Who feels like a Thread-Killer? Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you always have to watch out for that tag fairy too Kim.

But you have tons of tags so maybe they won't pick on you anymore ;)

Dalpal said:
I need to do the C-O-L-O-R thing (or for you Robin C-O-L-O-U-R ;) ) myself.. :ssst: ..I only use the temp stuff....the other is to commiting...and I hate to do roots...:rolleyes:
Hmmmm Betsy and other colorers/colourers, what is this temp thing? :confused3 I stopped coloring/colouring because of the root thing. So how is temp different, and what's the brand/name? I NEED SOME COLOR/COLOUR, ANY COLOR/COLOUR!! My current hair color/colour doesn't have a name, it's so blah/nothing. :confused3 :rolleyes: :guilty: TIA

Cruisin said:
And you always have to watch out for that tag fairy too Kim.

But you have tons of tags so maybe they won't pick on you anymore ;)
Geesh! You scared me!!! I thought I might have got tagged again with something like - not fast enough for speeding, or something stupid like that. :rotfl: Or worse yet, abbreviated - not fast enough! :rotfl2:

KimRaye said:
Hmmmm Betsy and other colorers/colourers, what is this temp thing? :confused3 I stopped coloring/colouring because of the root thing. So how is temp different, and what's the brand/name? I NEED SOME COLOR/COLOUR, ANY COLOR/COLOUR!! My current hair color/colour doesn't have a name, it's so blah/nothing. :confused3 :rolleyes: :guilty: TIA

Temporary colour washes out after so many washings and it does it in a more uniform way than permanent colour which has to grow out.

Really you don't notice the change so much with temporary as it fades.

You have to look at the packages of hair dye and see which ones are permanent and which ones are temporary. Here the temporary ones are marked as Type 2 in small print on bottom front of the boxes.

I use Clairol Natural Instinct. Why? I don't know :confused3 It says it last 24-28 shampooings but I think it stays in a lot longer than that.

Cruisin said:
I use Clairol Natural Instinct. Why? I don't know :confused3 It says it last 24-28 shampooings but I think it stays in a lot longer than that.
Wow, that's a lot of washings. Thanks Robin. I'm looking for that stuff tomorrow, when I visit Walgreens for a flu shot. ;) Now, what color/colour do I get? :confused3 :scratchin :confused3 I have no clue. :rolleyes2

I can't help you with the colour Kim. That's Liz's department ;)

I just tried to get one that was close to my natural colour. I just wanted to cover the gray. So I went with what they call a Medium Brown (hazelnut, they call it)

Maybe you could ask the cosmetic counter salesperson to help you. That is, if they have decent people that they employ there.

Cruisin said:
I can't help you with the colour Kim. That's Liz's department ;)
Well, where is she? ;) She's met me, and seen my non-named-colour hair, what would she suggest? :confused3

I'm thinking dark blonde/light brown. Anything lighter would be too drastic, imo. I USED to be blonde tho, naturally, I swear, but at my age, it's just not something I can 'wear' real well anymore. :rolleyes: I want something normal/NAMED/subtle. ;) That's it....subtle. ::yes:: (something I'm NOT!) :rotfl:

Liz has gone to bed already. :cat:

Just pick a colour that you think you would like and go for it. It washes out eventually ;) The last one I used was way too red. That's what I get for not using the colour that I already knew was good :confused3 It faded out pretty good after a few weeks and it looked not so bad.

If there is somebody else shopping in that aisle, maybe you can enlist their help in the choosing.

They usually have little samples of the colour on the shelves, hard to actually tell anything with those though.

Morning all! :wave:

Kim,
I would not go into the red area...they say red is the hardest to get rid of...now that might be in just perm color...but I dont take chances.. ;) .By the way....I use natural instincts too....I use the "pecan" ...it is also for med. brown hair....I have tried some of the other browns ...but they made my hair way too dark...as Robin says it washes out so if you dont like it ...you can try something different next month or so :teeth:

Well today we have sun!. :sunny: ..and its suppose to go into the 60s :banana: ...Funny how I get excited over 60 degrees....but if its going above 55...Im going to... :cheer2:

Its my Thurs. lunch day....
OH YEAH....its also my weigh in day......and I DID IT! :goodvibes ...I finally made that :cheer2: 10 lb mark :cheer2: ...it seems to have taken forever :rolleyes: ...Now all I have to do is keep going down...I just wish I could do it faster....

Today I will have my Oldest DGS with me :) ......hes a cutie....

I do have a few stops to make today...but Im gettin my (you know what) home :moped: asap...so I might get a chance to enjoy part of this day....Maybe a walk :cool1: to Salt Springs with my hansome Sultan P. :dog2: ....He could use the walk too :paw: ....

Ann,
Glad to hear your back at work....This must mean you are on the mend and we will be seeing your loverly posts soon.....You have been missed! :grouphug:

I hope everyone enjoys their Thursday....and Ill be checking in later this afternoon....

TTFN :wave2:

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Good for you Betsy. I told you, you could do it :teeth:

Slow and steady is much better than a fast weight loss. They say it stays off better that way. So don't be in too much of a hurry.

Supposed to be a nice day here today too. I heard on the radio near to 70º :earseek: I'm not really sure that I believe that but I hope they are right :sunny:

WOW! 70 would be nice :goodvibes .....But then I would really want to get home... :rotfl:...

I hope they are right too...

Hi All :wave:

Okay, First off I like getting my hair colored. It is close to my natural color and with highlights. Second the store bought stuff doesn't stay on the hair well. And the color never seems the same. I like the pampering of my hairdresser.

PS HE, has a Tink tattoo!! :rotfl:

Kim, I'm with Colleen, I'd go to court. You may get off and if you don't it usually doesn't change the ticket or fine. So why not take the chance of getting off or reduced? :confused3

We miss you Ann and you too Cally.

BP how are you? How is PA? Haven't heard from you since the scolding you got from SANTA!! :rolleyes:

Betsy hope you have a nice day and CONGRATS on the 10# :cheer2: . I have been blah on the diet....need to get serious. Halloween was a diet killer!! :eek:

Chat with you all later :grouphug:

We're on the ship and you're not...neener, neener, neener!!!!! :cool1: pirate: :p :p :p :p :p

IT'S A GORGEOUS DAY AT SEA MY KILLAH'S!!!!!!! It's like buttah!!!!

:banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :love: :wave2:

Tenorsinging said:
We're on the ship and you're not...neener, neener, neener!!!!! :cool1: pirate: :p :p :p :p :p

Okay Ms. neener,neener....where are TZM and Ophie? Havin' too much fun to check in with us??? :confused3 Seriously, tell them we miss um. Hope they are having a fantastic time!! :banana:

Tenorsinging said:

No I'm not on the ship but I will be on the ship when YOU are not, so there :earboy2:

I have been keeping tabs on you with your thread though. Sounds like you are having a great time.

Cruisin said:
No I'm not on the ship but I will be on the ship when YOU are not, so there :earboy2:

I have been keeping tabs on you with your thread though. Sounds like you are having a great time.
I second that emotion :cool1:

I'll be sailing The Magic for Christmas and Robin goes shortly after me :)

I just looked, only 47 more days...

I am also living vicariously thru you Tenor! Keep that thread going Lady and tell Tim to behave :hug:

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is the fifth part of the original thread originally posted on 3/26/03 which may be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=348139

The currently active thread may be found at : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1715022

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter