho we ate in the seated area, we didn't feel we were "cheating" since we were on the DDP and the 18% tip is included. :thumbsup2

Okay, I know you've been waiting...here's the funny part...one morning a server walked by our table and and then doubled-back and pretended to greet us "oh good morning" and we heartily returned the holiday cheer (as visions of sugar plums and "oh, CMs are SO wonderful!" danced thru our minds above our gnawing jaws). However, her greeting was just a ruse to get close to our table to whip out her pen and emphatically scratch, cross off, and literally gouge the "TO GO" stamp off our dining receipt! :rotfl2:

cheers,
:flower3:

I liked the food at the Pepper Market but don't like the tip. They greeted and seated us and that was the last we saw of them. I didn't figure that deserved 10%.

I liked the food at the Pepper Market but don't like the tip. They greeted and seated us and that was the last we saw of them. I didn't figure that deserved 10%.

I agree. :goodvibes

We also relaxed and munched some afternoon snacks truly to go - but just right outside at the many umbrella'd tables, while we took in the marina/lake views. :boat:

cheers,
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter