Who feels like a Thread-Killer? Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
KimRaye said:
Ok, no laughing, ok? I got my first EVER moving violation this morning. :moped: :rolleyes: No, I wasn't speeding, and I'm almost embarrassed to say that actually. Illegal turn. It's not my normal route, heck, I never take that route, so I guess I blew it. Well, I know I blew it. :guilty: Anyway, due to 'other' reasons, I was a little emotional, silly I know, but I stayed collected. :sad1: When he gave me the ticket, I asked if he knew my husband (works for the same City), and he didn't, which I told him was good, as I didn't want him telling him. (Playing a much too late guilt trip, but hey, a girls gotta do...) So anyway, he says "I wish I would've known that sooner", and proceeds to 'suggest' to me that I request a court date because his wife is expecting next month so he won't be attending court dates, and my ticket will get dismissed. Not bad huh? I still feel incredibly stupid tho. :sad2:

Hey, I said No Laughing! ;)

aww Poor Kim.

I guess you didn't have such a great day, did you?

Did you have any children in the car with you or can you keep it a secret from them :rolleyes1

Don't worry about it Kim, we all do silly things like that occasionally.

A few years back I went right through a stop sign ( an all way stop intersection). :confused3 I drive that area many times a day probably a hundred times a week but still I went right on through. Who knows where my mind was :confused3 It's just a good thing that there was no one else in the intersection and that there were no police around to witness it ;)

Cruisin said:
It's going to be kind of hard to hide who it is coming from.

I would think the postmarks would give it away in most cases ::yes::
Hadn't thought of that Robin, you're right. ;)

HEY!! I feel like BP now......."Again, from you" with the laughing?!?! :sad2:

;)

Cruisin said:
Did you have any children in the car with you or can you keep it a secret from them :rolleyes1
Nope, all alone, but I fessed up (complained) when they both were in the car after school. I felt it was a better lesson learned (esp for new-driver DS), so I shared. :rolleyes: Kelly learned what a ticket was, so I guess the 'confession' wasn't totally wasted. ;) I also told my husband that name-dropping his name wasn't worth the paper my ticket was written on, and he laughed. He offered to 'look into it' but, once it's written, it's pretty much concrete. :rolleyes:

Ya know what tho, everytime today that I started to get moody/angry/upset about that ticket, I just kept telling myself that there are far more things worse than my lousy ticket.

KimRaye said:
Ya know what tho, everytime today that I started to get moody/angry/upset about that ticket, I just kept telling myself that there are far more things worse than my lousy ticket.

Ain't that the truth.

So how much is this ticket going to cost you?

I don't recall ever having a ticket before (other than a parking ticket)

Cruisin said:
So how much is this ticket going to cost you?
0 if the officer doesn't show, as he 'suggested'. Dismissed, no fine, no record. I'll see tho. :rolleyes:

I too have only had ONE parking ticket before today, and that was stupid also. :sad2: With the deathly speeds I see people driving every day, it just makes me wonder. :rolleyes2

KimRaye said:
0 if the officer doesn't show, as he 'suggested'. Dismissed, no fine, no record. I'll see tho. :rolleyes:

I too have only had ONE parking ticket before today, and that was stupid also. :sad2: With the deathly speeds I see people driving every day, it just makes me wonder. :rolleyes2

Just your luck though his wife will be overdue and he'll show up anyways :rotfl:

I got a stupid parking ticket too once. I should have known better because I saw the meter reader on a nearby street :rolleyes: I just didn't make the connection in my brain and he had time to get to where I was parked before I got back to my car :earboy2:

I got another parking ticket once but they wrote my license plate number down wrong on it, so I just threw it away. They had no way to trace it with the wrong number on it ;)

Cruisin said:
Just your luck though his wife will be overdue and he'll show up anyways :rotfl:
You're the 2nd Mom who said this - this is not looking good for me! :guilty: :rolleyes:

KimRaye said:
You're the 2nd Mom who said this - this is not looking good for me! :guilty: :rolleyes:

Okay then, what if you dont' set a court date?

Do you have to pay a set fine?

That might just be the easiest thing to do anyways. Pay the fine and be done with it. Instead of going through the hassel of doing the court stuff.

Cruisin said:
Okay then, what if you dont' set a court date?

Do you have to pay a set fine?

That might just be the easiest thing to do anyways. Pay the fine and be done with it. Instead of going through the hassel of doing the court stuff.
If I pay the fine, and admit I'm guilty, it goes on my record AND my insurance rates might go up which, after adding Matt, they just tripled, so I really don't need that. :rolleyes: Another alternative to not having it on my record, I think, is paying the fine and attending a 4 hour driving class. :rolleyes: Yeah, right, like I need that. Court won't take 4 hours, and IF the cop doesn't show, I pay nothing. I have 7 days to send in my 'decision'. :confused3

If you go to court and the cop shows up, then what will happen?

Just trying to look at all the options here.

Cruisin said:
If you go to court and the cop shows up, then what will happen?

Just trying to look at all the options here.
Thanks Robin, so am I.

If he shows up, I could perjure myself and try to get off. :sad2: I'm a horrible liar tho, and the guilt!!! :earseek: Or, tell the truth, plead guilty, and pay the same fine, have it on my record and insurance goes up. So, worse case scenario is same case scenario imo. :confused3

Oops, I hear Kelly footsteps on their way to me.................... :confused3

Now, she's right at my side...............back later

:wave:

Just my opinion but it sounds to me for your own peace of mind that you should just admit fault and pay the fine and take your punishment and save yourself the aggravation of a court date.

Expensive in the end maybe but then you can have a clear conscience that you didn't lie about it. If you have a good driving record maybe it won't affect your insurance to much :confused3

I've got to go and try and get some sleep now.

I hope all is well with Kelly.

Catch up with you again tomorrow. :wave:

'Nite Robin! :wave: :cloud9: Thanks for everything! ;) And Kelly is again, fast asleep. :cloud9:

Later!

Good Morning all,
It looks a little rainy out there ...but we are suppose to have a nice day...we will see...

WOW...SANTA!.....Hi :wave2:
I have tried to be good :p ....Does that count?..... :teeth: ....And isnt good a relative :smooth: term....Just trying to cover my ahhhhhhh. :blush: !
So if you compare me to ....Maleficent :maleficen Ive been VERY good..... :teeth: but Please :worship: DONT compare me to say.....Mother Teresa...then Ill be sorely lacking :rotfl:
BUT coal aint always a BAD thing! :rotfl2: .

Kim, Robin, :wave:
I have to admit Ive gotten a speeding ticket...(I just paid it..no court)...I was going 45 in a 30(it shouldnt have been a 30..IMO)....and it coast me 85.00 :earseek: .....BUT..I was trying to get my mother home as soon as I could because she was not feeling well....the darn officer asked my mother if she needed to go to the hosp...(DUH...we were heading out of city..away from the hosp.)she wasnt THAT sick...and I guess if she didnt need to go to the hosp. He didnt consider that as a good excuse....The funny thing was that my DH got a S. ticket there just a month befor in the same spot....and had to pay 85.00 for his....it was an expensive 2 months(that was a few years ago)..Its a bad spot..with no reason for it to be a 30mph road....no houses close to the road..and not alot of traffic... :rolleyes: ...But que sera sera.....c'est la vie....<~~~~~~ :3dglasses SEE THAT?...:upsidedow
.Im multi lingual :tilt:

Colleen,
Do you have the overworked blues?....Hope it gets easier for you when you open....We are missing you!....
and you too Ann!....Hope you are feeling better soon! :wizard:

Susan...please give this :hug: to her when you see her ...It needs to be a real :hug: ...It works better then the cyber ones...TIA...but wait until you can without catching what she has...we dont want you to get sick too... ;)

I read on Tenorsingings cruise thread that TZM mooned :rotfl: her...But nothing about Ophie.....I guess that "sounds" like they are having a good time :rotfl2: :confused3 ..Wish they would post here .... :rolleyes:

I have no major plans for today.....this evening I have to take Pan to her piano lession...but thats it......
Oh and my DB is coming over to put his rotoiller in my barn for the winter....

So ..Ill be checking in now and again....So
TTFN

Morning Betsy.

I know what you mean about the speed limits not being right. There is a road that goes to my parent's house. I've travelled that road all my life. It was a certain speed for nearly all of my life, now they've lowered it by 10 kms per hour :confused3 Try to get used to that :earboy2:

There is a picture of Tenor now on her thread. Looks like a fun lady. :teeth:

I've got to get some work done today. What work, I don't know, but something ;)

Good morning Gang -

Santa - I have been very good all year (well most of the year)......
Here are my good deeds for the year:

I DID NOT yell at my kids...........between 10p and 6am (mon-fri) (sat & sun - VERY DIFFERENT)
I DID NOT argue with my DH ...............between midnight and 5p (mon-fri) (sat & sun - between midnight and 8a)
I DID NOT gossip.................................just listened
I cleaned my house..............................once a month
I made dinner......................................when company stopped over (except that one time I ordered Pizza)
Oh I know there are scads more but..........that should at least get something nice from B&BW

Kim - Sorry about your unfortunate faulty mis-take - been there done that and I don't think Santa will hold it against you (although your SS could have loads of fun with it - (LOL :rotfl2: )

I read a bit of Tenorsinging Cruise - could not keep up as a matter of fact - it scared the bejeezus out of me - I am now offically frightened of Cruising....Maybe I read it wrong (and as funny as it was) seemed like too much work for some R&R....

Colleen - Hope works load get easier.....

Ann -sorry to hear you are still under the weather - get well soon - we miss you

TN - Glad to see you back - I hope with time healing will begin for you and yours...

Ok so I am reading this book - The Redhead Handbook - I have been a redhead for.....ummmmmm 36 years and I NEVER in a million years thought I would need a handbook to be a redhead - evidently I do - so for my RH friends and those that love them here are a few excerpts from the book

"At the height of the European witch-hunts of the sixteenth centuries, many women were identified as witches and killed merely because they were redheads" - Ok this explains my unnatural aversion to fires

"Only 4% of the US population is redheads" - this would be natural red - not the bottle red - does thismean I am a minority and can apply for a small business loan....

"If you see two redheads walking together - do not assume they are related" - well now this makes no sense - if I saw two blondes or two bald men walking together I wouldn't assume THEY were related either....

"We are all Irish" - FALSE - believe it or not I am part Lebanese - and wasn't that I sight when I was born - there it was my Great-Grandmother, my Grandmother and my mother - all dark hair - all brown eyes and all olive complextion - and me - the pale-freckled-redhead wonder - yeah - there were rumors.......

"We are all crazy, excitable, hot tempered........" Please read my letter to Santa above - and note my favorite way to embarras my DC14 and DS11 is to do the Hokie-Pokie in the middle of Wal-Mart - does that make me crazy or just a parent.....

Well gang I am going to read some more and will gladly share anymore interesting (yet questionable) facts and info.....

Stay well TKer's

Janet

Hi All :wave:

Just a quick note to say hello. Ann went back to work today, but still sounds froggy :bounce:

I finally balanced my check book..... :rolleyes: what a chore. I know Ann, I should try to keep up.....

Got my hair cut and colored today....Will NOT Gray gracefully!!! :rotfl:

Well thats it for now. DH coming home with GFclock given to him by DFil. so will need to help get it into the house.

Chat with you all later. :grouphug:

Hello all,
I hope everyone had a good day....
Sounds like you had a full one Susan...I need to do the C-O-L-O-R thing (or for you Robin C-O-L-O-U-R ;) ) myself.. :ssst: ..I only use the temp stuff....the other is to commiting...and I hate to do roots...:rolleyes:

TKB,
After reading
"We are all crazy, excitable, hot tempered........" Please read my letter to Santa above - and note my favorite way to embarras my DC14 and DS11 is to do the Hokie-Pokie in the middle of Wal-Mart - does that make me crazy or just a parent.....
Im thinking I may have some of those red head genes... :rotfl:

I do miss talking to you all every day :grouphug:

Betsy, my hairdresser says the hair dye expands the follicles. She recommended
I not dye mine cause of how thick it is...but alas, I hate seeing the grey and deal with it being thicker...:confused3

Janet, I am glad to see you sticking around...you fit in quite well here. Embarassing the kids is a hobby of mine too :teeth:

Kim, points wise, in NJ, it is better for us to attend court. I would tend to believe him if the officer suggested you go.

I feel like Ann, being so busy at work. I feel that as long as I am able to DIS at night I will survive til things die back down. Being a retail store and with Christmas coming I am sure this will last thru January tho.

:wave: Ann, feel better soon kid, we miss you :hug:

Susan, glad to see you are doing ok too my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter