Whispering Canyon or Artist Point?

if you're just looking for a place your kids will enjoy, then you'll get what you want from WC. You just might want to eat something beforehand.

..... and you might want to take some motrin and valium with you, too~;)

We went for dinner on Wednesday (8/28). I'm trying to decide if it was truly bad, or if our expectations were too high. The steak was very good, but our server was bland and clueless. We tried all the "triggers" to get a reaction from her, and none worked. We talked about Universal and Cartoon Network, and she had no idea. In fact, she overheard us talking about the Power Puff Girls, and actually came over to tell us, "Oh, I saw that character Buttermilk. She's in the kitchen and says hi." Whoa, not only did she get the name wrong, but did not even know that the PPG aren't Disney characters! When my son asked for ketchup the server just went and got some. Other servers nearby saved the day and played along for the only antics we experienced all night. What made it worse for my kids was that two servers near us were really into character and doing all the things we'd read about. And then to return to our resort was a nightmare. We waited almost 20 minutes for a bus back to the parks.

Like I said, maybe we expected too much - the food was good, and our server provided adequate service for any basic restaurant. I'd rather not do it again, but DD wants to give it another chance and try for a better server.

Lori

I did say my husband said we shouldn't bring "our" kids to AP, not that nobody should bring any kids. Mine were both toddlers, don't sit well for extended periods of time, and forget to use "inside voices." I'm not comfortable taking them anyplace that them being toddlers might spoil someone elses meal. (My daughter's "twos" have been particularly terrible).

If your kids are old enough or quiet enough to handle a fancy dinner (or you really don't care that the couple sitting next to you on their honeymoon has suddenly realized that they never want children) go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter