Which resort pools have zero-depth entry?

CK1

DIS VET / DVC member
Now I'm curious -- which pools have the zero-depth entry feature (i.e., it gradually slopes deeper, similar to a beach or lake, versus an immediate 3' depth from a stairs or ladder). Zero-Depth is VERY appealing to those of us with toddlers in the pack!

CIndy;)

I know Polynesian, GF, and AKL do but I guess SAB sort of does in one area.

Yep, the Polynesian has a zero-depth end to their big Volcano pool. My four-year old loved it with all his heart. He and his Mom had tried the quiet pool, but he ended up missing all the noise and excitement.

The new Volcano pool at the Poly, the new pool at the GF, the pool at AKL and Stormalong Bay at the Yacht and Beach Club.

I know that POR also had zero depth in the main pool. I used that side when I didn't want to strain my back while getting out of the pool. That pool area is beautiful.

The Polynesian and The Yacht Club/Beach Club are the only two I know of. (I haven't been to all the resorts)

Just be careful at the Polynesian. We were there in May and found it a bit slippery at the zero- depth end. (Especially if you have a little one who loves to run)

Our family loves the YC/BC since there is so much for everyone to do at the pool. We have a 7 yo DS & a 3 yo DD. DS can go down the big slide (with one parent nearby) while DD can be over in the sandy area making castles or "swimming" (with the other parent) There is also a smaller slide and swimming area behind the big slide that's just for little ones. (Parents can also go in) We love this since DD can sit on my lap when we go down the small slide. (She can't go down the big slide - not even on my lap) The Polynesain doesn't have a small slide for the little ones.

Our kids have been to the YC & BC many times and always enjoy the pool. Another great thing is that they ALWAYS find other kids to play with in the sandy area. Then DH & I can sit nearby and keep an eye on them both while they get to play with kids their own ages. Lots of fun.

Hope you have a great time whatever you choose!

Jill (who will be at the YC in November! :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter