Which season would you go? Easter/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Summer?

Which time would be best for my family to go?

• Easter which is also my Birthday week

• Thanksgiving (Nov 23- Nov 27)

• December (Dec 27- Jan 1)

• Summer (anytime between July 5- mid August)

Results are only viewable after voting.

*Fantasia*

<font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c
I want to take my parents to WDW. Don't you think it would be nice to go during the Holiday? But during the busiest week though betwen Christmas and NYE. Isn't that the busiest time of the year?

My mother will need to rent an ECV. My parents are old, so the walking will be slow. Wouldn't it be better to go at a different time? My choices would be either Thanksgiving or Christmas time or Easter week also my Birthday week or go during summer maybe after July 4 so I can take advantage of the value rate on deluxe resort, but I can't do it after mid August due to back to school.

My mom has only been to WDW once, but that was many years ago. My dad has never been to WDW before, this will be his first time.. and probably will be their last.

If during summer, we will only do parks early morning and just stay at the resort in the afternoon/night.

What do you guys think would be better for my parents? I need some thoughts on this one... Thanks!!

Personally I wouldn't go any of the times you have on your poll. It's just jam packed during the holidays and summer is sooooo hot. But I'm guessing those are your options because of the kids and their school breaks. So if that's the case I picked Christmas time. The decorations and cool weather are the reasons. I hope you have a great time.

Well,having done summer once (NEVER AGAIN), also having done Spring Break once, and doing it again this coming 06', having done Thanksgiving, THAT is my personal choice. Thanksgiving there are crowds,but to us, very doable. They decorate the parks for Christmas,so you get the best of both holidays. The weather is OUTSTANDING,you can still enjoy swimming. IF we didn't have to take our kids out of school,we would go in Nov.Best of luck making your choice. Either way,it's Disney,so it's GOTTA be great! :wizard:

I agree with the other poster, I would also pick Christmas time. I think that the heat is really hard on older people....had a hard time with it myself and I'm 37! So if you just plan on walking around and doing a few attractions and shows, you should be o.k.

Have you asked your parents what they prefer or is this a surprise? Would they prefer dealing with the heat and big summer crowds or the cooler weather and HUGE crowds?

It is really nice of you to do this though! Wish my parents were still here so that I could have the chance to do this with them.

Whatever you choose, you will have wonderful lasting memories....

I have to agree with Tiziminchac who said they wouldn't go during any of those time periods but it's because I'm not into the the huge crowds. I picked Christmas time because it's just beautiful there during that time period.

I picked the summer. My first suggestion would have been Christmas until I read that your mom needs an ECV. A good friend went last year at Christmas and swore she will never do it again. The MK was so packed she thought it was a fire hazard and she couldn't get her stroller down Main Street so she went to MGM, which was a little bit better. She said the crowds were unbearbale

Sounds like you have kids in school so these are your only options. FYI - my sister in law was in WDW in July and said the crowds were low and she loved it. It's a risk, but I think a better option than Christmas.

I've not been at Thanksgiving, but maybe that's better crowd-wise if you're limited as to when you can go.

Definately not summer. The heat would be terrible. Is there anyway you could go in January? From the poll, I would pick Christmas- or maybe Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if it's crowded then.

*Fantasia* said:
I want to take my parents to WDW. Don't you think it would be nice to go during the Holiday? But during the busiest week though betwen Christmas and NYE. Isn't that the busiest time of the year?

My mother will need to rent an ECV. My parents are old, so the walking will be slow. Wouldn't it be better to go at a different time? My choices would be either Thanksgiving or Christmas time or Easter week also my Birthday week or go during summer maybe after July 4 so I can take advantage of the value rate on deluxe resort, but I can't do it after mid August due to back to school.

My mom has only been to WDW once, but that was many years ago. My dad has never been to WDW before, this will be his first time.. and probably will be their last.

If during summer, we will only do parks early morning and just stay at the resort in the afternoon/night.

What do you guys think would be better for my parents? I need some thoughts on this one... Thanks!!

Telly,
That's so great that your parents can come enjoy the magic with you and your kids!
A couple of thoughts...
Do your kids have any long weekends off school during the cooler months that aren't holiday periods? That's how we're going in Oct and early Dec.
Christmas week is the most crowded time of year... would your Thanksgiving trip be just for the long weekend? If you can stay past the weekend crowds thin out. I think considering your parent's situation, the summer heat and the big crowds would be taxing on them.
Out of your poll choices, I voted for Easter/your birthday week. We went during that week in 2004 and had a great time! The weather is beautiful that time of year, I've never seen such blue skies! I used Tour Guide Mike for my touring plans Easter week and even though it's crowded, we did not wait in long lines using his strategies. Well worth the investment especially during any holidays IMHO.
I'm sure you guys will have a wonderful time whenever you go! :wizard:
HTH

Lots of great thoughts here to be considered. Yes, it is a surprise trip for them.. kind of my Xmas present to them...but not necessarily have to take it during Xmas. And yes... those are the better time to take the trip due to my children's school. My son already told me he doesn't want to miss a day of school and I will have to respect his wish.

I thought about the heat. When they are that old (mid 80s and mid 70s), it is hard for them. And that is why I said earlier on my first post that if we go during summer, we will go to the parks (Epcot and MGM only probably) early in the morning and then around noon we will head back. We don't have to see everything and do everything. I am thinking of doing BC or the Dolphin so we can just take the boat there.

I think my parents will very much enjoy the Candlelight Procession at Epcot and they will enjoy walking around the world with all the Christmas decorations up. My parents will also enjoy the Osbourne Lights at MGM. I am trying to stay away from MK because I know it is going to be packed. Is going during Christmas really bad... I mean as far as crowds? Is this all day from early morning until closing time? Maybe we can go early morning so it wouldn't be so bad?

Easter is a nice time to go too. I've been there during Easter twice already. I didn't find it overly crowded. We took advantage of the EMH and the FP and it worked fine for us. But I don't know how my parents are going to be like with all the crowds.

I have never been during Thanksgiving. If it is during Thanksgiving.. I don't know how my family is going to react when they find out that they will not be spending Thanksgiving with them. Am I being selfish? It is the Holiday.. and families do like to spend time together.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts... I am still deciding here. My parents have done so much for me, especially during the time I needed them most. They were there for me... and will always be there for me. Now it's my turn to let them know that I do appreciate everything that they have done for me. Anymore thoughts on when would be the best time for us to take the trip? Thank you.

Those are all peak times - all very busy. Try the week after Thanksgiving, all decorated for the holidays and very quiet, little to no waits anywhere Have Fun!

clukayle said:
Those are all peak times - all very busy. Try the week after Thanksgiving, all decorated for the holidays and very quiet, little to no waits anywhere Have Fun!

Yes, those are the peak season... peak rate and Holiday rate. And those are the times we can go. Believe me if we can do the first week of December I would. But it's impossible. I have to go by the children's school schedule. So from those times I have chosen, which would be a better time for us to take the trip?

*Fantasia* said:
My son already told me that he doesl not want to miss a day of school and I will to respect his wish.
What's wrong with the kids these days! ;)

Isn't Nov. 27th Thanksgiving Day? Would that mean you would be traveling on that day? If so, wouldn't that blow the entire holiday for your family? Just a thought. And since I'm full of questions... are you gonna do a trip report? :teeth:

If you want your parents to enjoy the Christmas decorations, Thanksgiving week would be a good choice. The Friday of that week, you could take them to see Candlelight.

My second choice would be your children's spring break. If spring break is late in the season, however, it might be getting too warm for your parents.

But, personally, my vote goes to Thanksgiving week. (Hum, that's when we are going next.)

Tiziminchac said:
What's wrong with the kids these days! ;)

Isn't Nov. 27th Thanksgiving Day? Would that mean you would be traveling on that day? If so, wouldn't that blow the entire holiday for your family? Just a thought. And since I'm full of questions... are you gonna do a trip report? :teeth:

Nov. 27 is on a Sunday. Thanksgiving this year is on the 24th. Unless I am looking at the wrong calendar.. or the wrong year! I see my big typo!! I need to fix that!

I know... last time when he missed 2 or 3 days of school, I got yelled by my son! He was furious cause he did not want to do any make-up work! They get make up work upon return. I mean the make up work wasn't too bad... it's just that he really didn't want to miss any class work. This year he told me that he will have a perfect attendance! He is an all straight A student... and it seems like he wants to be perfect in any ways... and that includes attendance! So I promised him that we will only go on vacation when the school is on vacation.

Ha ha ha... I always do a trip report... I call it trip review (a long summary.. if that makes any sense and I usually post them under the Resort board and seldom under Theme Parks board).

I know.. going during Thanksgiving holiday will blow if for the entire family. I don't know... still deciding here. While I'm deciding.. let me correct my typos!

I'm leaning towards Thanksgiving too. The weather will be beautiful and the decorations will be up. I'm not very tolerable of the heat, yeah, funny coming from someone who was raised on the islands and now lives in Ga :teeth: dh took me to savannah for our anniversary...in july! He told me he would never take me anywhere again that's hot and wishes we got married in december because I was absolutely horrible to be around :blush:

*Fantasia* said:
Nov. 27 is on a Sunday. Thanksgiving this year is on the 24th. Unless I am looking at the wrong calendar.. or the wrong year!
I don't know why I thought the 27th was turkey day, your right it's a Sunday. I was wrong, but hey, there's a first time for everything! ;) It's too late to change my poll response but I think I would go with the Nov. dates now. I'm just trying to help, not confuse you. Sorry.

Tiziminchac said:
I don't know why I thought the 27th was turkey day, your right it's a Sunday. I was wrong, but hey, there's a first time for everything! ;) It's too late to change my poll response but I think I would go with the Nov. dates now. I'm just trying to help, not confuse you. Sorry.
You're funny! It's okay... you're forgiven since this is your first mistake and it is getting kind of late. :teeth: I did get confused there for a minute as far as the dates go... but then again.. I easily get confused anyways!! :rotfl:

Well... I am holding a room at the Dolphin during Thanksgiving week. I am not quite set yet for December if we do decide during Christmas.

WE went one year for Thanksgiving and had a great time, weather was perfect warm days cool nights great swimming and sleeping.
For me summer is to hot to enjoy have not been between Christmas and New Years. Crowds at Thanksgiving got real bad about the Tuesday before but there is something very magical going to bed Thanksgiving night and waking up to the parks being decorated for Christmas

JMHO Dave Goofydad Dionne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter