Which queues are so good you don't FP just so you can experience it?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by ChicagoJ, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:30 PM.

1. ChicagoJ

ChicagoJ Mouseketeer

You guys are the best. Thank you!

2. twodogs

twodogs DIS Veteran

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. rpb718

rpb718 Mouseketeer

I'd like to think that FOP offers the best queue. I could see myself spending hours there. On second thought...

bryanb likes this.
  5. danielocha30

danielocha30 DIS Veteran

The only rides with amazing queues aren’t even at Disney (Harry Potter and the forbidden journey/ Escape from Gringotts), if I could I would fastpass all rides at Disney.

twodogs and bryanb like this.
  6. Davey Jones II

Davey Jones II DIS Veteran

Yeah, we love the scenic route queue. That's why I didn't pick any HM FPs on our last trip.

As noted above, the Harry Potter queues are also great, and we sometimes forgo the single rider line in order to experience them.

bryanb likes this.
  7. bryanb

bryanb DIS Veteran

Flight of Passage queue is worth experiencing at least once. Maybe when the queue is short. If you like theme parks for the themes, and not just for the rides, the theming is some of Disney's best work ever.

Agree, it's kind of like how the Harry Potter Wizarding World queues are a signature part of the experience. If you haven't walked through those queues, you really haven't experienced the whole attraction.

8. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

It's a POTATO FAMINE!!

Monykalyn and 2PrincessesRmine like this.
  9. BriLovesDisney

BriLovesDisney DIS Veteran

None. Every FP is worth it.

10. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Best news ever

11. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

I love the Expedition Everest line. If less than 30 minutes I prefer to wait. Also the Kali Line is fun. I also liked the Frozen line for less than 30 minutes if you are lucky.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  12. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

You mean the 'bacteria walls'?? :D

You're right - they are fun for kids, but I still think they're very unclean after watching some of the kids go through. I won't touch them personally.

twodogs, Ohminnie and Arielle71 like this.
  13. JerseyJanice

JerseyJanice A Disboards original...

@North of Mouse Pooh walls are why you bring and use hand sanitizer. LOL!

OP, I agree that FP is always better, but since you are limited to one at a time after your 3 run out, sometimes, you do have to wait in standby.

Your 6 yo DD will love the Pooh queue (bring Purell). The Voyage of the Little Mermaid has a great queue too and rarely a long wait. Haunted Mansion is another favorite with my family.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 5:03 PM
    Ohminnie and evilqueenmindy like this.
  14. 2PrincessesRmine

2PrincessesRmine Earning My Ears

I'm another vote for PP queue being better than the ride. Pooh is cute too. And SDMT has the best queue but it can get very long.

15. Polybound

Polybound Mouseketeer

Great for kids, a nightmare for parents. The noise is horrible, complete noise pollution and you're stuck with no place to get away from it. The people I feel most sorry for are the attraction cast members. it's got to be a hellish place to work.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  16. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

I have never seen the standby queue at any of these attractions-
    Are they worth checking out (if ever the lines were short?)

I like haunted mansion & pooh is fun; but definitely sticky like honey.

17. djc9699

djc9699 Mouseketeer

We rope drop PP once (sort of) just to go through the line. We usually ride Space first and then generally have about a 25ish minute walk through the line. They did a fantastic job on the experiences in that line. For a 6 year old I would think seeing Tink do all her 'magic' would be cool.

18. ksl5f123

ksl5f123 DIS Veteran

You don't actually have to touch the wall to get the effect. You can wave your hand about 2 inches in front of it and it will still move the honey!

Ohminnie and 720L like this.
  19. marx

marx DVC Home: AKV

For me, none.

But IMO, the FoP queue is spectacular. If the stand by line is relatively short, I'd recommend walking it if not done previously.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 10:51 PM
    DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  20. REEREEG

REEREEG Mouseketeer

Depending on the time of day, the weather and our moods, I would skip the fP (obviously 5th or 6th at that’s point) to do the wait at dumbo

21. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

FoP queue was OK-not >40 wait great though. People rave about this line and I am like 'neat-how much longer?'
    PP-the queue is fun, but the ride is so short not sure that line is worth it.
    SDMT has a fun queue once you reach the inside part, again not worth the wait for such a short ride.
    HM is worth waiting for-when all the elements work it is a lot of fun (*disclaimer-this is one of my all time favorite rides).
    Also-I have seen "Jack Sparrow" in the queue line for Pirates-was pouring rain so I guess he came into the attraction instead of the meet n greet/show? That was fun!
    I also love every aspect of EE! The queue is amazingly themed, but not sure kids appreciate it LOL!