Who else hates the term “Karen”

You must not be on twitter. I've seen plenty of "ok Kyle" responses to men.
Oh come on, there is no way it is used anywhere anywhere anywhere near the same. It's a derogatory and hypocritical term. Not saying that what so called "Karen's" are doing is right either but two wrongs don't make a right and it's not politically incorrect and it should be. It's hypocritical.

The only thing that annoys me is hearing it all the time, like an overplayed song on the radio - LOL!

Anyone complaining about the name Karen being used is being a Karen.
I know a few Karens and they don't have a problem with it and think its funny. They think its funny because they never actually do any "karen" things.

Maybe all the Debbie's, Nancy's, and Felicia's should start a thread about their name too.

Just going along with social norms and not seeing that some may be not so great is not using your brain. If you cannot see the ugly and hypocrisy in this term then that's sad. I'll continue to dislike all derogatory terms and that includes this and I'll even throw in with that blonde jokes. You ever really think why it is ok and not even deemed politically incorrect to tell blonde jokes? and now we have Karen, that would be unacceptable towards any other group. Such hypocrisy and ironic as the same people saying it is ok to use the term "Karen" are the same ones that are so overly sensitive themselves in this new age of "wokeness" that comics cannot even go to colleges anymore bc they get insulted, just not against all groups like so called "Karen's". We need to think deeper thoughts.

It annoys me too, mostly because it’s only used on women. I’ve seen men post a certain comment online and people have a respectful conversation with that person, but if a woman posts the same comment the response is “ok Karen”. It sends the message that what the person is saying isn’t worth even discussing because they are just a silly woman. Also I feel badly for anyone named Karen.

Here in Niagara, Canada, they are known as Kevins.

The only thing that annoys me is hearing it all the time, like an overplayed song on the radio - LOL!
The only place we have heard it used is on these boards.
We are in the UK, not on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram.
It is supposed to be a derogatory term so it is hardly surprising that people get offended by it.

ford family

I feel sorry for everyone named Karen. Hate the term as much as "mansplaining". When someone disagrees with you but has no defense they resort to using the term "Karen" or "Mansplaining". Yes, I am a man, and yes, I answered a question asked of me, so yes, I guess it is "mansplaining", so WHAT is wrong with that?

I feel sorry for everyone named Karen. Hate the term as much as "mansplaining". When someone disagrees with you but has no defense they resort to using the term "Karen" or "Mansplaining". Yes, I am a man, and yes, I answered a question asked of me, so yes, I guess it is "mansplaining", so WHAT is wrong with that?
I so want to explain the term "mansplaining" to you... but that would be mansplaining 😀

I think calling people names like Karen and Boomer is just a form of bullying. Because it would be bullying if you called them any other name. Rarely has the person being called the name (online, I've never heard anyone call someone else Boomer or Karen in person, unless Karen is their actual name, lol) been doing the stereotype behavior when called the name anyway IMHO. I guess that's what has usually made me think of bullying. It's like someone can't argue their point very well so they'll just pull an insult out of their hat and throw it at the other person with Boomer and Karen usually being their first choice for whatever reason. I've never been called a Karen but I'm sure I'll cross someone someday that will throw it out there, lol.

I think calling people names like Karen and Boomer is just a form of bullying. Because it would be bullying if you called them any other name. Rarely has the person being called the name (online, I've never heard anyone call someone else Boomer or Karen in person, unless Karen is their actual name, lol) been doing the stereotype behavior when called the name anyway IMHO. I guess that's what has usually made me think of bullying. It's like someone can't argue their point very well so they'll just pull an insult out of their hat and throw it at the other person with Boomer and Karen usually being their first choice for whatever reason. I've never been called a Karen but I'm sure I'll cross someone someday that will throw it out there, lol.
If you don't act like a Karen or a Boomer, then it's very unlikely you are called one.

Both names are a reaction to actions of that person. If you yell at a black man that he cannot ride around in a fancy neighbourhood, even though he lives there... you are very Karen-like. If you go tell young people that in your day you got a house for $10 dollars and young people don't know how to save money, you are very Boomer-like.

If you refrain from these things, chances are very low that you will be called a Karen or a Boomer.

If you get called a Karen or a Boomer because you do not park your shopping trolley correctly, then that person has to look into their memes and needs some education.

If you don't act like a Karen or a Boomer, then it's very unlikely you are called one.

Both names are a reaction to actions of that person. If you yell at a black man that he cannot ride around in a fancy neighbourhood, even though he lives there... you are very Karen-like. If you go tell young people that in your day you got a house for $10 dollars and young people don't know how to save money, you are very Boomer-like.

If you refrain from these things, chances are very low that you will be called a Karen or a Boomer.

If you get called a Karen or a Boomer because you do not park your shopping trolley correctly, then that person has to look into their memes and needs some education.

I have seen A LOT of people called both Karen and Boomer on facebook, and rarely did I find they were acting like a 'Karen' or a 'Boomer'. Way more often the person throwing the jab out was being rude and disrespectful because they had an opposing view. I have to think the people being rude and disrespectful like that just lack the ability to make a valid argument to their point of view so they are resorting to being a bully and calling those with opposing opinions names.

Karen is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman. Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X.

Every time I hear it I cringe so much. I absolutely hate it. Add to that all the Karens I know are nothing like this

I don't particularly like the generalities of any name or word used in a derogatory way.

However since I've lived long enough to see this done repeatedly to others (and honestly myself as there was time when my name was used as a label and sometimes still is) I am totally amused that it took this particular stereotype to bring out the outrage.

If a question was asked of you it's not mansplaining.

Handy Chart

I think it's abominable. I know several absolutely, positively lovely Karens. (I've always liked the actual name for years and years. I think it's feminine).

I feel horrendously sad for those lovely women named Karen and it should never have happened to them or anybody else. About ANY name. or ANY nationality. or ANY religion or ANY political affiliation.

Interesting this thread got bumped lol

Way more often the person throwing the jab out was being rude and disrespectful because they had an opposing view.
I half-way agree with you here. The opposing view however may actually be "karen-like" or "boomer-like". I've seen some where it's used as a quick seemingly witty (to the person saying it of course) come back but the person they were saying it to didn't actually really fit that description. However honestly a lot of times they did have an opposing view that fit at least the stereotypical way. But that's merely my experience. I don't really use the terms myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter